Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You

Default Thank You

First, I’d like to address that this thread is about the recent Halloween Building Competition ( 2019 ).

I’m truly grateful for the Ubistaff for the competitions they’ve hosted. These competitions, such as the recent building and costume competition, truly reaches out towards the community. And, these are one of the few things that I’m truly appreciative of. Because of the recent Building Competition, I was able to place. Better yet, I got an amazing prize. This is the moment I’ll always remember from my childhood game, Growtopia.

Name:  5D753802-6108-4CAB-A6B4-2EE8F430AE29.png
Views: 139
Size:  856.2 KB

To all my supporters, thank you.
    To all those who gave me advices, thank you.
    To all those who tried my world, thank you.
    To Growtopia, thank you.
    To the judges, thank you.

Trust me, I’m just as shocked as some of you that I placed. Now, let me explain the journey I’ve been through making this world.

Once the competition was announced, I made a new made world. A very new world, and I was clueless on my world concept. My first plan was to have the “ bad guy “ song to be in my world, Altheros. But, that was time consuming. And, it is an utter pain to plan with such a world filled with annoying notes. So, I had to find another song that is spooky and scary. And so, I remembered a world with a song that I rarely hear in Growtopia, “ Spooky Scary Skeletons. “ This memeful piece was made on the first day in just 2 hours. Soon, I’d experimented with frozen glaciers, glue, and dirt. An idea which I had for a Long time already, but had never tried. It looked pretty cool, in my opinion. I had to have other people’s opinions though. So, I asked Techy. He gave me some advices, and it was pretty helpful. And, glue is a pain by the way. During that time, I only wanted to place. I even told that to Techy. Trust me, I wasn’t really as hopeful as some contestants were during that time. I only wished for a placement.

The second day ( Sunday )came, I barely did anything other than continuing the landscape I had. The only thing I could say is that, I was really frustrated. Almost to the point of giving up. Nothing seemed right. My mind was stuck. I soon decided to take a rest. Which is a great tip to follow in my opinion. I highly recommend this to all Builders.

After I took a rest, I tried to build my mansion. Another challenge soon came forth, the music notes were in my way. I had to improvise. At first, I came to the conclusion that this mansion was infinite. A place that would be inescapable. Dark Cave backgrounds were to be my main background. Spooky, dark, and awfully annoying. Though that idea to me seemed very time consuming. By the way, during that time, I finished my first section that talks about Halloween. Anyways, MadameZ came to my first draft for this “ infinite mansion. “ She gave me a fantastic idea to use the Weather Machine - Background instead. And, by the way I live in Asia and I didn’t knew that MadameZ had friends with her. A mod and a Forum Guardian, I was shook! Sadly, I barely talked to them as I was pretty much exhausted. I had to sleep.

I tried out the Weather Machine - Background on another new world. Building is rebuilding, you know...So, it did not work. I didn’t want to waste the weather machine as that would also be time consuming. So, I decided to use the cinematic kind of background I found. It was pretty cool. It reminds me of the famous White Diamond of Steven Universe. The idea of having an infinite mansion soon changed into a mansion that has a dream demon that makes you dream your worst nightmares which tricks you into freeing it. Yes, I know, that’s a lot to take in. You’d have to read the story or the board at the end of the story to understand the story. I’ve been repeating things, sigh. It must be because of the excitement. Honestly, my story is not the best. It’s more of a story that was made by an imaginative toddler. I had so much fun, especially with the tricksters. Also, a unique feature in that mansion is the music box. To me, that’s so creepy. Also, another tip, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Help is already a benefit. It increases your chances of placing.

The main world looks pretty empty by the way because, I don’t want to add unnecessary clouds. Clouds are one of the few things I’ve yet to experiment building. I barely had the experience to build clouds. Clouds are still my worst enemy. The lack of resources was also a problem. I wanted to include a sungate obstacle at the end of my story, but I couldn’t find any world that sells it in a vend.

Oh by the way, because of the amazing entries, I had little faith that I would even place in the contest. But honestly, I looked back at those times I was building, and I had much fun. If you were a contestant, did you have fun building or were you pressured when building your world?

So yes, that’s all. Thank you everyone!
    P.s. I still can’t believe that I placed in the Top 1 - 3.

[[ 6 blasts of different kinds were sacrificed for this contest ]]
    Last edited by Kyeosi; 11-05-2019 at 03:09 PM.

jesus christ its so long
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

Post the render pl0x
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Post the render pl0x
    Pretty empty, I know...
    The render isn’t really something to adore. I’m more proud about the gameplay and mechanics I’ve included.

Someone has to teach me how to build clouds. The empty space is actually getting on my nerves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    If you were a contestant, did you have fun building or were you pressured when building your world?
    What do you mean by this?

If you meant us who participated, id say no, since budget sucks and i couldnt rely on cerno because i intentionally focus on the in-game visuals. And yes i was pressured, it was a breakdown especially they gave us little time and most all, it was my clearance day/events. I did mine for more than 20 hours worth of building/buying/planning.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    jesus christ its so long
    How happy is she? really...
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    What do you mean by this?

If you meant us who participated, id say no, since budget sucks and i couldnt rely on cerno because i intentionally focus on the in-game visuals. And yes i was pressured, it was a breakdown especially they gave us little time and most all, it was my clearance day/events. I did mine for more than 20 hours worth of building/buying/planning.
    Same, I wasn’t able to rely on Cernodile tools.
    I could only rely on the good old pencil and paper. It seems like you weren’t able to adjust your schedule with the contest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    How happy is she? really...
    I’m not certain on how happy I am.

Same, I wasn’t able to rely on Cernodile tools.
    I could only rely on the good old pencil and paper. It seems like you weren’t able to adjust your schedule with the ibackspacedtoomuchsorry
    I managed to get some time, materials became my enemy lol amd that took my precious time fff. And i think i havent congratulated you yet through my fc, maybe off? I forgot whove seen it, anyway

Congraaaatttsssssssssssss!!! ^-^
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    I managed to get some time, materials became my enemy lol amd that took my precious time fff. And i think i havent congratulated you yet through my fc, maybe off? I forgot whove seen it, anyway

Congraaaatttsssssssssssss!!! ^-^
    Wow thank you! ~-~

Same, we have the same problem. The materials!!!
    Paint was hard to come by, and you may have noticed how the guestbook and music box near the lobby looks really noticeable in the render. That’s because, I couldn’t find any black paint. Also, as I said, I really wanted to get my hands on a sungate and obelisks for the end part of my story, yet I couldn’t find any sellers. Materials themselves are truly something that consumes time. In contests like this, I would try to look for alternatives.

My problems were just starting there. The render looks ugly for one main reason, the song. The song took 4/5 of my world. I couldn’t lift the land high as it’d destroy the song. And, I honestly thought that clouds were quite unnecessary during that time. Mostly because of how fast the clock was ticking. Putting unnecessary things to make my render look amazing wasn’t really my top priority. So, those were the few dilemmas I had.

Grats once again Kyeos! I'm very happy for your win. Honestly, you were one of the few builders I anticipated would be a challenge in this contest. I took note of some familiar names and had them as my inspiration (more like pressure) to just put my best into my world.

Surprised me how you haven't relied on a planner on this one, though. Polishing the world render is hard without having to use one, unless you render it a dozen times.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ANCIENTS
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#7411
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Join Secret Santa 2019! Click the image below.

you're welcome but shut up jesus christ my cvs receipt is shorter than your goddamn wall of text
    h

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    Grats once again Kyeos! I'm very happy for your win. Honestly, you were one of the few builders I anticipated would be a challenge in this contest. I took note of some familiar names and had them as my inspiration to just put my best into my world.

Surprised me how you haven't relied on a planner on this one, though. Polishing the world render is hard without having to use one, unless you render it a dozen times.
    I do make plans using pencil and paper, but only once have I used a Growtopian planner. And, that was for my entry in the Valentine’s Building Competition. So, I’m quite used to not relying on a Growtopian planners.

Yes, polishing world renders is a challenge indeed. I have a long way to go to perfecting my renders. Speaking of your last comment, yes I do render my worlds multiple of times. If you don’t/can’t use a planner, you should at least have a piece of paper and pencil to plan. Also, rendering worlds multiple of times to make your world look better is good. Growtopia planners though are still superior as they help you save world locks.

So, making renders look better without a planner is a norm for me. For this world though, because of the challenges I had to face, I had to make room for alternatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    you're welcome but shut up jesus christ my cvs receipt is shorter than your goddamn wall of text
    I can’t, I’m happy.

I would not like to jeopardize your joy, but I'll be honest with you: I don't think that you should have won. First, you won merely because of a "unique concept" that is not at all unique, simply some, like I, did not even think that it was allowed, it clearly said halloween "WORLD" and not "WORLDS." When it comes to design, your world is terrible, empty, and just generally falls at the bottom of ALL the entries. For example, you used paint on blocks like signs, while a painted sign does look good, along with the sign you painted the background, and that is a bad amateurish mistake. Then again, a world like "Voorhees" didn't win, while when it comes to design, it stands atop every world in the ENTIRE growtopia, it seems "overdecorated," but that's merely because you can't pinpoint which block is which due to the extremity of how far the creator decided to go with "design." While building Casefiles, my entry, I did not think that connecting worlds like that was even allowed (just like I said before), therefore I didn't even consider building a world with such mechanics (I'll let you know, I was the person that built "InfiniteLoop," the world that connects to hundreds of worlds, the world the size of 30 full worlds).

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by 2ego View Post
    I would not like to jeopardize your joy, but I'll be honest with you: I don't think that you should have won. First, you won merely because of a "unique concept" that is not at all unique, simply some, like I, did not even think that it was allowed, it clearly said halloween "WORLD" and not "WORLDS." When it comes to design, your world is terrible, empty, and just generally falls at the bottom of ALL the entries. For example, you used paint on blocks like signs, while a painted sign does look good, along with the sign you painted the background, and that is a bad amateurish mistake. Then again, a world like "Voorhees" didn't win, while when it comes to design, it stands atop every world in the ENTIRE growtopia, it seems "overdecorated," but that's merely because you can't pinpoint which block is which due to the extremity of how far the creator decided to go with "design." While building Casefiles, my entry, I did not think that connecting worlds like that was even allowed (just like I said before), therefore I didn't even consider building a world with such mechanics (I'll let you know, I was the person that built "InfiniteLoop," the world that connects to hundreds of worlds, the world the size of 30 full worlds).

Best regards
    > complains about how ALTHEROS looks bad, while in fact it is beautiful and unique in design...maybe take a look at CASEFILES
    > continues to use the argument about using multiple worlds (LOL)
    > what does the paint on a sign have to do with winning a world?
    > the world has a great story, parkour mechanics, and design yet somehow falls at the bottom of all entries

Wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    > complains about how ALTHEROS looks bad, while in fact it is beautiful and unique in design...maybe take a look at CASEFILES
    > continues to use the argument about using multiple worlds (LOL)
    > what does the paint on a sign have to do with winning a world?
    > the world has a great story, parkour mechanics, and design yet somehow falls at the bottom of all entries

Wake up!
    Don't speak if you do not understand a thing about building. I am not complaining; I am merely speaking the thoughts of everyone that understands at least A BIT about building. No, it's not unique nor "beautiful," as I've already said, such concept was not even supposed to be allowed in a "WORLD" building competition. That was an example of how amateurish the creator of this world is, that was merely one out of many factors that came into place. Now, stop being toxic - I was being honest and giving my most utmost thoughts.

Dude, I'm not gonna read everything you wrote there because uh... but congrats! Your world looks cool, tried playing it but it's 5 AM here so I didn't have the best coordination and kept dying.

I zoomed in the render, I like how you used display shelves (No idea if you thought of it yourself, but it's cool!) and the very underrated jack blocks for the trees. I really like the landscaping as well, I could barely pull cliffs off.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't speak if you do not understand a thing about building. I am not complaining; I am merely speaking the thoughts of everyone that understands at least A BIT about building. No, it's not unique nor "beautiful," as I've already said, such concept was not even supposed to be allowed in a "WORLD" building competition. That was an example of how amateurish the creator of this world is, that was merely one out of many factors that came into place. Now, stop being toxic - I was being honest and giving my most utmost thoughts.
    Please don't speak for everyone. We all have our different tastes, and do not ever gatekeep non-builders from giving their thoughts on a world. They have their own opinions about it as well. I feel like this has been a recurring problem some people had since I've started building in 2014, but just because someone can't build, doesn't mean they can't rate other worlds. I've always used the "you're like saying normal people can't criticize a painting or a movie just because they don't draw or make movies" argument for this case. When someone says that they have no say in rating a world just because they can't build, I just get very irked.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

To clarify, I'm not an Australian citizen but I'm an Indonesian studying abroad.

Just wanna congratulate you like a millionth time because it is soo nice seeing new and innovative styles and techniques. You're definitely one of my favourite builders.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Master Sorcerer

Default henlo

congrats !!!!
    you won like 10x my net worth !
    (not salty its a fact lol)

srsly congrats

Best regards
    The world looked pretty empty, I know. I didn't want to place clouds as it was time consuming to learn and perfect. Filling that space with clouds was unnecessary in my opinion as it won't add additional points for my entry. It was basically at the bottom of my priorities during that time. Every second counted, and I had no Growtopia planner to begin with. Just a piece of paper and a pencil to actually plan was the only thing I had. My priorities was the gameplay, stories, and fulfilling the additional points requirements. Happily, I fulfilled all the additional points requirements.

By the way, it may not have been clear but they allowed people to create links to other worlds. Making links to other worlds did not grant additional points though. I just did it as I had to improvise. The song on my main entry was filling 4/5 of my world. It'd be a waste to limit my build in just one world. So, I decided to expand it. My worlds were built based on the in-game experience, and less on how it looks. That's why I'm so thankful to the judges. They weren't biased to pick better looking worlds. They truly did try out my world. They read my story. They judged ( in my opinion ) fairly. Maybe, try out my world?

The world looked pretty empty, I know. I didn't want to place clouds as it was time consuming to learn and perfect. Filling that space with clouds was unnecessary in my opinion as it won't add additional points for my entry. It was basically at the bottom of my priorities during that time. Every second counted, and I had no Growtopia planner to begin with. Just a piece of paper and a pencil to actually plan was the only thing I had. My priorities was the gameplay, stories, and fulfilling the additional points requirements. Happily, I fulfilled all the additional points requirements.

By the way, it may not have been clear but they allowed people to create links to other worlds. Making links to other worlds did not grant additional points though. I just did it as I had to improvise. The song on my main entry was filling 4/5 of my world. It'd be a waste to limit my build in just one world. So, I decided to expand it. My worlds were built based on the in-game experience, and less on how it looks. That's why I'm so thankful to the judges. They weren't biased to pick better looking worlds. They truly did try out my world. They read my story. They judged ( in my opinion ) fairly. Maybe, try out my world?
    That's my problem, they were supposed to judge not only the story and gameplay, but also the overall looks, design, etc. The fact that the top 3 all had interlinks just makes it awfully unfair to the people that didn't even think that was allowed, because it's very clear that the judges played favorites with that concept, "Plus points for interlinked worlds!" Your world is pretty great - but I still think that it shouldn't have won, and that's only because of the design. And what do you mean by "it wouldn't add additional points"? It's only common sense to assume that emptiness would result in MINUS points. And also, planner or not, everyone was running on the same clock. Yeah, congratulations.