Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroDream View Post
    Dude, I'm not gonna read everything you wrote there because uh... but congrats! Your world looks cool, tried playing it but it's 5 AM here so I didn't have the best coordination and kept dying.

I zoomed in the render, I like how you used display shelves (No idea if you thought of it yourself, but it's cool!) and the very underrated jack blocks for the trees. I really like the landscaping as well, I could barely pull cliffs off.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't speak for everyone. We all have our different tastes, and do not ever gatekeep non-builders from giving their thoughts on a world. They have their own opinions about it as well. I feel like this has been a recurring problem some people had since I've started building in 2014, but just because someone can't build, doesn't mean they can't rate other worlds. I've always used the "you're like saying normal people can't criticize a painting or a movie just because they don't draw or make movies" argument for this case. When someone says that they have no say in rating a world just because they can't build, I just get very irked.
    Yes, the d-shelves was an inspired idea. I was inspired by the creations made by people who used display shelves. It was supposed to be a highly detailed original mansion pixel art, but sadly, resources were lacking. Mainly, the display shelves. And the pumpkin trees, well, let me just say that they were used to get additional points. Thank you for noticing my landscape by the way, it is an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Just wanna congratulate you like a millionth time because it is soo nice seeing new and innovative styles and techniques. You're definitely one of my favourite builders.
    Wow?! Really?! Thank you!!!
    I'm so glad to know that I'm finally someone's favourite builder!

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    congrats !!!!
    you won like 10x my net worth !
    (not salty its a fact lol)

srsly congrats
    Thanks MystZ!
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

Quote Originally Posted by 2ego View Post
    Don't speak if you do not understand a thing about building.
    FYI LyveWyre probably knows more about building than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Current avatar by Electrolava6, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Oh man, I just realized who he was talking to. Lyve is a good builder, m8.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

That's my problem, they were supposed to judge not only the story and gameplay, but also the overall looks, design, etc. The fact that the top 3 all had interlinks just makes it awfully unfair to the people that didn't even think that was allowed, because it's very clear that the judges played favorites with that concept, "Plus points for interlinked worlds!" Your world is pretty great - but I still think that it shouldn't have won, and that's only because of the design. And what do you mean by "it wouldn't add additional points"? It's only common sense to assume that emptiness would result in MINUS points. And also, planner or not, everyone was running on the same clock. Yeah, congratulations.
    Why point out so much, when you can simply just stop building or even playing this game, if it's so "unfair" to you.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Its true but you dont have to say this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Why point out so much, when you can simply just stop building or even playing this game, if it's so "unfair" to you.
    Not gonna lie, some points are true. And its considered as unfair. But dont be like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not like to jeopardize your joy, but I'll be honest with you: I don't think that you should have won. First, you won merely because of a "unique concept" that is not at all unique, simply some, like I, did not even think that it was allowed, it clearly said halloween "WORLD" and not "WORLDS." When it comes to design, your world is terrible, empty, and just generally falls at the bottom of ALL the entries. For example, you used paint on blocks like signs, while a painted sign does look good, along with the sign you painted the background, and that is a bad amateurish mistake. Then again, a world like "Voorhees" didn't win, while when it comes to design, it stands atop every world in the ENTIRE growtopia, it seems "overdecorated," but that's merely because you can't pinpoint which block is which due to the extremity of how far the creator decided to go with "design." While building Casefiles, my entry, I did not think that connecting worlds like that was even allowed (just like I said before), therefore I didn't even consider building a world with such mechanics (I'll let you know, I was the person that built "InfiniteLoop," the world that connects to hundreds of worlds, the world the size of 30 full worlds).

Best regards
    Not going on both sides but i agree with you that other worlds deserved it better.

But arguing about a mere paint error is not good enough to convince everyone.

Interconnecting worlds is allowed, the title "world" is the main world, extensions are obviously allowed unless it leads to nowhere related to the world.

Voorhes has a lot of details, i respect the sheer effort that were out into it. But its sad to say that they focused on other factors than details.

Next time use it. You couldve asked the forumers before btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    > complains about how ALTHEROS looks bad, while in fact it is beautiful and unique in design...maybe take a look at CASEFILES
    > continues to use the argument about using multiple worlds (LOL)
    > what does the paint on a sign have to do with winning a world?
    > the world has a great story, parkour mechanics, and design yet somehow falls at the bottom of all entries

Wake up!
    Because some facts are true that other worlds couldve taken the spot. You cling on the positives now that i noticed.

Because he doesnt know. But he couldve asked so it was nobodys fault.

I have no idea why he raised that paint thing.

As said, someone couldve taken the spot for the highest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Wow thank you! ~-~

Same, we have the same problem. The materials!!!
    Paint was hard to come by, and you may have noticed how the guestbook and music box near the lobby looks really noticeable in the render. That’s because, I couldn’t find any black paint. Also, as I said, I really wanted to get my hands on a sungate and obelisks for the end part of my story, yet I couldn’t find any sellers. Materials themselves are truly something that consumes time. In contests like this, I would try to look for alternatives.

My problems were just starting there. The render looks ugly for one main reason, the song. The song took 4/5 of my world. I couldn’t lift the land high as it’d destroy the song. And, I honestly thought that clouds were quite unnecessary during that time. Mostly because of how fast the clock was ticking. Putting unnecessary things to make my render look amazing wasn’t really my top priority. So, those were the few dilemmas I had.
    Lmao so true, a lot of items where to buy them is either empty, linked to a trash world, silenced, ect.

Its one of the worst things that a builder couldve ever faced, but nonethess you did great! UwU
    //iostream
    using namespace std

Int main()
    Cout >> "Peck! Pyeck!";

Robin's Carpentry Building Guide
    Supported by Natsuki~

To be Human~

Looking at the render, I was shocked that such a minimal world won 2nd place. I played through your world(s), and now I understand why you won. Great work, I hope you make more worlds!
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Its true but you dont have to say this.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie, some points are true. And its considered as unfair. But dont be like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not going on both sides but i agree with you that other worlds deserved it better.

But arguing about a mere paint error is not good enough to convince everyone.

Interconnecting worlds is allowed, the title "world" is the main world, extensions are obviously allowed unless it leads to nowhere related to the world.

Voorhes has a lot of details, i respect the sheer effort that were out into it. But its sad to say that they focused on other factors than details.

Next time use it. You couldve asked the forumers before btw.
    The reason why I painted the blocks in the cavern charcoal was mainly to hide the blocks' outstanding colours. Like the signs, boards, trickster, spikes, etc.

Though, I failed to hide the colours of the signs and guestbooks near the lobby. As you can see, they stood out. In my opinion, without the paint, it'd make the world look messy and weird. I mean, why would there be white randomly placed spikes and signs in a cave? ( of course this is a game and anything is possible, but I wanted to make the map look realistic ) Even if that makes my world look extremely simple.

I have many worlds that look really messy, and I wanted to make this entry look simple. I wanted to show what I've learned, and I want to learn more. So whether or not this world looks simple or average, I'm still proud of it. As, this is now part of my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Looking at the render, I was shocked that such a minimal world won 2nd place. I played through your world(s), and now I understand why you won. Great work, I hope you make more worlds!
    Yes, the world may have looked simple, but this simple world has many stories and tricks to share.
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

I'm lazy to read all that but I know what you want to say,
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAly View Post
    My personal background is everything video games and anime.

Remember im boy..

Bruh, if you lose then you lose. Just accept it, we all have different factors on how we rate out a world. Just try again next time, everyone wants to win but if you are not part of the top 6 then something is missing in your world.

I have seen and read alot of peoples argument about the winners, and this is getting bigger. Just respect the decisions of the judges, it is not only the moderstors who judged, there were also veteran players involved in judging.

Stop complaining, and start working out.
    Hey there folks, come and join us in our very special Secret Santa 2019 ⛄

By clicking this link❄
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019

IGN: Kaito
    World: KAITO
    Instagram: @kaitonatics