Thread: [Feedback] Time Tossed! Update and more (Consoles)

Default [Feedback] Time Tossed! Update and more (Consoles)

Name:  Grow_September_D1R_19_Banner_v4.2.png
Views: 274
Size:  302.9 KB

Hey Growtopians,

We released the Time Tossed! update as well as other new content on console, you can read more about it here!

Let us know what you think about today's release in this topic

~ Ayame

Time-Tossed and other update items based on RNG system. Console players don't have enought wls to waste on RNG system while they are trying to sell platform for 1wls. Almost all of these item drop rates too low for making them expensive on pc servers i guess. Also i don't think someone can do Spirit of Anubis in 1year.

Time Tossed: https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Time-Tossed!_(update)
    Other updates: https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Gr...s_History#2019
    EDIT: Sunblade is summer clash item, is this changed?
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

It's going to be next to impossible to get the full Anubis set. I think it would just be quicker to get a l quest done because the resources are more openly available.

I think console needs a console- specific update to help speed up the economy a little bit.

Ill make a thread later on what you guys can do and some update suggestions for it.

Currently its kinda useless implementing high-end updates. Even in the PC edition of Growtopia only the rich can enjoy some aspects of the game and new updates. We need noob- friendly updates in console editions.
    Last edited by Caine; 10-22-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. We would like to get a bit more details, to understand what do you mean by "console-specific update" or "noob friendly updates"?

Kindly elaborate because the more information we get, the easier it would be to address it

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. We would like to get a bit more details, to understand what do you mean by "console-specific update" or "noob friendly updates"?

Kindly elaborate because the more information we get, the easier it would be to address it
    Instead of making updates that based on RNG system(Like, do as much surgery as you can to get this new item.) Make spliceable items and packs like what hamumu and seth made in first and second year of Growtopia. Currently most of players are too noob to spend something on rng system. They can't waste their gems and wls on surgery, startopia, crime etc..

Packs and Spliceable items
    Packs should be 5000 gems and there will be only one item that you can only get from this pack, like Pink Cadillac on Vegas Pack. Other items have to be spliceable and rarities should be under 40-50rarity, 2-3 of them can be like 50-70 Rarity.

Check growtopia history and updates, you will understand me; https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Gr...s_History#2013
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 10-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Hey Ayame,

The easiest way I can help explain is with the concept of Advance Economies and Developing Economies. Growtopia on PC/Mobile is an advance economy it's been out since 2012 and the rate/introduction of items have been carefully planned and have been a response to the ecosystem of the economy, doing it this way also gave time for everything around it to develop. Releasing an advance game that has been out for almost 7 years is not plausible. The way it should have been done is by releasing a growtopia lite version with drop improved pack prices re-evaluating how players can get item etc. The way it's been done now makes it so only players that know the original game and want to grind out for items can play. This 100% is the cause of the game not doing so well on console markets because the learning curve to get into it is basically impossible.

But that's in the past the way you guys could fix the current game on console is by revamping the way you play with it. Make the gameplay fun not tiresome make it easier to understand, rethink the way you get items. What worked for growtopia on mobile/PC will absolutely not work for console not because of the different platforms but because it's a game that has grown over time based on the events of the last 7 years. In my opinion the way the game was launched was very lazy and I can't imagine in any of the meetings no one brought up the idea of how a 7 year old game with no changes except the controls would do well, but that's besides the point. I apologize if this is to blunt but it seemed more of a corporate decision than a logical one but i am out of line.

While we are on a topic of what improvements needs to be made I strongly encourage your team to speak with early growtopians/long time players and create a beta team of sorts that can test and give feed back on item's, new updates and mechanics. Because no one knows the game better than veteran players, I have probably posted this several times on the forums since the purchase of growtopia and so has many others but it's the same cycle. There's a new update that the players haven't been consulted with and than afterward a change needs to be made because it's not compatible with how the game works and than rinse and repeat. It's a waste of resources for you and a headache for us. I am sorry if I might be going on a rant but there's alot of us that care about this game and want the best for it. I and many others would be more than happy to sit down and chat with you in private on ways it could improved. I am not gonna sit here witting this and say that all our criticisms and concerns have been ignored. Quite the contrary the team/community managers/mods that have been put in charge of this game are amazing people and I can see they want the best. But at the same time I feel like more needs to be done and there needs to be a direct line with players and developers. Please either reply here or pm me if you don't understand something or you would like me to clarify.
    Last edited by Slayer7; 10-26-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    wow nice picture

Selling Cheap Startopia Role +All Startopia Items and Upgrades @7vend - Daily Restock!

“more than 300 new items that were already released on Mobile & PC from April till September this year are now available”
    What does this mean?
    Event specific items??
    What kind of items should we look for?

Default Console needs Console- specific updates.

OK so. I think that at the minute the recent update is hard for most of the economy to enjoy, this is because
    1) People don't have the net worth to be experimenting
    and
    2) The rewards are insanely difficult to get (i.e. Full Anubis set.)

Most of the things are difficult to improve without changing the game entirely or including huge re-vamps, so I will look at the main aspects of Growtopia's economy and specific things you can change.

Gems.

Gems are pretty much the root of the entire economy in Growtopia. It is also the most useful economic tool for it. With gems you can by World Locks, so gems are the currency in which another branch of another major currency is obtained.

The problem on Console servers is that the general economy hasn't had nearly enough time to develop and you have pushed in intensive and expensive updates which put a lot of pressure on the game.

Not enough gems = Monopolisation of active worlds. E.g. TRADE because the only way to achieve growth is already buying stuff which has already been developed slightly, e.g. high tier seeds. Massing stuff from scratch is time consuming and labour intensive, both of which causes newer players to lose interest in the game.
    Currently I think it is safe to assume that the owner of TRADE owns 1/10 of Growtopia's liquid assets due to the high traffic in it.

Solutions-
    Tweak the gem drops while keeping prices of packs etc. in the store the same.

Tweaking the gem drops of blocks breaking will encourage farming instead of camping for cheap deals in worlds like TRADE.
    Tweaking the gem drops will also help boost the speed at which the economy progresses.

'Tweaking gem drops' doesn't mean buffing it by 1-4 gems/ block. It means maybe doubling or tripling it.

Another solution is to provide 'Bonus gems weekends'

In order for console servers to achieve economic growth quickly will be to directly influence the root of the economy, which is gems.

The other point I covered in that was the monopolisation of high traffic worlds. I think you should regulate these and maybe even take them back. This is because the owners of these worlds own vast amounts of wealth which may cause instability later on in the future.

Might add more stuff over time.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    OK so. I think that at the minute the recent update is hard for most of the economy to enjoy, this is because
    1) People don't have the net worth to be experimenting
    and
    2) The rewards are insanely difficult to get (i.e. Full Anubis set.)

Most of the things are difficult to improve without changing the game entirely or including huge re-vamps, so I will look at the main aspects of Growtopia's economy and specific things you can change.

Gems.

Gems are pretty much the root of the entire economy in Growtopia. It is also the most useful economic tool for it. With gems you can by World Locks, so gems are the currency in which another branch of another major currency is obtained.

The problem on Console servers is that the general economy hasn't had nearly enough time to develop and you have pushed in intensive and expensive updates which put a lot of pressure on the game.

Not enough gems = Monopolisation of active worlds. E.g. TRADE because the only way to achieve growth is already buying stuff which has already been developed slightly, e.g. high tier seeds. Massing stuff from scratch is time consuming and labour intensive, both of which causes newer players to lose interest in the game.
    Currently I think it is safe to assume that the owner of TRADE owns 1/10 of Growtopia's liquid assets due to the high traffic in it.

Solutions-
    Tweak the gem drops while keeping prices of packs etc. in the store the same.

Tweaking the gem drops of blocks breaking will encourage farming instead of camping for cheap deals in worlds like TRADE.
    Tweaking the gem drops will also help boost the speed at which the economy progresses.

'Tweaking gem drops' doesn't mean buffing it by 1-4 gems/ block. It means maybe doubling or tripling it.

Another solution is to provide 'Bonus gems weekends'

In order for console servers to achieve economic growth quickly will be to directly influence the root of the economy, which is gems.

The other point I covered in that was the monopolisation of high traffic worlds. I think you should regulate these and maybe even take them back. This is because the owners of these worlds own vast amounts of wealth which may cause instability later on in the future.

Might add more stuff over time.
    Great idea but ubisoft will never add it

Quote Originally Posted by Owen259 View Post
    Great idea but ubisoft will never add it
    I think they might. If they truly care about their game then they most likely will.

This isn't PC growtopia were people have had 7 years to progress, this is console growtopia. They NEED to implement greater incentives to farm and progress the traditional ways, only then can people afford to discover new things and invest in other stuff.

By the way, I'm down for a discussion about this in game. (PC servers)

Feel free to contact me. :]

Interesting

Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!

Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    Hey Ayame,

Please either reply here or pm me if you don't understand something or you would like me to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Feel free to contact me. :]

Hey!

Thanks everyone for detailed responses and clear thoughts, those were really helpful. Also, let's continue this conversation and discussion in public, so all players can see and participate - the more ideas and feedback we get, the better. However, if there's something you need to discuss with me privately, feel free to contact me via pm, I'm checking them regularly

Hey!

Thanks everyone for detailed responses and clear thoughts, those were really helpful. Also, let's continue this conversation and discussion in public, so all players can see and participate - the more ideas and feedback we get, the better. However, if there's something you need to discuss with me privately, feel free to contact me via pm, I'm checking them regularly
    Alright thanks, But what did you think of the ideas?
    Are you planning on heeding the advice?

There are of course more ways to increase growth other than increasing gem drops though

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Packs and Spliceable items
    Packs should be 5000 gems and there will be only one item that you can only get from this pack, like Pink Cadillac on Vegas Pack. Other items have to be spliceable and rarities should be under 40-50rarity, 2-3 of them can be like 50-70 Rarity.

Check growtopia history and updates, you will understand me; https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Gr...s_History#2013
    Bump to this^ i think we can get monthly updates for consoles with packs. I'm sure that devs can make 10 items per month for this kind of packs.