36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 94.44%
  • No

2 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make: Ring Quests Fun & Ring of Nature not Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    Ring Of Nature was already silently buffed the same update that Ancestral Seed of Life (after so much complaining) was buffed too.

Pre Update:
    Seed Of Life: 1% per level up to 5%
    Nature Ring: 1% at 25% chance

Now:
    Seed Of Life: 2% per level up to 10%
    Nature Ring: Flat 1% chance 100% of the time
    This is a good read. Nice to know. Thanks for this.
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Ring of Nature isn't a chance anymore, was changed some time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    Ring Of Nature was already silently buffed the same update that Ancestral Seed of Life (after so much complaining) was buffed too.

Pre Update:
    Seed Of Life: 1% per level up to 5%
    Nature Ring: 1% at 25% chance

Now:
    Seed Of Life: 2% per level up to 10%
    Nature Ring: Flat 1% chance 100% of the time

Check the description of the item, it has already been changed to reflect the changes to the Ring of Nature.

As for the 6 points you mentioned, I have to disagree - there needs to be some challenge instead of just having each task being easy. The only one I'd partially agree with would be the Growtoken one, as there is a maximum amount that you can obtain daily - which would limit you. Point 1 and 3 contradicts itself, Startopia is a feature that I agree, should be added too, but Boss Ghosts is also a rarely used feature, and should be included as well.

Trading 10 rings for a random ring should be changed, thats definitely something to change. Decreasing the number of duplicate rings for a trade wouldn't work imo, I'd keep it at 10 duplicates, but you are able to select any ring of choice instead of it being random.

That's my NO vote for this thread explained.
    Cheers for the info on Ring of Nature; I still think it should be buffed from 1% to 5%, though.

Regarding Lorddirt's opinion, I understand where you're coming from, just that quests such as "Shatter 11 Harmonic Crystals" have the chance to appear as steps more than once in the same quest. It goes beyond challenging and just becomes a spending quest. But fair opinion, cheers for explaining the no vote.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Possible ring quests (lifted from wiki):

Most of those quests are fine, however, a few are not. And I know this point has been made several times, by several people - including myself, several times; but it's kind of an issue. The issue is Ring Quests are NOT fun. They used to be funner, back in the day when the only dodgy quests you had to watch out for were harmonising crystals and earning GrowTokens. These days you have to fight boss ghosts and splice DNA.

I'm not going to write a big long thread that most of you won't read, I'm just going to say which quests suck, how they should be changed, and how the stupid useless ring should be changed.

List:
    1. Change Banish Boss Ghosts to Catch Ghosts in Ghost Jars, that is remove Banish 1-2 Boss Ghosts and replace it with Capture 10-20 Ghosts in Ghost Jars.
    2. Remove splice DNA into a certain amount of prehistoric items - we already have a quest for processing fossils, we don't need another quest from the fossil feature. A single DNA strand is hard enough to get from fossil prepped items, getting 6 to
    3. Add a Startopia quest, it's been a feature for like over a year now, like c'mon.
    4. Train a certain amount of fish - just make it train 1 fish, 1 requires enough dedication.
    5. Harmonise Crystals - make it less, like a maximum of 2, you need 5 crystals per harmonic thingo.
    6. Earn Some GrowTokens - make it a maximum of 1, Carnival only comes for 3 days a month, earning more than 1 GrowToken seriously slows down ring quests.

Ring:
    Ring of Nature is awful, like why even bother adding it as an item if the buff is going to be useless. 25% chance to decrease growth by 1%? What a joke. The ring should buff growth by 5% every single time, not at a 25% chance. It's too underpowered as it currently stands.

Again, my rationale for these changes is that ring quests are no longer fun when you have to do these ridiculous steps.

Lastly trading 10 rings for a single other ring? That's also stupid, it should be lower, like 3-5. Also vote on the poll if you agree with this thread.

Another final point from Techy:
    GIGANTIC YES