• Yes

34 94.44%
  • No

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make: Ring Quests Fun & Ring of Nature not Suck

Default Make: Ring Quests Fun & Ring of Nature not Suck

Possible ring quests (lifted from wiki):

Most of those quests are fine, however, a few are not. And I know this point has been made several times, by several people - including myself, several times; but it's kind of an issue. The issue is Ring Quests are NOT fun. They used to be funner, back in the day when the only dodgy quests you had to watch out for were harmonising crystals and earning GrowTokens. These days you have to fight boss ghosts and splice DNA.

I'm not going to write a big long thread that most of you won't read, I'm just going to say which quests suck, how they should be changed, and how the stupid useless ring should be changed.

List:
    1. Change Banish Boss Ghosts to Catch Ghosts in Ghost Jars, that is remove Banish 1-2 Boss Ghosts and replace it with Capture 10-20 Ghosts in Ghost Jars.
    2. Remove splice DNA into a certain amount of prehistoric items - we already have a quest for processing fossils, we don't need another quest from the fossil feature. A single DNA strand is hard enough to get from fossil prepped items, getting 6 to
    3. Add a Startopia quest, it's been a feature for like over a year now, like c'mon.
    4. Train a certain amount of fish - just make it train 1 fish, 1 requires enough dedication.
    5. Harmonise Crystals - make it less, like a maximum of 2, you need 5 crystals per harmonic thingo.
    6. Earn Some GrowTokens - make it a maximum of 1, Carnival only comes for 3 days a month, earning more than 1 GrowToken seriously slows down ring quests.

Ring:
    Ring of Nature is awful, like why even bother adding it as an item if the buff is going to be useless. 25% chance to decrease growth by 1%? What a joke. The ring should buff growth by 5% every single time, not at a 25% chance. It's too underpowered as it currently stands.

Again, my rationale for these changes is that ring quests are no longer fun when you have to do these ridiculous steps.

Lastly trading 10 rings for a single other ring? That's also stupid, it should be lower, like 3-5. Also vote on the poll if you agree with this thread.

Another final point from Techy:

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    RNG protection needs to be a thing. People don't like waiting an entire month for another go at getting some rings to make 0 progress and lose a varying amount of world locks.
    Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 11-09-2019 at 02:47 AM.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

Yes I definitely agree on all of this. I've been stuck on "train 3 fish" for way too long.

Contact Me:

See my thread on respect

Great changes, but removing the boss ghost quest is going to make fighting boss ghosts not worth the time, therefore nobody will do them. This is going to cause most items requiring boss goo to rise a ton.
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    The issue is Ring Quests are NOT fun. They used to be funner, back in the day when the only dodgy quests you had to watch out for were harmonising crystals and earning GrowTokens. These days you have to fight boss ghosts and splice DNA.

I'm not going to write a big long thread that most of you won't read, I'm just going to say which quests suck, how they should be changed, and how the stupid useless ring should be changed.
    I can agree with all of them except 'Add a startopia quest'. Even now there is alot of players who give up their ring because of surgery quest. Startopia quest going to make it just worse.

Ring:
    Ring of Nature is awful, like why even bother adding it as an item if the buff is going to be useless. 25% chance to decrease growth by 1%? What a joke. The ring should buff growth by 5% every single time, not at a 25% chance. It's too underpowered as it currently stands.
    Another useless ring is Ring of Night, effect is same as Flashlight. It can be buffed with Night Vision Googles effect, or make this;
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Great changes, but removing the boss ghost quest is going to make fighting boss ghosts not worth the time, therefore nobody will do them. This is going to cause most items requiring boss goo to rise a ton.
    You mean it'll have a positive effect on the economy of boss goo items...? Also now that we have a guild daily challenge for boss ghosts, we'll still get an influx of goo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I can agree with all of them except 'Add a startopia quest'. Even now there is alot of players who give up their ring because of surgery quest. Startopia quest going to make it just worse.

Another useless ring is Ring of Night, effect is same as Flashlight. It can be buffed with Night Vision Googles effect, or make this;
    Yeah I wouldn't be against it acting the same as NVG, just that NVG would essentially be obsolete.

About Startopia, it's not that hard to learn, Surgery and Startopia are some of the game's most-loved features. But I get your point.

Ultimately, it would be good if rings had quests set in stone, that meant they were consistent in difficulty and they weren't as painful to collect.

startopia is one of the easiest thing in gt, same with surgery

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

RNG protection needs to be a thing. People don't like waiting an entire month for another go at getting some rings to make 0 progress and lose a varying amount of world locks.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    startopia is one of the easiest thing in gt, same with surgery
    Gonna agree with this one. Startopia is way easier than surgery and requires lesser resource.

Startopia deserves some love. It doesn't have a daily bonus nor is required from quests.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's just another flashlight. It is BRIGHTER, covers more block range.

- - - Updated - - -

Ring:
    Agree, a lot on this one. A food buff is even better.
    IGN: CandleJack

I agree with you. Besides that, some surgery quests are hard too. There are types of those quests which require >35 successful surgeries to complete. Devs need to reduce it to <25.
    VISIT ZOMBIESCHOOL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN ROLEPLAY!

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Removing the DNA splice quest will lead to no one splicing DNA anymore as the quest was the only reason people did it, dinosaurs cost less to buy than to make. All of these changes would have an impact on the economy one way or another, but dna prices would suffer the most.
    Professional thread killer

Lastly trading 10 rings for a single other ring? That's also stupid, it should be lower, like 3-5. Also vote on the poll if you agree with this thread.
    Make it 3 for a random ring, or 10 for a specific ring.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    Removing the DNA splice quest will lead to no one splicing DNA anymore as the quest was the only reason people did it, dinosaurs cost less to buy than to make. All of these changes would have an impact on the economy one way or another, but dna prices would suffer the most.
    Give dinosaurs/DNA another use then, but should the economy really take priority over the enjoyability of ring quests? Regardless, most of the changes I suggested would actually benefit the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Make it 3 for a random ring, or 10 for a specific ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Strongly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    Gonna agree with this one. Startopia is way easier than surgery and requires lesser resource.

Startopia deserves some love. It doesn't have a daily bonus nor is required from quests.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's just another flashlight. It is BRIGHTER, covers more block range.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, a lot on this one. A food buff is even better.
    Startopia is one of the game's best features, would love to see it with more love. Ring of Night is more useful than flashlight, but doesn't put NVG out of business - works for me. Yeah, food buffs shouldn't be immensely better than rings.

The 3 Growtokens should stay. I personally don’t mind getting that quest at step 5 and above. If I’m not wrong the Max is 5 growtokens asked. 3 should be the Max imo.

Lesser Wizard

Very much agreed. Esp the boss ghost quest, its one of the hardest quests imo.

Startopia shld be added in to replace the preparation of DNAs. Also, I also find the exchange 10 rings ridiculous, especially the fact that u get a RANDOM ring back again. In fact, shldnt they make the exchanged ring a new ring that the player has never gotten before?

However, I'm personally ok with the gtoken quest as long as the numbers aren't crazy since one can get ~1-2 token a day (unless you're lucky with life goals and daily quest, which is highly unlikely). Maybe a maximum of 4-5 tokens would be more logical

I think the devs made quests harder since rings are essential for epic quests. I do agree with such a move to make quests harder. However, I would suggest a progressive difficulty for each quest u undertake and it caps at a certain difficulty. Dk if this is a good idea but just my opinion

DNA quests are ridiculous. just splicing a single dna costs around 13 x 3 = 39 wls. Im currently stuck on DNA quests as I have to splice 2 DNA's which would cost a whopping 78 wls. on my previous ring quest I wasted around 2 DLS and took me almost 9 months to complete it. and yes all of that was caused by DNA quests

my suggestion to ubi : we already have fossil prep quest so we dont need a DNA one cuz its too hard. none will waste a DL for a single quest. please rebalance the ring quests so it wont be a little too hard or too easy.
    I'm weird and everyone is weird

IGN : xWeird | Discord : xWeird#3325

SECRET SANTA 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    Just let them go extinct, like they're supposed to.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

Quote Originally Posted by IWasWeird View Post
    DNA quests are ridiculous. just splicing a single dna costs around 13 x 3 = 39 wls. Im currently stuck on DNA quests as I have to splice 2 DNA's which would cost a whopping 78 wls. on my previous ring quest I wasted around 2 DLS and took me almost 9 months to complete it. and yes all of that was caused by DNA quests

my suggestion to ubi : we already have fossil prep quest so we dont need a DNA one cuz its too hard. none will waste a DL for a single quest. please rebalance the ring quests so it wont be a little too hard or too easy.
    We already have processing fossils as a step, which is part of the DNA realm of existence. By not requiring DNA splicing, dinosaur leashes will be worth making, all of my suggestions would be good for the economy, to be honest.

Ring of Nature isn't a chance anymore, was changed some time ago.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

1 people that didn't agree is the ringmaster
    Ign/GrowID: Artlos
    Just be yourself don't try to be others
    And don't give up to reach your dream.

Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Master Sorcerer

Ring:
    Ring Of Nature was already silently buffed the same update that Ancestral Seed of Life (after so much complaining) was buffed too.

Pre Update:
    Seed Of Life: 1% per level up to 5%
    Nature Ring: 1% at 25% chance

Now:
    Seed Of Life: 2% per level up to 10%
    Nature Ring: Flat 1% chance 100% of the time

Check the description of the item, it has already been changed to reflect the changes to the Ring of Nature.

As for the 6 points you mentioned, I have to disagree - there needs to be some challenge instead of just having each task being easy. The only one I'd partially agree with would be the Growtoken one, as there is a maximum amount that you can obtain daily - which would limit you. Point 1 and 3 contradicts itself, Startopia is a feature that I agree, should be added too, but Boss Ghosts is also a rarely used feature, and should be included as well.

Trading 10 rings for a random ring should be changed, thats definitely something to change. Decreasing the number of duplicate rings for a trade wouldn't work imo, I'd keep it at 10 duplicates, but you are able to select any ring of choice instead of it being random.

That's my NO vote for this thread explained.