Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did I get hacked???

Lesser Wizard

I just want to thank you guys for the support you gave me

"There's daggers in men's smiles"

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post
    Yes, they will give you the items back. It only depends on you. Were you the one that led your account to be hacked or was it the games fault of protecting it not very well. That is what Odric meant when he said: Contact Support.
    Have you ever contacted support yourself? They will never give any items you might have lost back if you're not a influencer or a known player.
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Have you ever contacted support yourself? They will never give any items you might have lost back if you're not a influencer or a known player.
    Exactly.
    10chars

Yeah they only return inFlUEncERs ANd FAMous PEoPLE

The GAmE Is DEAd StOp PlaYng It LOLZ XDDDD
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

Quote Originally Posted by EchoBlitz View Post
    I got hacked but One thing I do not understand is I had 2FA on how did they still access my account. What the f*** everything’s gone I literally give up now

- - - Updated - - -

Best thing about it is I’m not getting anything back...
    I checked my gmail it hasn’t been breached either, what went wrong I have no idea but hopefully a mod or dev can help me out
    hackerman magic
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

It reads in the rules: We cannot return stolen items, so BE CAREFUL!
    There is no guarantee of restoring your items even after contacting support.
    For now, let this be a lesson learnt - don’t go round clicking random, suspicious links as they might be faulty and dangerous. Good luck anyways!
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown

it happend to my friend so im gona explain how hackers do it .

SO FIRST OF ALL for a hacker to hack u u need to give him acces to ur pc .

when a noob that dont know how to spam , they go on yt and watch video and download program to spam (BIG MISTAKE)

90% of macro programs (spam programs or program for muliti accounts) have VIRUS in them that records all your passwords from all your accounts + it records your ip adress .
    (growtopia facebooh gmail ... )

hacker will not hack u imediatly , he will let u use spam program for long time before he hacks u . becouse he wonts to record as many paswords as he can .

so many people dont even realise whats happening . becouse they feel safe to use spam programs .

WELL SPAMING IS ILLEGAL AND U WILL BURN IN HELL FOR IT .

its ur fault u got urself hacked

Quote Originally Posted by buyb View Post
    it happend to my friend so im gona explain how hackers do it .

SO FIRST OF ALL for a hacker to hack u u need to give him acces to ur pc .

when a noob that dont know how to spam , they go on yt and watch video and download program to spam (BIG MISTAKE)

90% of macro programs (spam programs or program for muliti accounts) have VIRUS in them that records all your passwords from all your accounts + it records your ip adress .
    (growtopia facebooh gmail ... )

hacker will not hack u imediatly , he will let u use spam program for long time before he hacks u . becouse he wonts to record as many paswords as he can .

so many people dont even realise whats happening . becouse they feel safe to use spam programs .

WELL SPAMING IS ILLEGAL AND U WILL BURN IN HELL FOR IT .

its ur fault u got urself hacked
    Never download weird or “too good to be true” links. They are FAKE. It’s just a bait. Once you download it, they will have access to your computer and passwords, so it’ll be easy for them to by-pass all your Gmail, GrowID pass, etc. You can always verify websites/videos by asking one of the forum guardians/moderators/Ubistaff, and I’m sure they will be glad to help you confirm if the web-page/video is legit.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by buyb View Post
    I know how these hacks work but I can assure you I have never downloaded anything of the sort. The way I have been hacked is far more dangerous and illegal (not in Growtopia but real life as the hacker could take all sorts of information such as payment etc) I have heard about keylogger but I didn’t know by clicking a link on forums would lead me to being hacked

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    It's possible even if you active 2Fa account protection, there is one way to by pass this. But you have to click the keylogger link to get hacked in this way :/
    For forum members; These hackers using growtopia forum to hack players. I recommend you to not click any links on forum.

- - - Updated - - -

They accessed your computer to hack you, i think they still have access to your computer, reset it.

Really ? whats if its just a link to a picture or youtube video?
    Because i got hacked some weeks before but i never gave my password or anything else to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLu View Post
    Because i got hacked some weeks before but i never gave my password or anything else to anyone
    A link can come with something malicious before coming to the actual path.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Default So how we can protect our acc now?

This is a good update
    And also maybe incognito can help us.we all know that incognito is private browser.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLu View Post
    They can hide different links into the normal links, like this; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNFTBaDHB4_Y8eFa8YssSMQ

Just don't click any of them even if you are really curious about it.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    They can hide different links into the normal links, like this; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNFTBaDHB4_Y8eFa8YssSMQ

Just don't click any of them even if you are really curious about it.

Well.. Thanks for info.
    Now i know how this russian guy hacked my Account to sell it on facenook. -.- Ill never click on a link again. Rip 30DLs

As long as your account is AAP enabled and your email matches (the email you used to contact customer support and the email you registered with your game account) you will still be able to get your items back. And also just as long as you immediately contact customer support after finding out you got hacked. So I suggest you contact them now ASAP.

Also, please be careful in clicking unknown and suspicious links in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    As long as your account is AAP enabled and your email matches (the email you used to contact customer support and the email you registered with your game account) you will still be able to get your items back. And also just as long as you immediately contact customer support after finding out you got hacked. So I suggest you contact them now ASAP.

Well this is a relief
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    Hope u get your items back but eh idk cuz it gt support.
    Good luck bruh. Be pateint, all good things will come to those who wait.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

This clears it up. Yay you can get your items back

Told you guys, Wasn't wrong at all when I said support will give it back and also Odric wasn't too. So stop giving false information, there is a punishment for that.
    Last edited by SydeWeiz; 11-10-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Lesser Wizard

yooo you don't understand how happy this makes me

I contacted support and they put my support status as 'waiting' don't know what it's meant to mean, maybe either i wait for someone or they are reviewing my case

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 74
Size:  314.6 KB

I'm just going to email support and be patient, hopefully its just support reviewing my account

(This is an IP ban as I can't Log on to my phone either)