Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: How incompetent is ubi support?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default How incompetent is ubi support?

    My IP was randomly banned, I contacted ubi support. When the issue was finally solved, I thought that was the end of it. NOPE! I noticed that the wl was gone from my main farm. I didn't think much of it, just placed back. Password was also changed. Now I noticed a strange world in my worlds list - imsorryplayer. It pretty much explains itself. How incompetent is ubi support?

    Sure, you can say that I'm lying, choose not to believe this but it is as it is. I want an official response from ubisoft on what they did to allow this to happen.

    EDIT: To clarify, I found the wl being removed on September 28, if that helps somehow.

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard Thiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Very. Give up on trying to get your stuff fixed

    - - - Updated - - -

    But then again, why would big man Ubisoft waste time on growtopia
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/2/2e/Demoman_autodejectedtie04.wav
    Secret audio
    Beep boop, maggot!

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiago View Post
    Very. Give up on trying to get your stuff fixed

    - - - Updated - - -

    But then again, why would big man Ubisoft waste time on growtopia
    You should really know that Ubisoft was once an indie dev (even now they call themselves "the biggest indie dev". Although they now expands to a full-blown AAA studio, they still have many branches for newer employees to learn about coding, game designing, administrating and the like before hopefully moving on to main departments. Growtopia happens to be one of their experimental playgrounds.

    Not saying this is either good or bad though.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

    goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer R4Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IDK..I'm lost...
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Rate gt support between -10 and 0

    IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v



  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notavailable View Post
    You should really know that Ubisoft was once an indie dev (even now they call themselves "the biggest indie dev". Although they now expands to a full-blown AAA studio, they still have many branches for newer employees to learn about coding, game designing, administrating and the like before hopefully moving on to main departments. Growtopia happens to be one of their experimental playgrounds.

    Not saying this is either good or bad though.
    But such stuff is totally unacceptable! What if the person actually took my items and worlds? Support doesn't return lost items, even though it is 100% their fault for leaking my logins. What if I had the same password on my bank account? Who would refund lost money?

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Maroczy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Behind ya <3
    Posts
    982

    Default

    What did the world "IMSORRYPLAYER" have?

    Just curious,since you never know. :/

    A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

    Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maroczy View Post
    What did the world "IMSORRYPLAYER" have?

    Just curious,since you never know. :/
    Just what it is right now. I didn't change anything.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    But such stuff is totally unacceptable! What if the person actually took my items and worlds? Support doesn't return lost items, even though it is 100% their fault for leaking my logins. What if I had the same password on my bank account? Who would refund lost money?
    To be fair, if you use the same password for your bank account and lose your money, it's your fault.

    Signature v9.1


    Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    So in 2 days Odric didn't respond.

  10. #10

    Default

    Edit - 11/12/2019

    Please be advised that ban evading is grounds for a permanent suspension.

    Contact support if your account has been wrongfully banned and we'll investigate.

    Take some time to go over our Growtopian Code of Conduct here:

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ead.php?508518

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,236

    Default

    You got hacked. Don't blame Support/Ubisoft for what they didn't do.

    ...Support is kinda bad tho.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

    Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    Passwords are hashed. It would be very difficult, (if not impossible) for even Ubisoft to figure out what they are -- which would mean that this story is likely quite fabricated.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.


  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    You got hacked. Don't blame Support/Ubisoft for what they didn't do.

    ...Support is kinda bad tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Passwords are hashed. It would be very difficult, (if not impossible) for even Ubisoft to figure out what they are -- which would mean that this story is likely quite fabricated.
    How could I get hacked if I had AAP on? I haven't clicked any suspicious links or anything. At the time someone got access to my account, I was dealing with support because of getting a false ban on my IP so I couldn't even log on. And if it's not ubisoft fault, why are they refusing to give ANY statement at all?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Your Consciousness
    Posts
    41

    Default

    It IS their fault, You couldn't do anything about your account because you were banned, you had AAP on and everything. The only way you could have got hacked was if your ban was only for your device not your ip address, so the hacker could go in, or Ubisoft f*cked up and let the hacker get access to your account somehow. Btw the AAP can now easily be avoided by hackers, no idea how. If hackers can get passwords by using decryption apps, then Ubisoft could do the same thing if they had an app that decrypts passwords.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    It IS their fault, You couldn't do anything about your account because you were banned, you had AAP on and everything. The only way you could have got hacked was if your ban was only for your device not your ip address, so the hacker could go in, or Ubisoft f*cked up and let the hacker get access to your account somehow. Btw the AAP can now easily be avoided by hackers, no idea how. If hackers can get passwords by using decryption apps, then Ubisoft could do the same thing if they had an app that decrypts passwords.
    Finally someone who understood me

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    From EARTH, obviously!
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Let me tell you a story, my friend just called me from discord, told me to play casino(i was kinda dumb), went to that casino world, earned some, lost some but it was still 15 dls, and boom, the world got nuked ( i was in a guest account ) so after that , i evaded my ban by using tmac and deleting some regedit entries. AND BOOM , i have lost my access to the guest account which had 15 dls in it, i have tried to system restore to a backup point but there was none, after 7 days i have mailed growtopia support, told them this ; i lost my access to my guest account, can you help me out?

    They told me that my old account exists, but the server doesnt know its me. And they told me that they could verify it by lcomparing my ip address,identifiers and told me to tell my guest account id,
    And i went straight ahead and told them all the info, they said, we are sorry we cant do that, i told them i mean my ip address wasn't changed what was different? They told me, "We have already answereed your inquiry. Any more emails regarding this issue will be ignored." And i was so pissed, all my hardwork was gone, but after like 4-5 months, i got banned again in a casino for 7 days, and used tmac/deleted some regedit entries again, when i logged up in the guest account there were my 15 dls and 10 wls, and i was happy. As you said, they are incompetent.
    This is the dumbest thread reply i've ever seen LMAO
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    This is the dumbest thread reply i've ever seen LMAO
    Well, im just telling that they couldn't even help me as a support. I solved the issue myself, how is this dumb?
    The thread is also about the imcompetence of growtopia "support" so i see nothing irrelevant, maybe they cant trust people these days since there are a lot of black hats but they should improve themselves as a support.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    no have
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Well, im just telling that they couldn't even help me as a support. I solved the issue myself, how is this dumb?
    The thread is also about the imcompetence of growtopia "support" so i see nothing irrelevant, maybe they cant trust people these days since there are a lot of black hats but they should improve themselves as a support.
    yes because support can use tmac and revert your mac address ok

    also you were doing illegal things why would they help you? lol


    "hey I'm stealing money from your bank, I'd like to take out a loan."

    why would they help rule breakers

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Climper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    507

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Well, im just telling that they couldn't even help me as a support. I solved the issue myself, how is this dumb?
    The thread is also about the imcompetence of growtopia "support" so i see nothing irrelevant, maybe they cant trust people these days since there are a lot of black hats but they should improve themselves as a support.
    Ehh, you broke some severe rules. You really don't deserve any help to get those illegally obtained locks back.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Well, im just telling that they couldn't even help me as a support. I solved the issue myself, how is this dumb?
    The thread is also about the imcompetence of growtopia "support" so i see nothing irrelevant, maybe they cant trust people these days since there are a lot of black hats but they should improve themselves as a support.
    They couldn't even unban my IP so what do you expect from them...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •