Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How incompetent is ubi support?

Edit - 11/12/2019

Contact support if your account has been wrongfully banned and we'll investigate.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ead.php?508518
    Last edited by annesizpic; 11-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Well, i didnt even tell them that i was rulebreaking(by accidentally changing my guest account just to remove the device ban), i was just in need of help, like a random growtopian, however, they first told me they could maybe fix it by comparing identifiers, at the second they told me that they couldnt, which shows that they are imcompetent.
    however, they first told me they could maybe fix it by comparing identifiers, at the second they told me that they couldnt, which shows that they are imcompetent.
    -----------------
    they they had most likely tried to compare, but weren't able to. they never said they could, they said maybe.

you had changed your identifiers for your own reasons. it's not their responsibility to revert your mistakes.

I'm guessing you don't understand that when people say maybe its not always 100% (hence the word maybe)

may·be
    /ˈmābē/
    adverb
    perhaps; possibly.
    "maybe I won't go back"

Lesser Wizard

I got hacked similarly with AAP on and if you want to read the story go here https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...d-I-get-hacked, basically NekoRei said that if i got hacked with AAP on they can give my items back, I agree this is pretty much ubisofts fault as their AAP is weak in protecting accounts from hackers. One thing they can do is add more AAP options e.g, security question,phone number (probably the best imo), etc

"There's daggers in men's smiles"

Master Sorcerer

Default henlo

Quote Originally Posted by EchoBlitz View Post
    I got hacked similarly with AAP on and if you want to read the story go here https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...d-I-get-hacked, basically NekoRei said that if i got hacked with AAP on they can give my items back, I agree this is pretty much ubisofts fault as their AAP is weak in protecting accounts from hackers. One thing they can do is add more AAP options e.g, security question,phone number (probably the best imo), etc
    mind telling me how aap is bad

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    It IS their fault, You couldn't do anything about your account because you were banned, you had AAP on and everything. The only way you could have got hacked was if your ban was only for your device not your ip address, so the hacker could go in, or Ubisoft f*cked up and let the hacker get access to your account somehow. Btw the AAP can now easily be avoided by hackers, no idea how. If hackers can get passwords by using decryption apps, then Ubisoft could do the same thing if they had an app that decrypts passwords.
    I'm pretty sure if Ubisoft would do that they wouldn't hack into random account they would get account that has a lot of stuff. Plus think about that - Why do they even should to that if they have command /give (At least Ubi and some of moderators like Neko etc.) Makes no sense. Also they wouldn't leak your information purposely so the guy definitely clicked on something and hacker got his information, cause the only way to hackers get into your account is getting into database (I'm talking about professional ones) and if there would be a database leak Growtopia Team would inform everyone and already would be dealing with that issue.
    Help me decide what to write in here, please...

Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/eaQAr9P

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Ubisoft would do that they wouldn't hack into random account they would get account that has a lot of stuff. Plus think about that - Why do they even should to that if they have command /give (At least Ubi and some of moderators like Neko etc.) Makes no sense. Also they wouldn't leak your information purposely so the guy definitely clicked on something and hacker got his information, cause the only way to hackers get into your account is getting into database (I'm talking about professional ones) and if there would be a database leak Growtopia Team would inform everyone and already would be dealing with that issue.
    1) It wasn't ubi support who logged in.
    2) As I already stated, I didn't click on any suspicious links.
    3) If it was a random hacker who stole my account details with a keylogger, he would have stolen the items, not left me a note without taking anything.

And btw there were forum leaks - my account details were leaked and items were stolen, like from many others, ubi declined that anything was leaked. But that was in 2017 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    1) It wasn't ubi support who logged in.
    2) As I already stated, I didn't click on any suspicious links.
    3) If it was a random hacker who stole my account details with a keylogger, he would have stolen the items, not left me a note without taking anything.

And btw there were forum leaks - my account details were leaked and items were stolen, like from many others, ubi declined that anything was leaked. But that was in 2017 or so.
    I didn't mean that way exactly, but okay. How do you know you haven't clicked any suspicious links or so. Maybe you were scrolling through forums and clicked on a link that took your information,
    maybe you clicked link in social medias and you don't remember clicking it. Also there are situations when hackers leave a note. Back in 2017 I was hacked and lost almost 7 diamond locks. Guess what - Hacker left me a note. 3 weeks ago one guy got hacked (Not sure who is he I only saw him in one of the discord servers) he said that hacker left him note as well. Plus it's 21 century, there are millions of ways for hackers to get your information.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by EchoBlitz View Post
    You can't bypass AAP unless someone has access to your email, use passcodes on your PC/Mobile next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    You can't bypass AAP unless someone has access to your email, use passcodes on your PC/Mobile next time.
    You can. Someone accessed my account without triggering the AAP. I have 2FA on my email and only I can approve/deny logins to it on my phone which has fingerprint and is with me all the time.

Master Sorcerer

Default henlo

You can. Someone accessed my account without triggering the AAP. I have 2FA on my email and only I can approve/deny logins to it on my phone which has fingerprint and is with me all the time.
    ok now I'm not saying you WERE

but its possible to 'bypass' 2fa (phone text / call blah blah)
    when someone calls your carrier (whatever it is Verizon, telus, blah blah) and convinces them to switch your number to another device, using some personal information of yours etc.
    they get the text messages and can gain access to your email, whatever you have 2fa on and can reset using your phone number

I'm not saying this is what happened to you

I'm saying that it is possible, although highly unlikely over a game such as growtopia, especially for not a particularly large 'profit' (its not like he owned buyghc/seeds).

It happened a while back to a popular youtuber in the minecraft community (~93k).

just thought I'd leave this here

and AAP is better than nothing, tell me if I'm mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    I didn't mean that way exactly, but okay. How do you know you haven't clicked any suspicious links or so. Maybe you were scrolling through forums and clicked on a link that took your information,
    maybe you clicked link in social medias and you don't remember clicking it. Also there are situations when hackers leave a note. Back in 2017 I was hacked and lost almost 7 diamond locks. Guess what - Hacker left me a note. 3 weeks ago one guy got hacked (Not sure who is he I only saw him in one of the discord servers) he said that hacker left him note as well. Plus it's 21 century, there are millions of ways for hackers to get your information.
    Why would someone hack me and not take any stuff? And I know that I didn't click on any suspicious links as I'm very careful about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    ok now I'm not saying you WERE

but its possible to 'bypass' 2fa (phone text / call blah blah)
    when someone calls your carrier (whatever it is Verizon, telus, blah blah) and convinces them to switch your number to another device, using some personal information of yours etc.
    they get the text messages and can gain access to your email, whatever you have 2fa on and can reset using your phone number

I'm not saying this is what happened to you

I'm saying that it is possible, although highly unlikely over a game such as growtopia, especially for not a particularly large 'profit' (its not like he owned buyghc/seeds).

It happened a while back to a popular youtuber in the minecraft community (~93k).

just thought I'd leave this here

and AAP is better than nothing, tell me if I'm mistaken
    I agree that AAP is better than nothing, but you can still hack someone with AAP and 2FA.

If you are thinking how bad is ubi’s support, refer to my case.

I bought a gem pack but didnt receive the gems. Contacted support and send the proof bla bla bla

They said they would escalate the case to appropriate staff to view and would get a response in a SHORT amount of time. Well, its been a month since they said that
    FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM! FOLLOW=FOLLOW BACK

GT ACCOUNT: footballape gt

Quote Originally Posted by footballape View Post
    If you are thinking how bad is ubi’s support, refer to my case.

I bought a gem pack but didnt receive the gems. Contacted support and send the proof bla bla bla

They said they would escalate the case to appropriate staff to view and would get a response in a SHORT amount of time. Well, its been a month since they said that
    Yeah, that's normal. Refund the gems or contact them again.

Lesser Knight

Me: *playing spiky survivors*

GT: AUTOBAN FOR 60 DAYS

Me: pls unban me

Supports: lol probably u hax so we wont unban u
    Main World: FROSTYBITE487
    GrowID: FrostByte487

This year goal:

Get 30 WLs (19/30) (THIS MIGHT BE OUTDATED)

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Passwords are hashed. It would be very difficult, (if not impossible) for even Ubisoft to figure out what they are -- which would mean that this story is likely quite fabricated.
    There are programs to remove these hashes, and it isn't difficult to remove them.. you just have to go to a website (i believe) put in the hash and it's done..

bump, still got no official response

Lesser Wizard

bump, still got no official response
    Well you will never get one, they never respond to posts that are criticizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    Well you will never get one, they never respond to posts that are criticizing them.
    Then the post will be in the first page forever

My IP was randomly banned, I contacted ubi support. When the issue was finally solved, I thought that was the end of it. NOPE! I noticed that the wl was gone from my main farm. I didn't think much of it, just placed back. Password was also changed. Now I noticed a strange world in my worlds list - imsorryplayer. It pretty much explains itself. How incompetent is ubi support?

Sure, you can say that I'm lying, choose not to believe this but it is as it is. I want an official response from ubisoft on what they did to allow this to happen.

EDIT: To clarify, I found the wl being removed on September 28, if that helps somehow.
    Hey Vale0203,

Sorry to hear what happened to your account and thank you for letting us know. We're currently investigating what happened and will let you know on your ticket. We're also going to see if we can restore any items based on our policies.

We're continuously trying our best to make sure that incident like you reported don't happen, but at this stage of the investigation we cannot comment on what exactly happened before we have concluded it.
    "Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you got to open your brain to the possibilities." - King Bumi.