Thread: Console is really boring...

Default Console is really boring...

I guess one way to make it less boring is to be more frequent and generous with the events, although it might ruin the economy of the server, that is one way that it would make the console version less boring and MIGHT pull other players towards it.
    CHJOP CHJOP

Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Wait and be patient. Thanksgiving is coming up... Never know what's lurking behind the corner
    Contact me on Discord: Recheh#5381
    Console Growtopia Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/TkGayKu

Quote Originally Posted by Recheh View Post
    Wait and be patient. Thanksgiving is coming up... Never know what's lurking behind the corner
    I won't be surprised if nothing new or special/exclusive for consoles would be made, but one thing for sure is that it will be just the same as the PC/Mobile version. I'm just hoping that maybe they would make the console version special and more unique than the other server.
    CHJOP CHJOP

Hi Sombodi,

What exactly do you have in mind when you say "special and "more unique"? Kindly elaborate As for the events, we do have plans for introducing more of them in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hi Sombodi,

What exactly do you have in mind when you say "special and "more unique"? Kindly elaborate As for the events, we do have plans for introducing more of them in the near future
    What I meant about that is what if you guys make use of the controller capabilities?

one thing I can suggest is that what if you can add some arcade mechanics to the game and not just farming and socializing like the mobile/pc versions?
    I mean we have a joystick and a D-Pad where we can use them as controls for the mini-games.

I can see this working without ruining the economy is this would be an event like how the pet trainer comes by, We can call him/her the arcade master, we would need an arcade machine to do their quests and in return, we can get items, gems or XP!
    Their quests would involve achieving a specific score, time trials, and side bets.
    And there would be tournaments for this where we try to achieve the highest score, and by the end of the month, the winners will get trophies and items!
    We can get inspiration for the games from retro games, but we still need to be unique tho :P.

I know you could also do this with touchscreen buttons, but physical ones are better and make more sense if you're playing arcade!
    CHJOP CHJOP

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    What I meant about that is what if you guys make use of the controller capabilities?

one thing I can suggest is that what if you can add some arcade mechanics to the game and not just farming and socializing like the mobile/pc versions?
    I mean we have a joystick and a D-Pad where we can use them as controls for the mini-games.

I can see this working without ruining the economy is this would be an event like how the pet trainer comes by, We can call him/her the arcade master, we would need an arcade machine to do their quests and in return, we can get items, gems or XP!
    Their quests would involve achieving a specific score, time trials, and side bets.
    And there would be tournaments for this where we try to achieve the highest score, and by the end of the month, the winners will get trophies and items!
    We can get inspiration for the games from retro games, but we still need to be unique tho :P.

I know you could also do this with touchscreen buttons, but physical ones are better and make more sense if you're playing arcade!

wait wait wait
    are we still talking about growtopia?
    this is just meant to be growtopia on console
    why would they make one unique from the other (other than iotms ofc)

punch, build, grow, arcade master

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    wait wait wait
    are we still talking about growtopia?
    this is just meant to be growtopia on console
    why would they make one unique from the other (other than iotms ofc)

punch, build, grow, arcade master
    what I meant is make use of the fact that we can use controllers and make something unique with it (not just the arcade stuff, I am bad at recommending game content but mechanics are my thing so pardon me for that).

Growtopia console when it is finished (with all the bugs and glitches) is just literally the same with the Mobile version but without the portability (excluding Switch ofc), which sounds alright but really boring because again, it is just the same thing.

I really thought console would have a newer experience because of the Unicorn ride and Brotherhood stuff but meh, I realized it was just for advertising purposes and easter eggs.

I could've simplified this just by saying, "Just make the experience much more different and exciting than the other one" (that's it, thats what I only want), don't be lazy making content for a game so that nothing will go downhill.

peace!
    CHJOP CHJOP

Master Sorcerer

the thing is

theyre not supposed to be different
    in reality, theyre the same game

games on console are usually the same as on pc/mobile etc.

fortnite (excuse this trash)
    plays the same on both pc, console, and mobile
    although the controls have been changed to be the most optimized on the device

they play both the same on pc and console

they are the same game

if they update console for a feature like 'arcade master' (yes example ik) then they would do it on mobile as well. they are the same game after all.
    I would find it simply unfair if console got an update that mobile/pc did not and vice versa (unless they were having issues and delayed the console update blah blah)

growtopia also is pretty boring if I'm honest, I just play to socialize and pet battle

Lesser Wizard

Not a console player but since mobile/pc/mac and console are at different server, it would be great to make things exclusive for each platform, especially to maximize the platform's capability. As for right now playing Growtopia in PC gives better experience than mobile in general. Perhaps an arcade style minigame in carnaval would be a great start for console.
    LeonoSykes

Default Yes yes ... yes!

I have to be honest I'm very impressed, I love the Pet Trainer mechanics and if there was something similar to be added I'd be doing that most of my time playing the game lmao 😂 I love the game and this would make me love it even more 👌🏼👌🏼 ( I'm nearly at 1,000 hours on console already ._. Lol )

Master Sorcerer

Default henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsham View Post
    I have to be honest I'm very impressed, I love the Pet Trainer mechanics and if there was something similar to be added I'd be doing that most of my time playing the game lmao I love the game and this would make me love it even more ( I'm nearly at 1,000 hours on console already ._. Lol )
    seems you already spend all of your time on console
    I don't know why you guys on console want exclusive features

??
    why ?
    just add them to both pc and console
    why should console version be special? so I go and buy a console to use these features? no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    seems you already spend all of your time on console
    I don't know why you guys on console want exclusive features

??
    why ?
    just add them to both pc and console
    why should console version be special? so I go and buy a console to use these features? no thanks.
    Well, one thing is to make up for the fact that MagPlants won't exist in console and these mechanics will change a few things in gt console which might pull other players towards it, its the fun that will pull them if they do stuff similar to this.
    CHJOP CHJOP

Master Sorcerer

Well, one thing is to make up for the fact that MagPlants won't exist in console and these mechanics will change a few things in gt console which might pull other players towards it, its the fun that will pull them if they do stuff similar to this.
    thank god magplants don't exist
    magplants literally ruined farmable economy

didn't answer my question, just told me why you want changes.
    each version shouldn't have exclusive features

magplant is not a feature, its an item.
    I don't think we should have items that console doesn't but I see them not adding iotms as a ++++

but yeah, I doubt that these other items will also be in the game.
    It ruined how the game should be played and because of that, the economy got ruined and players became really lazy
    CHJOP CHJOP

Yeah adding magplants also gives newbs an easier time. I had to explain for 30minutes to a complete newbie on how to play this game and even then, he is still not 100% certain.