Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC/Mac optimization needed

Exclamation PC/Mac optimization needed

Background Info
    My pc has a Ryzen 7 1700, 16GB of ram, and a RX 580 with 8GB of Vram.

Problem
    The game should not be dropping frames with spec like the ones above.

Solution
    Allow the game to use more Ram/GPU/CPU power.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this Is short but I do have more problems and solutions on the way
    Years Playing GT: 6 (almost 7) years
    Old IGN: Owenge
    New IGN: BanWave

+1, This has been my problem for years, I recently upgraded my GPU from 1080ti to RTX 2060, CPU from i7 to i9 and I have 32 gigs of ram and growtopia feels like it is running on 30 fps and feels like a browser game oh and don't get me wrong, my monitor is 144hz and g-sync on, so there is no reason why it should feel like a browser game (even tho it looks like it is).

My only solution for this is bump up the maximum ram usage for GT, GPU and CPU looks fine but you can try to.
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    +1, This has been my problem for years, I recently upgraded my GPU from 1080ti to RTX 2060, CPU from i7 to i9 and I have 32 gigs of ram and growtopia feels like it is running on 30 fps and feels like a browser game oh and don't get me wrong, my monitor is 144hz and g-sync on, so there is no reason why it should feel like a browser game (even tho it looks like it is).

My only solution for this is bump up the maximum ram usage for GT, GPU and CPU looks fine but you can try to.
    How do you increase ram/GPU/CPU usage?

Banned

But the GTX 1080ti is 20% faster than the RTX 2060..

Also lags for me, please optimize it ubi!

Master Sorcerer

why does everyone either play gt with a good asf computer

or a toaster from like 12 years ago with integrated graphics and is like 'what is graphic card'

Quote Originally Posted by FocusedSG View Post
    How do you increase ram/GPU/CPU usage?
    Optimize or Rewrite the game on a better game engine, simple as that (not really).

The problem is Seth and Hamumu coded Growtopia on Seth's engine (Proton SDK) which is really crappy and messy to work on, Proton SDK is good for Mobile and Browser but not good for PC/Mac because (as I said) it is poorly optimized and ancient.

It would be better if they updated Growtopia on a better Engine, the best is if they do it on Unity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    why does everyone either play gt with a good asf computer

or a toaster from like 12 years ago with integrated graphics and is like 'what is graphic card'
    Uhm...Because they can or can't afford a good PC?
    Plus if you are going to play a game like GT ONLY, an office laptop from 2016 will be fine and making YT content/streaming will need more horsepower so you will need a mid-tier PC/Laptop, I do recommend building your own or buy parts and make a technician build it for you (just make sure he/she doesn't steal your parts meaning you should familiarize the parts to you own to prevent it and let them come over your house if they are gonna build it)

Master Sorcerer

Plus if you are going to play a game like GT ONLY, an office laptop from 2016 will be fine and making YT content/streaming will need more horsepower so you will need a mid-tier PC/Laptop, I do recommend building your own or buy parts and make a technician build it for you (just make sure he/she doesn't steal your parts meaning you should familiarize the parts to you own to prevent it and let them come over your house if they are gonna build it)

uHm... this wasn't a like WHY dO pEopLE nOT hAVE GtX 2080tI's IN TheIR ComPutEr question

I bought my own pc
    I assembled my own pc
    I was just asking why I see no 'average' computer playing gt (by average I mean like a middleground between those computers, and computers like yours.)

Exclamation

Optimize or Rewrite the game on a better game engine, simple as that (not really).

The problem is Seth and Hamumu coded Growtopia on Seth's engine (Proton SDK) which is really crappy and messy to work on, Proton SDK is good for Mobile and Browser but not good for PC/Mac because (as I said) it is poorly optimized and ancient.

It would be better if they updated Growtopia on a better Engine, the best is if they do it on Unity.

- - - Updated - - -

GT needs a rewrite, this is known. How how they do that is a bit complicated. They could use C++ or Unity, but GT’s architecture is specifically made for Seth’s base. I suggest they update Seth’s base and test it using public beta

Quote Originally Posted by owenge View Post
    GT needs a rewrite, this is known. How how they do that is a bit complicated. They could use C++ or Unity, but GT’s architecture is specifically made for Seth’s base. I suggest they update Seth’s base and test it using public beta
    well, that's the thing, but updating Seth's engine will still require a lot of re-writing.
    So its either update the engine+fix a few flaws after the engine update (slower, but will make the game feel the same but run faster) OR use a pre-fabricated engine like Unity (faster, but the game will feel a bit different but will still run a lot faster)

well, that's the thing, but updating Seth's engine will still require a lot of re-writing.
    So its either update the engine+fix a few flaws after the engine update (slower, but will make the game feel the same but run faster) OR use a pre-fabricated engine like Unity (faster, but the game will feel a bit different but will still run a lot faster)
    Either way, The ubisoft team could use the man power they have to work on this. Sometimes I feel like 85% of there team is just game design (not true but it does feel like it at times).

Also, How did ubisoft get seth's engine running on switch/xbox/ps4? Did they rewrite the engine, did they port it, or did they use unity or C++?

Either way I'll try to find out what Engine it uses on my switch.... a hacked switch does come in handy sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by owenge View Post
    Also, How did ubisoft get seth's engine running on switch/xbox/ps4? Did they rewrite the engine, did they port it, or did they use unity or C++?
    As far as I know, Proton SDK is multi-platform and porting it to consoles will only require re-mapping the controls and changing how you work around it, I might be wrong but it might be that simple.

But it would be really nice to see Growtopia run as smooth as P--l W----s.