Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 34

Thread: Being rich doesn't feel good anymore. There is no more FINAL GOAL items..

  1. #13
    Master Sorcerer EerieGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Yes you can set legendary items as a goal but it doesn't feel special as old days. i have few legendary items also, like spent over 1000dls for legendary items but Spirit of Anubis looks cooler than them and you can get that for only 85dls, few months later it's going to drop to 30dls or something. As i said, these expensive items doesn't feel special anymore because cheap, flash and big items.
    I now know exactly why you feel that way about the game and you want to quit and you're not alone many people feel the same thing.

    To you it's all about the wls. You don't care if an item looks good but only if it's expensive. And to be honest with that mindset you are meant to be bored of the game. Why do you care about the price of the legendary items, instead you should feel a sense of accomplishment by them, Play to have FUN. If on the other hand they are too easy for you just sponsor an item and I guarantee it will be harder.
    IGN:EerieGt

    Level:65

    Discord: EerieGt#5836

  2. #14
    Lesser Wizard AsMoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    no
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Well you know, the point of growtopia is to have no goal

  3. #15
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    I now know exactly why you feel that way about the game and you want to quit and you're not alone many people feel the same thing.
    I'm not sure how you got this idea from my post but no, i'm going to play this game until ubisoft shut down the servers. Even after 6-7 years it's still fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    To you it's all about the wls. You don't care if an item looks good but only if it's expensive. And to be honest with that mindset you are meant to be bored of the game. Why do you care about the price of the legendary items, instead you should feel a sense of accomplishment by them, Play to have FUN. If on the other hand they are too easy for you just sponsor an item and I guarantee it will be harder.
    People spending over 500dls to get legendary wings but other guy can get the same sized and cooler wings for 5-20dls. In the past, it was very well balanced. There was no 2 block sized wings or items except legendary items or Da Vinci Wings(Davinci price is same As Legendary Items). In this 2 years almost all new wings(And some hand items) big as Legendary... As i said, being legendary doesn't feel special anymore.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

  4. #16

    Default

    ubisoft should add GOLDEN LEGENDARY ITEMS . wich u need normal legendary first .

  5. #17
    Lesser Wizard Mik6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    154

    Default

    I personally remember how sad it was how the old devs destroyed calf leash and magnifying glasses by adding ice calf and nightmare mag (by allowing them to be sponsored)...
    ~ Ign: ImMik ~
    My empty signature

  6. #18
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    You have to remember that what makes an item 'legendary' isn't just their looks or size, but how they were obtained. Before legendary items were a thing, the closest thing to such were items like Fiesta Hat and Devil Wings (maybe even Angel Wings and Merlin Hat) back in the day - "damn mate, he must've worked hard for an item like that". This was because those items weren't just desired, they had connotations tied to them. They were rare and expensive, not many people had them and it was impressive to own them. When Growtokens came about, items such as the Golden Pickaxe, Focused Eyes and Puppy Leash were prestigious in their own right. What made the items 'legendary' were their rarity.

    Devil Wings were not massive nor were they flashy but felt 'legendary' simply because of the rarity and the status tied to owning a pair.

    Inherently, over time, these items become more and more frequent as more players earn them. In the end, these items lose their rarity and become more of a common sight. These items stood out from the rest of the generic item scene, even if they weren't intended to, such as lesser visible items, because they were rare and special. Not many people liked the Golden Heart Necklace when it was released because it lacked visibility, though it was still rare and special to have. If you saw someone with it, you would still think "this guy's rich" and that in itself is/was an accomplishment.

    Legendary Items were meant to feel, act and be legendary. They were larger for the point of being visible, and they were an achievement to have. The first few players who got the legendary items felt legendary in the fact that they were one of very few to own such an item. When the Legendary Katana came out, I quitted my Quest for the Heavens and went for the Katana mainly due to the fact it was new and no one had it yet. I ended up getting it second and it honestly felt much better than the wings because not many had it.

    The power of Legendary Items was there too, but it was less significant than the look and achievement of getting the item. These legendary items did have play-mods that made them more unique, but now as time has gone on, you can easily get the same power with similar, lesser valued items. This wasn't too problematic but still played its part in making legendary items feel less impactful.

    Yes, more larger items in similar size to Legendary Items were being added. Da Vinci Wings were good as it shared the connotation of being an achievement to have. Though the dilution of having more common items as larger items did affect the status of Legendary Items, it didn't really damage the achievement of having one. There was a reason Seth and Hamumu decided to add numerous legendary items, so players had a choice and weren't restricted to a single item. "Why would you go for the Legendary Wings when Steampunk Wings are in similar size?", well, Steampunk Wings do not have the same achievement tied to them that is completing a Legendary Quest. If I saw someone with Legendary Wings, I wouldn't dwarf their achievement due to the fact there are items similar in size and are more common that exist, that's silly. I think the reason people went for legendary items was for the achievement of getting such - well, back then at least.

    The problem here is that Legendary Items have lost their status and value due to the sheer abundance of Legendary Items. People get them for the sake of it, they see whichever aligns within the budget and go for it. Legendary Dragon is the most common as it is the cheapest and is resellable. Legendary Items are supposed to be invaluable, but being able to sell the Dragon makes it feel cheap. Legendary Title was sought after due to the fact people could profit off of it with super-broadcasts. Achievements these days feel less and less impactful as the game grows. This is because of inflation and greed. Legendary Items weren't ruined by the fact more larger sized items exist, they were ruined because the value of the items themselves diminished with the sole reason players pretty much obtained them not for the accomplishment but rather as a status symbol and as a stepping stone. Plus, legendary quests aren't very hard anymore now that world locks practically grow on trees.

    If you simply care about looks, there's a huge difference in the design of Legendary Wings and items like Steampunk Wings. If you decide to put them on the same level, then that is up to you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik6 View Post
    I personally remember how sad it was how the old devs destroyed calf leash and magnifying glasses by adding ice calf and nightmare mag (by allowing them to be sponsored)...
    That's mainly due to the greed of players. People started devaluing sponsored items by using them as a profitable opportunity. They made the items golden or variants of pre-existing rare items in hopes that the items they sponsored themselves would be rare too so that they can sell it.

    Greed ruined a lot of things in Growtopia.

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Nah. Ppl doesn't quit cause legen items aren't special size. They quit, cause they have seen it all, they have experienced it all and they got bored. Also cause ppl in this game are extremely toxic. Some ppl are super mean to rich ppl, so why would they stay here while they get all this hate just because they are rich. Jealous ppl are worst.
    Anybody can be toxic - there are many 'rich' players that think they are entitled to everything just because of their status in the game. They think that wealth can buy them through anything. Entitled pillocks are the worst.
    34 World of the Days won.
    3 World Building Competitions placed in.


  7. #19
    Master Sorcerer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    You have to remember that what makes an item 'legendary' isn't just their looks or size, but how they were obtained. Before legendary items were a thing, the closest thing to such were items like Fiesta Hat and Devil Wings (maybe even Angel Wings and Merlin Hat) back in the day - "damn mate, he must've worked hard for an item like that". This was because those items weren't just desired, they had connotations tied to them. They were rare and expensive, not many people had them and it was impressive to own them. When Growtokens came about, items such as the Golden Pickaxe, Focused Eyes and Puppy Leash were prestigious in their own right. What made the items 'legendary' were their rarity.

    Devil Wings were not massive nor were they flashy but felt 'legendary' simply because of the rarity and the status tied to owning a pair.

    Inherently, over time, these items become more and more frequent as more players earn them. In the end, these items lose their rarity and become more of a common sight. These items stood out from the rest of the generic item scene, even if they weren't intended to, such as lesser visible items, because they were rare and special. Not many people liked the Golden Heart Necklace when it was released because it lacked visibility, though it was still rare and special to have. If you saw someone with it, you would still think "this guy's rich" and that in itself is/was an accomplishment.

    Legendary Items were meant to feel, act and be legendary. They were larger for the point of being visible, and they were an achievement to have. The first few players who got the legendary items felt legendary in the fact that they were one of very few to own such an item. When the Legendary Katana came out, I quitted my Quest for the Heavens and went for the Katana mainly due to the fact it was new and no one had it yet. I ended up getting it second and it honestly felt much better than the wings because not many had it.

    The power of Legendary Items was there too, but it was less significant than the look and achievement of getting the item. These legendary items did have play-mods that made them more unique, but now as time has gone on, you can easily get the same power with similar, lesser valued items. This wasn't too problematic but still played its part in making legendary items feel less impactful.

    Yes, more larger items in similar size to Legendary Items were being added. Da Vinci Wings were good as it shared the connotation of being an achievement to have. Though the dilution of having more common items as larger items did affect the status of Legendary Items, it didn't really damage the achievement of having one. There was a reason Seth and Hamumu decided to add numerous legendary items, so players had a choice and weren't restricted to a single item. "Why would you go for the Legendary Wings when Steampunk Wings are in similar size?", well, Steampunk Wings do not have the same achievement tied to them that is completing a Legendary Quest. If I saw someone with Legendary Wings, I wouldn't dwarf their achievement due to the fact there are items similar in size and are more common that exist, that's silly. I think the reason people went for legendary items was for the achievement of getting such - well, back then at least.

    The problem here is that Legendary Items have lost their status and value due to the sheer abundance of Legendary Items. People get them for the sake of it, they see whichever aligns within the budget and go for it. Legendary Dragon is the most common as it is the cheapest and is resellable. Legendary Items are supposed to be invaluable, but being able to sell the Dragon makes it feel cheap. Legendary Title was sought after due to the fact people could profit off of it with super-broadcasts. Achievements these days feel less and less impactful as the game grows. This is because of inflation and greed. Legendary Items weren't ruined by the fact more larger sized items exist, they were ruined because the value of the items themselves diminished with the sole reason players pretty much obtained them not for the accomplishment but rather as a status symbol and as a stepping stone. Plus, legendary quests aren't very hard anymore now that world locks practically grow on trees.

    If you simply care about looks, there's a huge difference in the design of Legendary Wings and items like Steampunk Wings. If you decide to put them on the same level, then that is up to you.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's mainly due to the greed of players. People started devaluing sponsored items by using them as a profitable opportunity. They made the items golden or variants of pre-existing rare items in hopes that the items they sponsored themselves would be rare too so that they can sell it.

    Greed ruined a lot of things in Growtopia.



    Anybody can be toxic - there are many 'rich' players that think they are entitled to everything just because of their status in the game. They think that wealth can buy them through anything. Entitled pillocks are the worst.


    Woahhh, amen brother. Amen.
    Love the life you live and live the life you love

    GrowID || Kitty

  8. #20
    Master Sorcerer Law_Growtopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Land of Wano
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Yes being rich or legendary doesn't feel good anymore because of new CHEAP flashy and extremely big items. In old times We was working really hard and a lot to get big and noticeable items(Da Vinci, Legendary items etc..). Currenly people can make super cool and noticeable set with only 500-1000wls and i think it's make them quit after a while. Because this kind of items was Final goal in growtopia. Developers definitely should stop making big wings / items. Developers, you don't need make these items so big to make them cool. Example from Atomic Shadow Scythe, and look at Scythe of the Underworld, stop making big items, for future of the game.



    It's totally true, these days you don't need to work really hard to get big legendary items because you can find very similiar items for so cheap. Like Legendary bot, Almost no one wants to do it because of Go-Go-Growformer, worst part is you can buy it for 50wls. What is the point to make legendary katana or Legendary Wing if there is same sized items. You can make Dr. title instead of Legendary Wing and Legendary Title because you can get Angel of Mercy wings for 20dls, if you want to get title, spend 30 more dls to get Dr. Title + exclusive Red name. Both of them cost only 50 DLS. There is really a lot of example, like few months later Spirit of Anubis going to be 30dls or something.

    So, basically in old days this kind of cool and big items was Final goal in growtopia. It took us years to reach them, that's why we have played it for 5-7years. but in this 2years you have made tons of similiar final goal items for 10-20dls. That's why a lot of legendary and rich players quitted growtopia after 5years, it's just doesn't feel good to be rich or legendary anymore. And these items already in-game, there is no way to back... Just keep making 1 block sized wings and hand items(etc..) for very long time. What do you think?
    There really is no point in playing this game once you reach the 10+bgl point and like I (along with hundreds of others) don't really enjoy playing this game and tbh, the old players made gt what it is today because you don't see someone called "coolboy39201" posting stuff on youtube/instagram. Growtopia's first mistake was banning Wicker10 (along with like 20+ players who had over 20-30k followers each) Wicker10 really did help Gt grow + help/motivate other players. I'm not saying It is a bad game, but like they've added too many items that made the game WAYYYYY TOO EASY for everyone (for ex: magplants/rayman= UNNECESSARY items). Before, people would actually call their friends and farm together while now you'd see one guy owning 10 bfg worlds and getting around 7dls+ a day doing nothing but stocking. Old players really did work hard for their items while the new players are getting 1-2 dls a day easily which is why everyone is rich and the game isn't really fun anymore.
    IGN: Law



    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

    "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

  9. #21
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    There really is no point in playing this game once you reach the 10+bgl point and like I (along with hundreds of others) don't really enjoy playing this game and tbh, the old players made gt what it is today because you don't see someone called "coolboy39201" posting stuff on youtube/instagram. Growtopia's first mistake was banning Wicker10 (along with like 20+ players who had over 20-30k followers each) Wicker10 really did help Gt grow + help/motivate other players. I'm not saying It is a bad game, but like they've added too many items that made the game WAYYYYY TOO EASY for everyone (for ex: magplants/rayman= UNNECESSARY items). Before, people would actually call their friends and farm together while now you'd see one guy owning 10 bfg worlds and getting around 7dls+ a day doing nothing but stocking. Old players really did work hard for their items while the new players are getting 1-2 dls a day easily which is why everyone is rich and the game isn't really fun anymore.
    Wicker10 got banned for breaking one of the most critical rules of Growtopia, keeping him around would've only encouraged account selling.
    Besides, he had no interest in the game anymore, even if he wasn't banned, I don't think he would've made Growtopia videos anyway.

    Contact Me:

    Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

  10. #22
    Master Sorcerer Oldsock (IGN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Sock Drawer
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Mate Legendary items, especially the newer ones, have great designs and are strong status symbols.

    Hell, the only reason half the items get the attention they do is because of how much they cost.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

  11. #23
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    I can definitely see your point. Although, the great thing about Growtopia is that you can express yourself through your character. There are a lot of items in the game, I'm sure there are some items you REALLY like.

    Besides, if being rich feels unsatisfying, why not use your wealth to do something good for the community?

    Contact Me:

    Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

  12. #24
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,444

    Default

    alright, quoting from your argument (OP), you only took your own perspective and not letting the (approximately) 70-85% of the community getting flashy and cool items.

    you and maybe that 30% or even 5-10% rich player of the community just don't care about the most of the poor-mediocre players, did you know thousands of player are striving for their first 10dls in 3-6 years? oh no, no you can't blame them if you say they are being d•mb and noob, its their choice and they have rights to do that, but in developer & staff's perspective, you are all the same, even the noobs makes more money to dev than pros if you want to get deep into this, in their eyes, poor or rich, noob or pro is JUST THE SAME, they are players, lets take this for instance, you (pro) and me (noob) both are just the same, a player. Regardless if I only have a net worth of 10wl and you have 10.000dls + full legendary items + 200 magplants&raymans, we both are only players that play on ubisoft game, and nothing special, or we both are special, literally all the players except one of us break the rules, in that case, maybe our credit gonna be declined apart from others, i believe it (at least for me).

    if we talk about the items, ok what if i ask random scrub which one is the best of the followings :

    person 1 : using phoenix wing + golden air robinson + golden necklace + with no pants + golden t shirt + holding the little heavenly scythe,

    person 2 : using mercy wings + super squirt pants + space shoes/leaf board + death scarf/spirit guide + challenge crown/ phoenix crown/ghostking glory + focused eyes + scythe of the underworld + level 5 yellow ances + chaos corruption and doctor title

    person 3 : just another people with noob set and with super supporter + legendary title

    the random scrub will say the legend title are the best nonetheless how bad their set is, but what if we ask another mediocre players (not noobs ) about person 1 and 2 ? they will most likely choose 1 because they will see the value of the items, and not the cosmetics, so i can say your argument is irrelevant. Except if you ask a non growtopia players, they will absolutely choose person 2 cuz its cool and stuff.

    and if you whining about how rich players cannot getting any richer(bOred), welp. so what do u want? being a new developer's manager? oh cmon, how about C.E.O of ubisoft? maybe president of UN?

    i fully understand how aggressive human's ego is and if i remember correctly there's someone created a thread about how unlimited our demand of getting richer is, don't care how rich you are there's still a person called Jamew69, and dont care how rich 69 is, there's still moderators who could spawn davinci wing out of thin air, and no matter how magical mods is, there is a developer who can command their programmer to make an awesome new cool flashy items out of numbers.
    =IGN : Crausse=
    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
    Discord : Ryuu Kaname#5464


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •