Thread: New chat

Lesser Wizard

Default New chat

I've been playing Gt since like the end of 2014 (even tho I quitted 1-2 years) and I've never had a single issue with the chat system. I don't even know like I don't get it why would u even change the chat system when nobody really asked for it. I can't even tell who's messaging and who's talking to me and it's way more complicated than the old one. Like tell me what's better using this chat system. Idk like I can't really type or anything because this chat system is really absurd and pointless and nobody's happy about it
    IGN: Law

There have been a lot of requests for reverting to the old chat system. Here's what JamSandwich had to say about it.

Name:  jamsandwich.PNG
Views: 82
Size:  32.6 KB

And to be honest, I think this new chat system could be for the good. Sure, it's ridiculously buggy right now, but that's why we've got to report all issues we encounter with it, so they can make it better!
    We'll just have to be patient, and the trust the developers on this.

Oh, and here's the link to the thread where that quote is taken from: Click Here!

Contact Me:

See my thread on respect

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    There have been a lot of requests for reverting to the old chat system. Here's what JamSandwich had to say about it.

Name:  jamsandwich.PNG
Views: 82
Size:  32.6 KB

And to be honest, I think this new chat system could be for the good. Sure, it's ridiculously buggy right now, but that's why we've got to report all issues we encounter with it, so they can make it better!
    We'll just have to be patient, and the trust the developers on this.

Oh, and here's the link to the thread where that quote is taken from: Click Here!
    I honestly don't know why the developers are listening to new players feedback. I've been playing this game for almost 5 years and I've never had a single issue with this the chat system and nor did anyone request for a new one. THERE IS NO POINT IN CHANGING IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    I honestly don't know why the developers are listening to new players feedback. I've been playing this game for almost 5 years and I've never had a single issue with this the chat system and nor did anyone request for a new one. THERE IS NO POINT IN CHANGING IT.
    You're not the only old player giving feedback. Many of us here have been playing the game for years, but we all have our own opinions regarding different stuff. Besides, new players' voices are just as important as old players'.

I don't think change always requires someone asking for it. Sure, the old chat worked WAY better, and was really comfortable to look at. But don't forget that the new chat isn't all that old! What's it been, a couple weeks? There's still time for the development team to work on it.

BE. PATIENT.
    (a teensy bit of optimism wouldn't hurt either)

Contact Me:

See my thread on respect

Lesser Wizard

You're not the only old player giving feedback. Many of us here have been playing the game for years, but we all have our own opinions regarding different stuff. Besides, new players' voices are just as important as old players'.

I don't think change always requires someone asking for it. Sure, the old chat worked WAY better, and was really comfortable to look at. But don't forget that the new chat isn't all that old! What's it been, a couple weeks? There's still time for the development team to work on it.

BE. PATIENT.
    (a teensy bit of optimism wouldn't hurt either)
    The developers don't really care about old player's opinions and are making growtopia wayyyy too easy for everyone which is why It's becoming boring (for ex: magplants/rayman). Before, people would actually work hard/farm with their friends to obtain their goal. Now, you can easily find someone with 50-80dls and he's still lvl 20... Anyways, the chat did not really need to be changed when it's simply players communicating with each other (It doesn't have to be complicated because when I get around 30+messages at a time, I can't really tell the difference and It's so hard to go back and forth and talk to anyone).

The developers don't really care about old player's opinions and are making growtopia wayyyy too easy for everyone which is why It's becoming boring (for ex: magplants/rayman). Before, people would actually work hard/farm with their friends to obtain their goal. Now, you can easily find someone with 50-80dls and he's still lvl 20... Anyways, the chat did not really need to be changed when it's simply players communicating with each other (It doesn't have to be complicated because when I get around 30+messages at a time, I can't really tell the difference and It's so hard to go back and forth and talk to anyone).
    Instead of ranting about one issue, why not make a thread containing a list of things you feel should be changed, with possible solutions?

The issue I see most here, is that people complain about things, but don't deliver their view on HOW it should be fixed. Sure, you were pretty clear in this thread about what you think should be done, but it's obvious that they're not going to revert back to the old system. They've worked on this one, and will continue working on it.

Old players have been heard just as much as new players, I'm sure.

Also, if you're bored in Growtopia, try exploring parts of the game you haven't tried out yet! I'm sure there's a lot. This game is a sandbox, afterall, so let your creativity flow free, ite?

Contact Me:

See my thread on respect

Lesser Wizard

Instead of ranting about one issue, why not make a thread containing a list of things you feel should be changed, with possible solutions?

The issue I see most here, is that people complain about things, but don't deliver their view on HOW it should be fixed. Sure, you were pretty clear in this thread about what you think should be done, but it's obvious that they're not going to revert back to the old system. They've worked on this one, and will continue working on it.

Old players have been heard just as much as new players, I'm sure.

Also, if you're bored in Growtopia, try exploring parts of the game you haven't tried out yet! I'm sure there's a lot. This game is a sandbox, afterall, so let your creativity flow free, ite?
    Dude the chat system is supposed to be a chat box where players can type in things to communicate. I don't really understand why they changed it when it DOESNT need to get changed.

I honestly don't know why the developers are listening to new players feedback.
    Man. Players are players. You dont have to compare old or new one because no one really cares about it. Besides, w/o new players this game wouldn't be alive. I know you're going to say "the game is dead" but technically its not. Im not saying that they wont listen to old players feedback. OG players are the "back bone" of this game.

About the chat update, I disagree it at first but as time goes by I got used to the new colours. I love the tabs, especially the "Private" one that helps alot on during a flooded chat.

yes like skullifer said it's very buggy rn and it would be very appreciated if you report some bugs or give suggestion to the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude the chat system is supposed to be a chat box where players can type in things to communicate. I don't really understand why they changed it when it DOESNT need to get changed.
    I don't really see a point here, what do you mean by change? player can still communicate with other.

- - - Updated - - -

The developers don't really care about old player's opinions and are making growtopia wayyyy too easy for everyone which is why It's becoming boring (for ex: magplants/rayman).
    w/o updates the game would be boring aswell.
    I'm weird and everyone is weird

IGN : xWeird | Discord : xWeird#3325

SECRET SANTA 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

Yes, but a little enhancement is never bad. Once again, though it's in a bad state right now, it'll get better over time.

Contact Me:

See my thread on respect

My only iissueswith the new chat is that there isn't enough custom chanels, the second you leave a world the tab you're viewing resets to ALL and the text box is a bit laggy/causes fps issues when the buttons are visible.

Oh also too many things are grouped under system, for example I don't want picking up items grouped with global system messages that the server is restarting - this update is supposed to SEPARATE those.

Otherwise I love the update, it's a beautiful addition to the game and i am keen to see it improved.

- - - Updated - - -

They know the mistake with rayfist and magplant which is why they took steps to prevent more issues like those appearing. Low level players having DLs has to do with inflation - not the game being easy. Also a lot of old player's suggestions seem to get listened to; pretty much an entire day of PAW was devoted to TK's QoL suggestion thread thst a lot of us *older players* got on board with.

An example of the new chat being useful is in trade worlds where you are messaging someone but the world chat flies too fast to properly read the message.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    My only iissueswith the new chat is that there isn't enough custom chanels, the second you leave a world the tab you're viewing resets to ALL and the text box is a bit laggy/causes fps issues when the buttons are visible.

Oh also too many things are grouped under system, for example I don't want picking up items grouped with global system messages that the server is restarting - this update is supposed to SEPARATE those.

Otherwise I love the update, it's a beautiful addition to the game and i am keen to see it improved.

- - - Updated - - -

They know the mistake with rayfist and magplant which is why they took steps to prevent more issues like those appearing. Low level players having DLs has to do with inflation - not the game being easy. Also a lot of old player's suggestions seem to get listened to; pretty much an entire day of PAW was devoted to TK's QoL suggestion thread thst a lot of us *older players* got on board with.

An example of the new chat being useful is in trade worlds where you are messaging someone but the world chat flies too fast to properly read the message.
    Idk If there a lot of players (other than mods) who would have their messaged flood (except for really popular growtopia - 0.111% of gt?) but anyways, if it's just those 50 players that are actually being affected by this then idk what to say xd. I could easily keep the conversation with 7+ people at a time in buyghc