Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods, stop shortening the lifespan of this game!

Default Mods, stop shortening the lifespan of this game!

Ive wanted to make a thread on this for awhile but i kept procrastinating until i witnessed a ban before my very own eyes. Just earlier, someone got banned for making a racist joke. Yeah it was racist, but nontheless a joke. At first they took away his "voice" and then put a perma suspension on his account. Permanent ban, are you serious? Youre telling me people can scam lwiz left and right and get away from punishments but a joke like that would get perma suspension.

Let me start over and clarify: This game is inevitably dying as we all should identify and accept it. However, mods are quickening this process but hastily banning people. Recently a few famous players received perma bans, a few of them received their bans unreasonably but "support" apparently arent really supporting them. Look, even a content creator whos advertising this game and prolonging its lifespan had been banned. It really seems absurd! The mods who know this player well and are friends with him arent even brave enough to stand up for him. Sure people who break the rules are scum, but people who abandon even one friend are worse than scum -Obito.

I have a friend who is quitting soon for fear of being banned. Hes afraid that he'll wake up one day to know his years of hardwork and dedication to this game will be lost for something he did years ago. Old players one by one are starting to quit, quickening the death of this game.

Permanent bans are just harsh anymore. Theyre getting RIDICULOUS! I honestly do not know what the true intentions of mods are anymore but they should be stopped. Please go through some of these bans and make an announcement regarding bans as i would most definitely like to see some ACTUAL clarification from mods and not just evading threads about bans by just closing it or evading emails by saying "We will ignore further emails etc".

Lastly, please give the turtle mod a votw for his recent vid a week ago, it is top tier and the best growtopian youtube video ive ever watched. Whoever hasnt has to watch it as he truly speaks his heart and the state of this game. Any thoughts?
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

Working towards a bgl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

if you're so convinced that it's dying then don't bother about it?

once again they get permaban for a good reason but Ubisoft can't say why. if your friend is so scared of being banned,then clearly he/she did smth illegal to lol
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Im also dreading a reply from my favourite community manager has to say from this. She is the only reasonable person from ubisoft i know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    if you're so convinced that it's dying then don't bother about it?

once again they get permaban for a good reason but Ubisoft can't say why. if your friend is so scared of being banned,then clearly he/she did smth illegal to lol
    1. I do care for this game and hope it lasts really long.
    2. Thats not a good reason to be perma banned.
    3. Hes afraid of being unreasonably banned. Have you even been following the recent bans of some famous players?
    I despise hyprocrites

Working towards a bgl.

He shouldn't have done it in the first place
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

I do really think that a perma-ban for just a racist joke is really ubsurd. I remember seeing a mod (not saying who it was) making a joke about the mexican race the other day, but apparently it was okay because they said they were "just kidding". I admit, I love this game, but really the new mods just are, ew.
    Christmas is nearing, which means it's time for...

Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Click here to join!

Lesser Wizard

I've heard horror stories on instagram about how those canadian 2.0 mods pretty much don't investigate the person just say 'you are ban evading' or something and perma-ban the person (without investigating lmfao)

Also i'm scared of getting perma-banned like your friend even tho i haven't done anything wrong, i just don't trust their system which has banned hundreds of innocent growtopians.

Quote Originally Posted by CsnHacker View Post
    Have you even been following the recent bans of some famous players?
    lol you really think they got banned innocently
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Sure, it might be dying, but it'll never be truly dead until the servers go down, but thats besides the point, i don't think the mods are causing the death, it's the players themselves doing it, lets be honest, the majority of peoplr in gt aren't the greatest, in turn by showing that they are an unfriendly playerbase and they push potential new players away.
    IGN: Pentavus
    Level 60
    2015 player

Well,
    the possible reasons for someone quitting the game are vast and diverse.
    Someones friend getting unjustly banned, when he should've just been ductaped might cause his flock of friends to consider leaving with him.
    Then again, growtopia has a lot more serious issues than seemingly unjust bans. So at best this'd be the last push for some.

I myself am going to doubt that your friend was unfairly treated. If he is a serial offender and broadcasted the joke with ill intent, then its just for his account to be permanently suspended.

You don't know about the full details. I'm pretty sure that they didn’t just suspend him for swearing/making inappropriate jokes alone.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Just Follow The Rules Son
    Be Kind To Each Other

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    lol you really think they got banned innocently
    Are you saying youve never offended anyone or having done something bad? Youve never swore or said something racist ever in growtopia? Honestly i can tell so just by this reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    You don't know about the full details. I'm pretty sure that they didn’t just suspend him for swearing/making inappropriate jokes alone.
    In my thread, im pretty sure i said i witnessed it with my own eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chronel View Post
    Sure, it might be dying, but it'll never be truly dead until the servers go down, but thats besides the point, i don't think the mods are causing the death, it's the players themselves doing it, lets be honest, the majority of peoplr in gt aren't the greatest, in turn by showing that they are an unfriendly playerbase and they push potential new players away.
    The players cant be causing growtopia's death because the players make up growtopia. Also, dead game means little to no update.
    I despise hyprocrites

Working towards a bgl.

Are you saying youve never offended anyone or having done something bad? Youve never swore or said something racist ever in growtopia? Honestly i can tell so just by this reply.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The players cant be causing growtopia's death because the players make up growtopia. Also, dead game means little to no update.
    most people have sworn before, just that theyve never been caught doing it. also, those famous players did something wrong and had it dug up, theyre just abusing their fanbase by claiming innocence so that they have a chance of being unbanned (unlikely).
    Ariana of Legend (aariana_gt on instagram!)
    Level: 125

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But you still don't know the full details of the incident. The person may have messaged something like "aaa mod bad **** you or something like that.

Don't jump to conclusions here.

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

But you still don't know the full details of the incident. The person may have messaged something like "aaa mod bad **** you or something like that.

Don't jump to conclusions here.
    But he saw everything with his own eyes...
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    But he saw everything with his own eyes...
    He cannot see PRIVATE messages.

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

what if it was a public message

racist joke = bad
    bad= ban

- - - Updated - - -

you weren't there so it's bold of you to assume something

There are reasons behind these kind of bans, certainly breaking a rule won't lead players to a permanent ban, I've to agree some of your points, punishments towards the players are getting worsen, it's either the moderator weren't trained much and know how to settle with this kind of conflicts, the obvious reason is a ban, so these players won't infect the community with its toxicity, but a permanent ban is too much for them to handle, plus I've seen many ban evaders who are displeased to the reasons that they've been banned for, they seem to think that the moderators did not give them a heads up or even a warning, depending on how critical the rules that I've broken.

I already said this but the positive thing about banning these "punks" are to maintain a clean record for Growtopia, especially for new players, and to give fear to Growtopians what the moderators are capable off, and not joke things that's against the rules, just like real life, if you've broken a law in front of the police officer, surely not they would also joke with you, right?

We must see things in a different angle, but in conclusion the permanent bans are too hush, maybe it should be shorten or at least give them a warning about it, since I've been mini-modding for a couple days, warning drop game host to stop, they did, even broke everything that they've build and giving back the items that they scammed. (Half of the cooperate, another just gave me foreign language(s).)
    I, Growonos Giovanna, have a dream.
    Dreams:

Lesser Wizard

No matter how hard you try, there's nothing we can do, Ubisoft bought this game for one reason and one reason only.
    Money.

"There's daggers in men's smiles"