Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubisoft: Please Don't Rush In Choosing Moderators/Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    I know I have literally no say to this but I feel that by being experienced does not mean a guaranteed position for a Guardian/Moderator.

50-100 Guardians is a scary amount of them. Is it really realistic though, if you choose them professionally?

I feel that they're just choosing random experienced players without finding out their personality. SCARY.
    Hello,

Those numbers you are mentioning were more like an idea from couple of months ago, but it's obviously not something we would push out if the conditions are not met. The most important thing is to pick the best candidates and to ensure the quality before the quantity. We cannot discuss the system and the process of choosing the candidates for Guardian and/or Moderator position but we can confirm that we do not focus only on individuals who are experienced with the game, we are also making sure they are sound personalities that can work well within the team and are mature enough to deal with the pressure such a position can bring. As others also mentioned, we definitely do not choose helpers based on their race, religion and background but we will try to find players with knowledge of different languages which are hailing from different time zones, to make sure we can assist the community better.

We are grateful and thankful for all the thoughts you guys provided so far, it's great to see you all invested in this matter. The community is of utmost importance to us and when the time comes, we will make sure to choose the best possible candidates for the helper team.

It is indeed illegal. I remember when NekoRei mentioned it in a thread before. They can’t chooose Mods/Guardians based on race or religion, it’s just unjust and unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBoy View Post
    Is Indonesia a race or a religion? Something doesn't add up.
    As SeaBoy said, you're mixing up important details.
    Why would you just spout nonsense as if you're informed when you're not?

Employers have a valid interest in only employing employees that are living close by.
    It is statistically proven, that employees that have to travel long distances are more likely to quit the job, which would cost the company huge amounts of money.
    As for ubisoft: they have a valid interest in only employing those (again, community mods aren't employees, they're volunteers) that live in certain time-zones and speak english.
    Whether religion is a factor also depends on the kind of work done.
    Eg. a church can deny a muslim to work there as a priest.
    Religion can also be a reason for dismissal if eg. the work ethic contradicts the religious endeavours (eg. an employer wouldn't want his employee to preach about his religion to the customers)
    But then again, it depends on the responsible country and state.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    As SeaBoy said, you're mixing up important details.
    Why would you just spout nonsense as if you're informed when you're not?

Employers have a valid interest in only employing employees that are living close by.
    It is statistically proven, that employees that have to travel long distances are more likely to quit the job, which would cost the company huge amounts of money.
    As for ubisoft: they have a valid interest in only employing those (again, community mods aren't employees, they're volunteers) that live in certain time-zones and speak english.
    Whether religion is a factor also depends on the kind of work done.
    Eg. a church can deny a muslim to work there as a priest.
    Religion can also be a reason for dismissal if eg. the work ethic contradicts the religious endeavours (eg. an employer wouldn't want his employee to preach about his religion to the customers)
    But then again, it depends on the responsible country and state.
    Yes, my bad. I mixed up my thoughts. What I was trying to say was for the employees and not the in-game Mods/Guardians. Let's take a look once more on Vandaler's quote. "Yeah, recently they have been choosing mods etc from canada, and look what's happening with the game We do need someone from indo/ph as a mod not guardian." - So he's quote was rather confusing in a sense. No empathy needed. My bad, ok? Don't need to get so heated up, it's just a game that we are devoted in...

*Enough with this, stick to the thread topic if posting. Thanks...
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Smile Good job Ubisoft!

I'm personally pleasantly surprised that they are going to add so many moderators/guardians. We all know that the game is in desperate need of moderators, because of the scammers, hackers, toxic players, etc.
    Best news in Growtopia this year. THANK YOU Ubisoft!
    Hate/love growtopia? Why not leave a review in Play Store/App Store?

It seems many of you do have some concerns - I'll try and respond to as many of them as I can. I'll come back to this thread later on, so feel free to ask any more questions. The aim of this is to positively impact the game and community by having more staff, but we absolutely understand that this must be done right or it could have the opposite effect.

Although we will be more lenient when choosing Guardians, we will still be very strict. Note that it states we're really trying to hit that deadline. Rest assured, if it came to a point where we really couldn't find qualified candidates, we wouldn't hire some just because. The 50-100 Guardian aim by the end of the year isn't going to be happening. That's unrealistic, both from a finding candidates stand point, and also from a training standpoint. I can't say for sure, but it's likely that there will be batches of Guardians periodically in sizes similar to the first.

Ezzerio stating that it gives us more time to evaluate the candidate before promoting them doesn't mean we won't be doing that before they're chosen for Guardianship. We will. Thoroughly. All it means is that no future mods will be chosen outright, and any people we see as potential mod candidates will have to become a Guardian first, for us to see how they operate as a member of the staff team before considering them for the higher position.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasWeird View Post
    my question is are the 2.0 mods experienced in the game like have they played the game for a longgg time?
    Yeah. I've personally played for over 6 years; the rest of the 2.0 batch have played from times varying from 4-6 years, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasWeird View Post
    so wait mods can spawn items? SOG's is a joke too.
    No. Moderators cannot spawn items. That ability always has and always will lie solely with members of the support team.

For me, I believe that Moderators/Guardians should have ample time to get used to their status, as well as being trained and well-coached by experienced/senior Moderators, and not just leave them with unexplained guidelines, forcing them to do what they have been told to do.
    Moderators have extensive punishment guidelines to follow. Guardians don't have as extensive guidelines due to the limited nature of their abilities, but minor guidelines are still provided. They also have ways to easily contact members of the moderation team for times when they're unsure.

Yes, Guardians will be trained by elder members of the staff team.
    Last edited by Misthios; 11-24-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Yes, Guardians will be trained by elder members of the staff team.
    And...by the Canadians, the Abu Dhabi team...or the 2.0’s or let me make an unrealistic assumption...1.0’s? By which team is going to train them?

Let me be honest, wouldn’t it be the best if they get trained by the 1.0’s or you guys 2.0’s? You people are more experienced than the rest of the staff team. You people know the morals of the game better, you know how the game works, isn’t that why you guys are called Community Mods? I think so.
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    And...by the Canadians, the Abu Dhabi team...or the 2.0’s or let me make an unrealistic assumption...1.0’s? By which team is going to train them?

Let me be honest, wouldn’t it be the best if they get trained by the 1.0’s or you guys 2.0’s? You people are more experienced than the rest of the staff team. You people know the morals of the game better, you know how the game works, isn’t that why you guys are called Community Mods? I think so.
    +1
    Hey Misthios, from looking at Shadow’s vid, I don’t think the 1.0s trained the 2.0s... Is that true? This community looks as though it’s been really divided. I mean, you guys as Moderators, shouldn’t have such a huge gap with relationships within yourselfs.
    Last edited by Pokekid123; 11-25-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Typo
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Also, will the Guardians be “splitted up”? Guardians 1.0, Guardians 2.0. Really against this idea... haha

+1
    Hey Misthios, from looking at Shadow’s vid, I don’t think the 1.0s trained the 2.0s... Is that true? This community looks as though it’s been really divided. I mean, you guys as Moderators, shouldn’t have such a huge gap with relationships within yourselfs.

Also, will the Guardians be “splitted up”? Guardians 1.0, Guardians 2.0. Really against this idea... haha
    To answer your question - no, we were not specifically trained by the 1.0s. While this is true, it doesn't mean that we are totally separate entities. We are a single mod/staff team.
    Also, we are completely unaware what the plans will be in terms of guardians, but I think labeling a batch with a number isn't a horrible idea. They will be working together, again, as one team so the numbering should be meaningless.

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by doip View Post
    they should freely distribute curse and ban wands and just see what happens
    Oh god yes! Id have a field day with spammers! lol
    A very old growtopian.
    Level 125
    Legendary Completed: Title and Drag
    Still a noob
    Guild: duckies
    Insta: EiramXGT

Shops:
    Vendela