Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft: Please Don't Rush In Choosing Moderators/Guardians.

Default Ubisoft: Please Don't Rush In Choosing Moderators/Guardians.

Ok, I'll just dive straight in what I'm trying to convey.

This thread is deeply inspired by ShadowSURFER's recent video.

11 July 2019: "Fall Sneak Peek: Support and Community!" thread.
    - "Hiring another wave of mods, most likely around September (NekoRei and Kairos will update the Gazette and make announcements about it as we get closer)" - Ezzerio

14 November 2019: "Community Updates 2019 #2" thread.
    - "About the Guardians, we will hire new ones within 1 month (and we’re really going to try to hit that deadline ), so please keep checking the Gazette!" - Ezzerio

Stop trying to come up with unrealistic deadlines just to appease the community that you guys are actively searching and promoting players to become Moderators/Guardians. There's really nothing wrong, but it just seems to us that it is so rushed and not well thought out. For me, I believe that Moderators/Guardians should have ample time to get used to their status, as well as being trained and well-coached by experienced/senior Moderators, and not just leave them with unexplained guidelines, forcing them to do what they have been told to do.

14 November 2019: "Community Updates 2019 #2" thread.
    - "Therefore, for the process, we’ve decided that “Guardian” is now the entry point to the moderation team, which gives us more time to evaluate the impact of a person before granting them mod status." - Ezzerio

"gives us more time to evaluate the impact of a person" Really? I thought you guys should have already done that before even granting them the Guardian status. I know that the Guardians are a lesser form of a moderator, but still, I believe you guys should be professional in choosing the Guardians. I also am informed that when you guys are choosing Guardians, you are more lenient, which I guess it's reasonable and fair. 8 hours of cursing and silencing are still progress, therefore, I think that you should not close an eye whenever picking Guardians. This quote also echoes in my head that you guys just chose them based on how experienced they are and not really by their personality which is basically the core of any Guardian or Moderator.

Also, let's not forget @Hamumu's quote on being a moderator:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu
    We either think you are somebody suited to the job or not.
    I know I have literally no say to this but I feel that by being experienced does not mean a guaranteed position for a Guardian/Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei
    We will definitely get more than 50 guardians hopefully 100 by the end of this year.
    50-100 Guardians is a scary amount of them. Is it really realistic though, if you choose them professionally?

Thank you for taking the time to readddddddddd
    Last edited by Pokekid123; 11-23-2019 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Added in 50-100 Guardians issue.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Although I hate you a lot, I agree with this!

They really shouldn't announce when the Guardian Application beforehand, this ensures nobody is a fake. Nowadays every time you talk in forums, there's bound to be one or two mini-mods. What's the point? Do we really want these kind of people to be helping out with moderation? There's always an ulterior motive and it's not that safe.

They should find people who actually want to help out one another, those are the people that SHOULD get the role!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Although I hate you a lot, I agree with this!

They really shouldn't announce when the Guardian Application beforehand, this ensures nobody is a fake. Nowadays every time you talk in forums, there's bound to be one or two mini-mods. What's the point? Do we really want these kind of people to be helping out with moderation? There's always an ulterior motive and it's not that safe.

They should find people who actually want to help out one another, those are the people that SHOULD get the role!
    Although I hate you a lot too, I do agree. Spread love, not hate.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Couldn't have said this any better! I 100% agree with this. The newcomers to the staff team should absolutely be trained and get used to their role first. I honestly thought that the staff received some sort of staff handbook to further understand the role and the guidelines but it seems that they don't (just from speculation, may not be true). The punishments staff hand out are normally fine but I think having more consistency with the punishments is an essential thing to have within a team.

With more thought, in addition to the 50-100 guardians that are suppose to be added to the team somewhat scares me. Like you said, it does sound really unrealistic to manage such a large amount of staff. But if they choose the right people and train them well, it could work if they are chosen slowly and with consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Nowadays every time you talk in forums, there's bound to be one or two mini-mods
    I actually appreciate that those announcements influenced some of the forumers to sound more like mini-mods.

At least, this place is less toxic. LOL
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Whenman View Post
    Couldn't have said this any better! I 100% agree with this. The newcomers to the staff team should absolutely be trained and get used to their role first. I honestly thought that the staff received some sort of staff handbook to further understand the role and the guidelines but it seems that they don't (just from speculation). The punishments staff hand out are normally fine but I think having more consistency with the punishments is an essential thing to have within a team.

With more thought, in addition to the 50-100 guardians that are suppose to be added to the team somewhat scares me. Like you said, it does sound really unrealistic to manage such a large amount of staff. But if they choose the right and train them well, it could work.
    Yes. The 100 Guardians thingy ... I feel that they're just choosing random experienced players without finding out their personality. SCARY.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Yes. The 100 Guardians thingy ... I feel that they're just choosing random experienced players without finding out their personality. SCARY.
    Guardians can't really abuse their power too much as they don't have a lot of power

"There's daggers in men's smiles"

I can’t really speak like that because I’m not smart with words, but I really agree with you! Some mods are inexperienced and do things that cause big problems.
    ign:neotERIC
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/neotericgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

Goals:
    Rayman’s Fist: 0/4000wls
    Focused eyes: 9/100 Growtokens

visit powfartsv2 for stuff
    got scammed 8 more dls

I'm okay with guardians being promoted to moderators depending on their performance but..

50-100 guardians by the end of this year is absurd
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

Lesser Wizard

10-20 Game Guardians by the end of this year would be nice NOT 50-100.. that's just way too much for the game to handle.

honestly this thread is pointless... Like it doesnt make a diff of having more or less guardians or mods, if no bans that are deeply questioned by the community are going to be transparent even though its under “ubisoft terms if service” and the community just has a bad impression of the group as a whole though... Like to be honest, majority of the community in game dont even respect ubimods, or mods 2.0, apparent so by the amount of scams etc. going on, posts on social media like instagram and such. Like sure what so if banning someone is right, if you dont clear things up with the community and lose their support behind your backs? If the community doesnt support you, what makes you think the game will stay afloat? Like what? Pumping money from other Ubisoft titles to keep it afloat? Firing the flawed canadian team who cant even run support properly due to how bad they are at english?
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Quote Originally Posted by ezereal View Post
    honestly this thread is pointless... Like it doesnt make a diff of having more or less guardians or mods, if no bans that are deeply questioned by the community are going to be transparent even though its under “ubisoft terms if service” and the community just has a bad impression of the group as a whole though... Like to be honest, majority of the community in game dont even respect ubimods, or mods 2.0, apparent so by the amount of scams etc. going on, posts on social media like instagram and such. Like sure what so if banning someone is right, if you dont clear things up with the community and lose their support behind your backs? If the community doesnt support you, what makes you think the game will stay afloat? Like what? Pumping money from other Ubisoft titles to keep it afloat? Firing the flawed canadian team who cant even run support properly due to how bad they are at english?
    You misunderstood the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    You misunderstood the thread.
    I didn't, im just saying, it didn't matter how fast or slow guardians are chosen if the game can't fix the rep of the authority
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

they should freely distribute curse and ban wands and just see what happens

I don't think that 50-100 guardians is that far off long term.
    Maybe a bit far fetched for this year, but
    you have to consider that all these players would have good reasons not to abuse their powers as they would not only risk their guardianship but also a permanent suspension. Not to mention that the punishments issued by guardians themselves are probably never permanent.

Finding a larger number of qualified people also isn't all that hard. Just look at the persons behavior ingame, on the forum and various discord servers and youll very quickly get a good idea about him.
    Guardians don't have those crazy requirements that mods have. They don't need to be perfect role models, leading figures, company represantatives, highly literate, or available on schedules (correct me if I am wrong).
    I bet the devs already have a quite few in mind.

And lets be honest, 50+ guardians that punish spammers and scammers during their daily business would help the game a lot more than some occasional abuse would damage it.
    Last edited by DeLixx; 11-23-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doip View Post
    they should freely distribute curse and ban wands and just see what happens
    You have my upvote.
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post

50-100 guardians by the end of this year is absurd
    It not just absurd it just. People will make a bunch of accounts. But isn't Guardian a less powerful people rather than the moderators. I guess they can't do /spawnitem or /give. They can ban only a few days and before they ban that person there would be a short description saying that "This guy scammed someone" So the other powerful guardians/moderators will able to see and check if this is true or not. By checking the log ons
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN M4K3U

Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

And im pretty sure that none of those 100 guardians know indonesian
    this is boring
    Add me on discord
    holaloh#9553

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    It not just absurd it just. People will make a bunch of accounts. But isn't Guardian a less powerful people rather than the moderators. I guess they can't do /spawnitem or /give. They can ban only a few days and before they ban that person there would be a short description saying that "This guy scammed someone" So the other powerful guardians/moderators will able to see and check if this is true or not. By checking the log ons
    - What do you mean by People will make a bunch of accounts, do you mean alts can become Guardians? Well I think heck no, it's because they do a brief scan on a player.
    - They can't ban players. They only note players to be banned by the moderators.
    - Moderators can't check logs
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by holaloh View Post
    And im pretty sure that none of those 100 guardians know indonesian
    Yeah, recently they have been choosing mods etc from canada, and look what's happening with the game

We do need someone from indo/ph as a mod not guardian..