Thread: [Feedback] Roots Rebalanced!

Default [Feedback] Roots Rebalanced!

Name:  Roots-Rebalance-news_banner.jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  91.5 KB

Hello Growtopians!

As you could read here, a full rebalance of Roots on Mobile & PC has arrived! Try it out today and let us know what you think!

~ Ayame

Lesser Wizard

Do you have a list of changes?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by unusedname1 View Post
    ^ This is what I also want ^

I suggest adding the roots to daily quest/role quests: farmer/builder; doing so may balance roots' economy
    Hello

Would like to see this ^

As i tested with few Bountiful seeds on soil blocks, it's buffed really a lot. Like 10 Bountiful seed(40 Rarity) level 5(on soil blocks) gave me 1000gems in total, 100gems per soil block in 5 days. It's like getting 20 gems from 1 block per day.

However, i didn't understand the point of this update. It's same as farming but it's give more gems, xp and extra roots at the end. So, I find myself a; Why did you want to make roots better than normal farming while it's same as farming?

• In my opinion fishing still have a lot of potential to make it good as farming. Maybe when you fishing with new rod<Gem Rod(In the store for 5k gems)>, you will get gems per fish catch. Like 80lbs sandshark will give you 20-25gems. If you can balance it perfectly for each bait, people can fishing for hours with friends for getting gems. I will make a suggestion about it soon.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    As i tested with few Bountiful seeds on soil blocks, it's buffed really a lot. Like 10 Bountiful seed(40 Rarity) level 5(on soil blocks) gave me 1000gems in total, 100gems per soil block in 5 days. It's like getting 20 gems from 1 block per day.

However, i didn't understand the point of this update. It's same as farming but it's give more gems, xp and extra roots at the end. So, I find myself a; Why did you want to make roots better than normal farming while it's same as farming?

• In my opinion fishing still have a lot of potential to make it good as farming. Maybe when you fishing with new rod<Gem Rod(In the store for 5k gems)>, you will get gems per fish catch. Like 80lbs sandshark will give you 20-25gems. If you can balance it perfectly for each bait, people can fishing for hours with friends for getting gems. I will make a suggestion about it soon.
    Thank you for this informative reply. Which Bountiful block did you use?

As i understand, only amount of Gems from level 5 soil blocks rebalanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this informative reply. Which Bountiful block did you use?
    Bountiful Bamboo Ladder Seed.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Lesser Wizard

I used BEASTLY's Calculator to compare the gem outcome.
    Amount of trees: 200
    Rarity: 40
    Times farmed: 5
    Name:  47184B96-9B9A-4A37-B9E8-4E02C2485AFC.jpeg
Views: 356
Size:  118.5 KB

An excellent question. Roots shouldn't necessarily be straight-up better than regular farming in all situations. While exact values will vary from crop to crop, Roots should require greater investment and effort to produce greater rewards. If you consider yourself a long-term farmer, you should feel like you hit paydirt on this one.

Why provide a different farming option instead of creating a new gem/xp faucet in another system? Well, we saw a potential gameplay opportunity in farming we wanted to explore. We wanted to see if we could introduce a longer-term, more strategic approach to the activity, offering farmers a different way to find profits than the standard formula. Having multiple ways to play the same system isn't a bad thing, after all - it's a great strength and a testament to Growtopia's farming structure to be able to support different strategies and playstyles. The key, of course, is finding the right balance and investment/reward ratio to make it work without deprecating the current strategy.

This is why we took so long to review it before making a new balancing change - we wanted to make sure it was an informed decision, and we're about to find out if we got it right! Exciting!

Master Sorcerer RandomGrowtopiaChicken's Avatar

So basically, we are going to farm bountiful items for gems and exp only, not for roots?
    I find it quite confusing; the original idea was to get roots?
    Will we get more items makeable with roots? When will the come? Hopefully before the actual roots' prices start to drop massively.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    So basically, we are going to farm bountiful items for gems and exp only, not for roots?
    I find it quite confusing; the original idea was to get roots?
    Will we get more items makeable with roots? When will the come? Hopefully before the actual roots' prices start to drop massively.
    Same question.

New item? Gem rod

- - - Updated - - -

The pack is not good as ssp
    Because the 16 types of the seeds are farmable
    Why dont you make rsp pack

I look at lgrid as META before make me think how easy to make wls, now this. Im worried about future. Lowkey want to nerf this. Even though i buy some boutiful now. you know, "Adapt".

Edit: Nvm, i think its balanced. Just there some method that make this actually better.
    Last edited by TheSamsoed; 11-27-2019 at 11:20 PM.
    IGN : TheSamsoed (lv. 72)
    Worldlocks ≈ complicated, most invested to guild event, balloonwarz related item and start bountiful.

happiness is not when we have a lot of wealth but happiness is when we are grateful for wealth we already have.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Warfreak10 View Post
    New item? Gem rod

- - - Updated - - -

The pack is not good as ssp
    Because the 16 types of the seeds are farmable
    Why dont you make rsp pack
    Gem Rod? What does it do?

I think you'll get same amount of gems from root and usual farmable. Based on post in forum

2400 GT looming you'll get 145 (gems per tree) × 2400 = 385k
    2400 Lgrid you'll get 18k (in that post, need research some say 20k-22k) from harvest and 2400 (seed) × 3.65 (average block per tree) / 200 * 1.2k - 1.3k (gems drop per stack) = 52k ( i using flat 1.2k)
    (18k + 52k) * 5 (times farmed) = 350k<- lowest expectacy (390k if take highest expectacy)

Bountiful plus and minus
    + seed is expensive rn, so blue ances and buddy can laugh in rich.
    + get root, but i dont actually know how profit is this.
    + get more gems (?) Idk
    + perfecto delicioso gems from some method.
    - there no plat soil (lul)
    - want gems rn? Nope, maybe later your root is in 1st stage. Dont give "insta-gems" (dont ever reply this by saying just buy gems, some ppl dont afford that). <- some newbie actually seen this worse because the profit growth is updated every 5d (if farming 42 rarity)
    - doesn't get bonus from double gems drop
    - doesn't get bonus from CNY drop (?), if it does drop hidden riches i think CNY will drop too, IMO. (CMIIW)
    - seed is expensive

Also keep in mind seed and root will drop if bountiful become new meta (can be plus and minus)

in the post that i reference before. Its seems not so accurate because maybe he didn't farm lgrid so much.

•About gems rod
    There is already kind of food give you gems when fishing, profit? Big nope for this. Btw you can profit from training fish, but i agree if there a gems rod. Just add new variety of rod xd.

Gem Rod? What does it do.
    Nah bro, its just suggestion rn. (Just rn, i cant see future xd)
    Last edited by TheSamsoed; 11-28-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    IGN : TheSamsoed (lv. 72)
    Worldlocks ≈ complicated, most invested to guild event, balloonwarz related item and start bountiful.

happiness is not when we have a lot of wealth but happiness is when we are grateful for wealth we already have.

*** is a gem rod

I don’t see it in the store
    If you see me in game, say hi!
    IGN: Clips3

Goals:

Dragoscarf(Done!)
    Red Ances(Ongoing)

Whoa! Gem Rod, what a good opinion.
    That it what i want :3

Lesser Wizard

Are you guys planning to implement a useful item/consumable (made with Root Cuttings) to balance Roots' economy?