Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Nerf the Magplants

Default Please Nerf the Magplants

Magplants are one of the most game-breaking items in the game (or if not, the most), it drastically crashed the gem value and that is one reason why gems are so cheap in the game now.

One method I can think of that will still make Magplants useful is when gems are stacked, only gems will drop and when seeds/blocks are stacked only seeds/blocks will drop.

I really thought Magplants were very useful for farming because it could automatically pick up specific seeds/blocks/clothes for you and the thing I recommended was what came in my mind the first time I saw it because I was already thinking about it being too op and if it was not done then it could ruin the gem value and game currency.

I really hope this would be a real thing because I want the spirit of farming normally be brought back.

Edit: Ok I see the problem here, I didn't think my first suggestion properly and im sorry about that because you can just do a bigger area and farm it the normal way but I just thought of a bunch more so:

1.)Make it so that the Remote will not be accessible by guest players but only by the admins/owner and this also applies to when you place the magplant on a builders lock.

2.)When Guests are breaking either gems will only drop or blocks & seeds will only drop (idk, devs you decide on how this will work)

3.)Make it so that magplants are powerd by something BUT only when using the remote. Idk D Batteries?Nuclear Fuels? (this might be the dumbest but meh)

4.)Lastly, Limit the remote users. I mean come on, this is the simplest and you can't even do it?
    Either limit the amount of players able to use it for like 2-3 players, no need to remove/nerf the drop rates when a gem or seed/block is stacked.

Im just suggesting these because auto farmers are a thing + this single item broke gem values which made Ubisoft increase the amount of gems received when buying in-game, plus because of this, magplants wont be a thing on consoles which im both happy and sad about it.
    Last edited by Sombodi; 11-26-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest GT content out there

Yeah let's just make farming more tedious than it already is by removing the only convenience we have.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the amazing Mistrella, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Yeah let's just make farming more tedious than it already is by removing the only convenience we have.
    See, this is my point, people have become so lazy to the point that people have forgotten that the point of a game like growtopia is to "grind to win" no matter how hard it is.
    There is no fun in having everything easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    See, this is my point, people have become so lazy to the point that people have forgotten that the point of a game like growtopia is to "grind to win" no matter how hard it is.
    Your suggestion makes it even more overpowered. Lets say you get a crystal seed. Now you can keep placing them and get infnite seeds!
    Retired poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    Growtopia isn't a "Grind to Win" game. Growtopia is a game for social interactions, having fun, while also working on the side. Plus there is no way to "win" Growtopia, so you basically have no point.
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Your suggestion makes it even more overpowered. Lets say you get a crystal seed. Now you can keep placing them and get infnite seeds!
    I don't know if you actually understand but that is not how trees work plus what I meant was when breaking blocks, not magplats collecting items. Just make it so that when gems are stacked only gems will be dropped that way BFGs will be non profitable and will eventually make the gem value the same as when magplants were not yet a thing.

I see this as a win-win because if magplants were the cause of the economy being ruined then just nerf them plus Ubisoft won't be needing to remove em from the console versions.

Edit: To make it easier for you, drop rates for seeds/blocks are still present but if gems are stacked in that specific tile then those drop rates will be zero, it's just the same with when you do what you do in BFGs but without magplants.
    Last edited by Sombodi; 11-26-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesqwik View Post
    Growtopia isn't a "Grind to Win" game. Growtopia is a game for social interactions, having fun, while also working on the side. Plus there is no way to "win" Growtopia, so you basically have no point.
    You see, you just made your "point" pointless because you agreed on the fact that you still gotta work on something on this social game which is what most, if not, all MMO RPGs do. plus what I meant with "grind to win" is if you are lazy then you won't be able to progress faster than those who are actually dedicated playing the game because in the world of MMO RPGs there is no easy way to the top.

Banned

This will not be implemented, I can already assure you on that.

I think this is one of the worst ideas out in the suggestion box (that I have seen).
    BFGs are losing popularity already, since people can't monitor them all the time.

You're one salty loonie.
    IGN : HHH

Farms : 40
    Magplants : 15

Goals:
    Legendary Title : Not achieved
    Level 125 : Not achieved
    Doctor Title : Not achieved
    Bedrock Glitched World : MALPRACTICE (Fire Wand in Bedrock)

The economy has already adjusted. It would do more harm than good to change magplants now. Really, they just sped up the inevitable. Farmables were always inflating, but magplants made inflation more immediate. You could kind of consider it good, because now a farmable's price genuinely reflects the properties of the farmable and not how rare it is.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Banned

Better just nerf Rayman's Fist, as that just makes getting gems so easy

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    Better just nerf Rayman's Fist, as that just makes getting gems so easy
    Actually just nerf every single IOTM that broke the game's economy.

And if you make me choose which should be nerfed between Rayman or Mags, ill still choose both but ill be happier if mags were nerfed because without mags people with Rayman will only need to farm the same way as to how we used to but with the advantage of breaking blocks faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    BFGs are losing popularity already, since people can't monitor them all the time.
    It's not only BFGs, people that secretly auto-farm with magplants is also a problem.
    They could sell thousands of gems easily without manually breaking the farmables, and THAT is unfair.