Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Please Nerf the Magplants

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default Please Nerf the Magplants

    Magplants are one of the most game-breaking items in the game (or if not, the most), it drastically crashed the gem value and that is one reason why gems are so cheap in the game now.

    One method I can think of that will still make Magplants useful is when gems are stacked, only gems will drop and when seeds/blocks are stacked only seeds/blocks will drop.

    I really thought Magplants were very useful for farming because it could automatically pick up specific seeds/blocks/clothes for you and the thing I recommended was what came in my mind the first time I saw it because I was already thinking about it being too op and if it was not done then it could ruin the gem value and game currency.

    I really hope this would be a real thing because I want the spirit of farming normally be brought back.


    Edit: Ok I see the problem here, I didn't think my first suggestion properly and im sorry about that because you can just do a bigger area and farm it the normal way but I just thought of a bunch more so:

    1.)Make it so that the Remote will not be accessible by guest players but only by the admins/owner and this also applies to when you place the magplant on a builders lock.

    2.)When Guests are breaking either gems will only drop or blocks & seeds will only drop (idk, devs you decide on how this will work)

    3.)Make it so that magplants are powerd by something BUT only when using the remote. Idk D Batteries?Nuclear Fuels? (this might be the dumbest but meh)

    4.)Lastly, Limit the remote users. I mean come on, this is the simplest and you can't even do it?
    Either limit the amount of players able to use it for like 2-3 players, no need to remove/nerf the drop rates when a gem or seed/block is stacked.

    Im just suggesting these because auto farmers are a thing + this single item broke gem values which made Ubisoft increase the amount of gems received when buying in-game, plus because of this, magplants wont be a thing on consoles which im both happy and sad about it.
    Last edited by Sombodi; 11-26-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,947

    Default

    Yeah let's just make farming more tedious than it already is by removing the only convenience we have.

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

    Current avatar by Electrolava6, thank you!

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Yeah let's just make farming more tedious than it already is by removing the only convenience we have.
    See, this is my point, people have become so lazy to the point that people have forgotten that the point of a game like growtopia is to "grind to win" no matter how hard it is.
    There is no fun in having everything easy...
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    See, this is my point, people have become so lazy to the point that people have forgotten that the point of a game like growtopia is to "grind to win" no matter how hard it is.
    There is no fun in having everything easy...
    Your suggestion makes it even more overpowered. Lets say you get a crystal seed. Now you can keep placing them and get infnite seeds!
    Professional poster

    [Goals]
    ·Scam 100DL [REDACTED/100DL]
    ·Be alive [Never complete]
    ·Become the president of the US [Completed]

    Contact me:

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard Nesqwik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    OK, USA
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    See, this is my point, people have become so lazy to the point that people have forgotten that the point of a game like growtopia is to "grind to win" no matter how hard it is.
    There is no fun in having everything easy...
    Growtopia isn't a "Grind to Win" game. Growtopia is a game for social interactions, having fun, while also working on the side. Plus there is no way to "win" Growtopia, so you basically have no point.
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Your suggestion makes it even more overpowered. Lets say you get a crystal seed. Now you can keep placing them and get infnite seeds!
    I don't know if you actually understand but that is not how trees work plus what I meant was when breaking blocks, not magplats collecting items. Just make it so that when gems are stacked only gems will be dropped that way BFGs will be non profitable and will eventually make the gem value the same as when magplants were not yet a thing.

    I see this as a win-win because if magplants were the cause of the economy being ruined then just nerf them plus Ubisoft won't be needing to remove em from the console versions.

    Edit: To make it easier for you, drop rates for seeds/blocks are still present but if gems are stacked in that specific tile then those drop rates will be zero, it's just the same with when you do what you do in BFGs but without magplants.
    Last edited by Sombodi; 11-26-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesqwik View Post
    Growtopia isn't a "Grind to Win" game. Growtopia is a game for social interactions, having fun, while also working on the side. Plus there is no way to "win" Growtopia, so you basically have no point.
    You see, you just made your "point" pointless because you agreed on the fact that you still gotta work on something on this social game which is what most, if not, all MMO RPGs do. plus what I meant with "grind to win" is if you are lazy then you won't be able to progress faster than those who are actually dedicated playing the game because in the world of MMO RPGs there is no easy way to the top.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    This will not be implemented, I can already assure you on that.

    I think this is one of the worst ideas out in the suggestion box (that I have seen).
    BFGs are losing popularity already, since people can't monitor them all the time.
    IGN: Ephus


    Soviet leader (GL)
    Guild home in [SOVIETGUILDHOME]

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!


    Avatar made by: TheThingIs

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Oakum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Posts
    507

    Default

    You're one salty loonie.
    IGN : HHH

    Farms : 40
    Magplants : 15

    Goals:
    Legendary Title : Not achieved
    Level 125 : Not achieved
    Doctor Title : Not achieved
    Bedrock Glitched World : MALPRACTICE (Fire Wand in Bedrock)

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer ID: BEASTLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    The economy has already adjusted. It would do more harm than good to change magplants now. Really, they just sped up the inevitable. Farmables were always inflating, but magplants made inflation more immediate. You could kind of consider it good, because now a farmable's price genuinely reflects the properties of the farmable and not how rare it is.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

    Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Your Consciousness
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Better just nerf Rayman's Fist, as that just makes getting gems so easy

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    Better just nerf Rayman's Fist, as that just makes getting gems so easy
    Actually just nerf every single IOTM that broke the game's economy.

    And if you make me choose which should be nerfed between Rayman or Mags, ill still choose both but ill be happier if mags were nerfed because without mags people with Rayman will only need to farm the same way as to how we used to but with the advantage of breaking blocks faster.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    BFGs are losing popularity already, since people can't monitor them all the time.
    It's not only BFGs, people that secretly auto-farm with magplants is also a problem.
    They could sell thousands of gems easily without manually breaking the farmables, and THAT is unfair.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    The economy has already adjusted. It would do more harm than good to change magplants now. Really, they just sped up the inevitable. Farmables were always inflating, but magplants made inflation more immediate. You could kind of consider it good, because now a farmable's price genuinely reflects the properties of the farmable and not how rare it is.
    I was talking about the gem value and not the farmables value.
    but meh, the main problem with mags is the auto-farmers.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    no have
    Posts
    570

    Default henlo

    why
    do
    you
    make
    threads
    like
    this

    no, they were implemented into the game, and sure they are 'broken' (most people who say this can't afford one; but not all people can't)
    are you like jealous of bfg owners?
    didn't you want bfg on console? (correct me if I misinterpreted)
    no.
    its not like they haven't done the majority of the damage already,
    it would literally make magplants 'useless' (they still have some uses like planting seed but if the blocks don't drop gems its only good for planting)

    as said before bfgs have become more scarce than before, people don't have time or want to monitor their bfgs, so they are causing significantly less damage than like 6months ago, and now you decide that you want them nerfed.

    magplants and rayman are fine.
    why do you want to nerf them now? should've done this when they were introduced.
    "bUT gROWTOPiA is A GrINd tO wIN gAME.>>>>.
    if you really think that
    just grind to afford these items then

    growtopia really isn't grind to win

    people have different definitions of "winning" as there is no possible way to win
    maybe you think grinding is 'winning'
    others think socializing is 'winning' (the game was meant for this'
    people view wls as a necessity
    having mass sums of wls isn't something that people need, but yes if you grind for it you get it. Does that mean you 'won' growtopia?

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Cool050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    In my TrashCan
    Posts
    4,693

    Default

    Ah, here we go again

    Discord:CoolZ#8735


    "If you're eating chocolate, then chocolate is eating you."

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Warfreak10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    U cant afford that

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Yunichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    101

    Arrow

    Yes, but I dont really understand about
    Make it so that magplants are powerd by something BUT only when using the remote. Idk D Batteries?Nuclear Fuels?

    How that work?
    Maybe u can explain this

    Cause' when magplant powered using Nuclear Fuels, D Batteries, etc. That need extra Wls when we used it

    But, if ubisoft nerf the magplant like ur suggestion, i think the price will drop, cause' this need extra wls when we used it
    Am i right?

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer tatertots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    I was talking about the gem value and not the farmables value.
    but meh, the main problem with mags is the auto-farmers.
    If that’s your point, shouldn’t they crack down on auto farming instead? Why should they take away a tool that is the main source of income for a good amount of people?

    Punish the murderer, not the gun (if that makes any sense)
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard Illu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    International Space Station
    Posts
    222

    Default

    How about removing salty player from the game


    IGN: EuryX
    Double click the letter r






    Free BFG @ EURYBFG


    How to Advertise your World on a Silent World ?
    Click me and Read Here!

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ok boomer...
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Magplants are very expensive and getting two just for a bfg and not to mention enough seeds to make a decent profit.
    People already need to work hard to get to bfg owner status, think of it like this
    You world hard to get enough dls then you can own a bfg and then you can just coast along or work even harder to make more profit

    "There's daggers in men's smiles"


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •