Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reviving Growtopia Thread

Default Reviving Growtopia Thread

I know that a lot of us feel like Growtopia hasn't been doing very well lately. The player count is as low as it's ever been, and google trends shows that Growtopia currently has the lowest interest it has had over the past 5 years.

As a player who has played since early 2013 and has dedicated over 9000 hours on this game, it's pretty sad to watch my favourite game slowly losing interest by many players, and i'd be upset to see it the day where Ubisoft announce they will be shutting down the games servers due to not making enough money from IAP to keep the servers going.

Personally, I feel like Growtopia is in it's last few years if it keeps going down the same route it's on now. But hopefully, with some drastic changes, this game could be able to start gaining more players and being enjoyable again.

Here are some of my suggestions that I think could help Growtopia.

Don't keep us waiting forever
    When announcing future updates, please don't spread false hope. If you hype up the players by saying you will add things such as "PVE" and over a year later it isn't here yet, this will frustrate the players, and the hype will go. Instead, you could give an estimated time when you think it will come, and try to stick to the set date.

Add more expensive items to the game.
    Don't forget to add new items for the richer players too. One of the main reasons I used to grind this game so much was to complete my goals I set for myself. It has come to the point where the majority of players in the games goals are to become rich. I personally wish this wasn't the main goal for the game, although this is what it has become and there's no changing that. Once the rich players complete their goal of getting rich, they would most likely try to seek out new goals. A lot of these rich players now have up to 100 Blue Gem Locks, and at that point, they can buy any item in the game therefore they end up getting bored because there's nothing that they cannot do.
    I think it would be good to add new items which would make even the richest players have something to aim for. Perhaps an untradeable item from Locke which costs 100 Blue Gem Locks, which would also help a ton with the Diamond Lock inflation.

Advertise the game more
    Although I have seen some advertising, such as the YouTube sponsors, Snapchat adverts and YouTube adverts, I don't think they are very effective. The advertisements rarely get shown. I personally have never seen a Growtopia advertisement. and none of my friends have either. (they are probably only shown in certain countries and not often). Also, I think the trailer should be remade to show more of what Growtopia is about.

Consoles
    Growtopia has been on consoles for a while now, and still hasn't been very active. On the Xbox/Switch servers, there are usually 100 players or less online. I think the reason for this is the lack of advertisements, and I think the Growtopia logo also plays a part in this.

Change the Growtopia Logo
    The Growtopia logo has been the same ever since Growtopia was released. It's just a simple character with plain clothing. Nothing exciting. I personally have no problem with the logo, although I think when people are looking for new games to play, the Growtopia logo doesn't attract their attention or give them any details on what the game is about. Especially for consoles, since when they are browsing the free games, it usually just shows the logo for the game, and nothing else. I doubt out of all the console games logos, the Growtopia logo will say "pick me!"

Interacting with the community
    When Ubisoft first took over, I used to see WAYYY more replies on the forums, and them interacting with us in game. The staff are still replying to a lot of threads, although sometimes important topics go days without any replies. I do believe the staff are reading a lot more threads then they are replying too, but it would be good to let us know when you have read through a big thread more often.
    I think a few of the staff members think of "Communicating with the players more" means standing in a world and letting players take a selfie with them. This isn't what we want. If you are unsure on how to keep players entertained in worlds, you could play games such as "The first player to answer this question gets a pull/prize" or host quizzes etc more often. I've seen a staff member attempt to host a dice game without a pineapple guardian, and then everyone set fire to each other and it was a mess. They also then hosted a dice game a few days later during Halloween when there were ghost sharks, which was also a complete mess.

Updates
    I think the past few updates have only been exciting for the first few days, and then they start to die off. It's been a while since we have had a GAME CHANGING update, and I think it's about time we get one. The past 2 none event themed updates have only been revamps, roots revamp and mutant kitchen revamp. We need more updates which are enjoyable to EVERYONE. Mutant kitchen is aimed at people who enjoy cooking, whilst the roots update is aimed at the poorer players who want gems. I doubt people farm roots in order to get the blocks, considering how cheap the blocks are to buy. Please aim to make the majority of updates aimed at all players.

Reviving WOTDs
    For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated anymore. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. It would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would place it at the end of the parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store where players can spend their tokens on exclusive items. Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.

I've made a seperate thread for Reviving WOTDS which can be found here.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...31#post4144731

This thread is not supposed to be a rant. I'm just giving my opinion on how the game is now and what could be done to hopefully improve the game which I love.

Please feel free to leave any feedback, positive or negative!
    Last edited by Veteran; 11-30-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added "Reviving WOTDS"

well u forgot the most important thing. IMPROVE THEIR SUPPORT.

a lot of players getting banned without a reason and quit cuz support didnt respond to their email.

IGN: R4Z

vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

I agree on most stuff on this thread.
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

I agree, also adding a new anti-cheat system like "Easy Anti-Cheat" I have seen this one in quite some games, why not implement it here too!:D
    Goals:

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    Change the Growtopia Logo
    The Growtopia logo has been the same ever since Growtopia was released. It's just a simple character with plain clothing. Nothing exciting. I personally have no problem with the logo, although I think when people are looking for new games to play, the Growtopia logo doesn't attract their attention or give them any details on what the game is about. Especially for consoles, since when they are browsing the free games, it usually just shows the logo for the game, and nothing else. I doubt out of all the console games logos, the Growtopia logo will say "pick me!"
    JUST NO.

Interacting with the community
    When Ubisoft first took over, I used to see WAYYY more replies on the forums, and them interacting with us in game. The staff are still replying to a lot of threads, although sometimes important topics go days without any replies. I do believe the staff are reading a lot more threads then they are replying too, but it would be good to let us know when you have read through a big thread more often.
    I think a few of the staff members think of "Communicating with the players more" means standing in a world and letting players take a selfie with them. This isn't what we want. If you are unsure on how to keep players entertained in worlds, you could play games such as "The first player to answer this question gets a pull/prize" or host quizzes etc more often. I've seen a staff member attempt to host a dice game without a pineapple guardian, and then everyone set fire to each other and it was a mess. They also then hosted a dice game a few days later during Halloween when there were ghost sharks, which was also a complete mess.
    They are interacting with the community, the moderators are hosting games sometimes and are hanging out with players. Their events might be somewhat a mess but at least they're still trying to do something to interact with the community. You just don't see it.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Senke View Post
    I agree, also adding a new anti-cheat system like "Easy Anti-Cheat" I have seen this one in quite some games, why not implement it here too!
    It's hard to implement that on GT considering Proton SDK is an ancient game engine and I doubt that EAC won't work with P-SDK + EAC might cost a lot, so before everything, Ubisoft might want to rewrite GT on another engine before using EAC.
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    JUST NO.
    Thanks for the feedback. What makes you disagree with the idea of a new Growtopia logo? The current logo is a pixellated character with plain clothing. It doesn't show anything about what Growtopia is about.

Thanks for the feedback. What makes you disagree with the idea of a new Growtopia logo? The current logo is a pixellated character with plain clothing. It doesn't show anything about what Growtopia is about.
    It's iconic...

Nothing will ever be better than that.
    Anyways, check out my YT Channel, I make the crappiest content out there

They are interacting with the community, the moderators are hosting games sometimes and are hanging out with players. Their events might be somewhat a mess but at least they're still trying to do something to interact with the community. You just don't see it.
    The moderators are interacting with the community often, although I was referring to the staff. I do see them interacting with us at times, although I do think they could reply to more important threads alot sooner etc.

Bump

Bump

Tell me if the logo of Minecraft, Terraria or Pixel Worlds show anything what they are about

When the hell did logos become something you'd expect for someone to know what's in it?

- - - Updated - - -

The moderators are interacting with the community often, although I was referring to the staff. I do see them interacting with us at times, although I do think they could reply to more important threads alot sooner etc.
    Staff? Developers? Like? Starkos? UBIDEV?

They have other stuff to do for Growtopia lmfao

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tell me if the logo of Minecraft, Terraria or Pixel Worlds show anything what they are about

When the hell did logos become something you'd expect for someone to know what's in it?

- - - Updated - - -
    If you had never heard of Growtopia before, and you saw the current Growtopia logo in the store, what would make it attract your attention?

The title of the game isn't really explaining what the game is about, unlike "Minecraft" and "Pixel Worlds" which are self explanatory. Therefore, a person would have to read the description to see what the game is actually about before they will install it.

Most children will most likely not be interested in reading the games description, and will usually go by the logo of the game, and prehaps the screenshots or trailer.

That's why I think a new trailer is needed too.