Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reviving Growtopia Thread

I agree with most of them, though a new GT Logo would take a long time to get used to

Here are a few additions that came into my mind when reading;

Beta
    Everytime a new update comes out, we face a new game breaking bug/glitch. It's really irritating to have the servers down constantly, so I think players should be allowed to test out new stuff before the actual release of the update. It'd make the game way more satisfying to play.

Use of the suggestion box subforum
    Why is suggestion box only used for PAW? It makes no sense. There are so many brilliant ideas posted on there! I'm sure GT would feel like a much friendlier place, if the players are listened to even for update ideas, and not just for bugs.

HELL and punishments in general
    I won't go into detail in this post, but you should see Pokekid123's thread on it.

Contact Me:

Growtopia's biggest whale collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    I agree with most of them, though a new GT Logo would take a long time to get used to

Here are a few additions that came into my mind when reading;

Beta
    Everytime a new update comes out, we face a new game breaking bug/glitch. It's really irritating to have the servers down constantly, so I think players should be allowed to test out new stuff before the actual release of the update. It'd make the game way more satisfying to play.

Use of the suggestion box subforum
    Why is suggestion box only used for PAW? It makes no sense. There are so many brilliant ideas posted on there! I'm sure GT would feel like a much friendlier place, if the players are listened to even for update ideas, and not just for bugs.

HELL and punishments in general
    I won't go into detail in this post, but you should see Pokekid123's thread on it.
    Thanks for the feedback!

I like some of them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    I know that a lot of us feel like Growtopia hasn't been doing very well lately. The player count is as low as it's ever been, and google trends shows that Growtopia currently has the lowest interest it has had over the past 5 years.

As a player who has played since early 2013 and has dedicated over 9000 hours on this game, it's pretty sad to watch my favourite game slowly losing interest by many players, and i'd be upset to see it the day where Ubisoft announce they will be shutting down the games servers due to not making enough money from IAP to keep the servers going.

Personally, I feel like Growtopia is in it's last few years if it keeps going down the same route it's on now. But hopefully, with some drastic changes, this game could be able to start gaining more players and being enjoyable again.

Here are some of my suggestions that I think could help Growtopia.

Don't keep us waiting forever
    When announcing future updates, please don't spread false hope. If you hype up the players by saying you will add things such as "PVE" and over a year later it isn't here yet, this will frustrate the players, and the hype will go. Instead, you could give an estimated time when you think it will come, and try to stick to the set date.

Add more expensive items to the game.
    Don't forget to add new items for the richer players too. One of the main reasons I used to grind this game so much was to complete my goals I set for myself. It has come to the point where the majority of players in the games goals are to become rich. I personally wish this wasn't the main goal for the game, although this is what it has become and there's no changing that. Once the rich players complete their goal of getting rich, they would most likely try to seek out new goals. A lot of these rich players now have up to 100 Blue Gem Locks, and at that point, they can buy any item in the game therefore they end up getting bored because there's nothing that they cannot do.
    I think it would be good to add new items which would make even the richest players have something to aim for. Perhaps an untradeable item from Locke which costs 100 Blue Gem Locks, which would also help a ton with the Diamond Lock inflation.

Advertise the game more
    Although I have seen some advertising, such as the YouTube sponsors, Snapchat adverts and YouTube adverts, I don't think they are very effective. The advertisements rarely get shown. I personally have never seen a Growtopia advertisement. and none of my friends have either. (they are probably only shown in certain countries and not often). Also, I think the trailer should be remade to show more of what Growtopia is about.

Consoles
    Growtopia has been on consoles for a while now, and still hasn't been very active. On the Xbox/Switch servers, there are usually 100 players or less online. I think the reason for this is the lack of advertisements, and I think the Growtopia logo also plays a part in this.

Change the Growtopia Logo
    The Growtopia logo has been the same ever since Growtopia was released. It's just a simple character with plain clothing. Nothing exciting. I personally have no problem with the logo, although I think when people are looking for new games to play, the Growtopia logo doesn't attract their attention or give them any details on what the game is about. Especially for consoles, since when they are browsing the free games, it usually just shows the logo for the game, and nothing else. I doubt out of all the console games logos, the Growtopia logo will say "pick me!"

Interacting with the community
    When Ubisoft first took over, I used to see WAYYY more replies on the forums, and them interacting with us in game. The staff are still replying to a lot of threads, although sometimes important topics go days without any replies. I do believe the staff are reading a lot more threads then they are replying too, but it would be good to let us know when you have read through a big thread more often.
    I think a few of the staff members think of "Communicating with the players more" means standing in a world and letting players take a selfie with them. This isn't what we want. If you are unsure on how to keep players entertained in worlds, you could play games such as "The first player to answer this question gets a pull/prize" or host quizzes etc more often. I've seen a staff member attempt to host a dice game without a pineapple guardian, and then everyone set fire to each other and it was a mess. They also then hosted a dice game a few days later during Halloween when there were ghost sharks, which was also a complete mess.

Updates
    I think the past few updates have only been exciting for the first few days, and then they start to die off. It's been a while since we have had a GAME CHANGING update, and I think it's about time we get one. The past 2 none event themed updates have only been revamps, roots revamp and mutant kitchen revamp. We need more updates which are enjoyable to EVERYONE. Mutant kitchen is aimed at people who enjoy cooking, whilst the roots update is aimed at the poorer players who want gems. I doubt people farm roots in order to get the blocks, considering how cheap the blocks are to buy. Please aim to make the majority of updates aimed at all players.

Reviving WOTDs
    For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated anymore. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. It would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would place it at the end of the parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store where players can spend their tokens on exclusive items. Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.

I've made a seperate thread for Reviving WOTDS which can be found here.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...31#post4144731

This thread is not supposed to be a rant. I'm just giving my opinion on how the game is now and what could be done to hopefully improve the game which I love.

Please feel free to leave any feedback, positive or negative!
    The WOTD suggestion of yours is not bad, but there is just currently too many WOTD worlds for the staff to keep track and add tokens into daily. So I guess instead of completing any WOTD, the tokens would only the placed in the Latest WOTD world on that day.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Quote Originally Posted by MineDeath View Post
    The WOTD suggestion of yours is not bad, but there is just currently too many WOTD worlds for the staff to keep track and add tokens into daily. So I guess instead of completing any WOTD, the tokens would only the placed in the Latest WOTD world on that day.
    Yep, the WOTD Stone would only be placed in the upcoming WOTD worlds, and would only work in the current WOTD.

Note: Bad Grammar ugh sorry :/
    Basically this game almost reached its limit. New generation loves to play game that they can enjoys rather spending their time (days moth years) just to get a an item or being a rich knowing that one day they will eventually get scammed/ hacked.

Add more expensive items to the game.
    Don't forget to add new items for the richer players too. One of the main reasons I used to grind this game so much was to complete my goals I set for myself. It has come to the point where the majority of players in the games goals are to become rich. I personally wish this wasn't the main goal for the game, although this is what it has become and there's no changing that. Once the rich players complete their goal of getting rich, they would most likely try to seek out new goals. A lot of these rich players now have up to 100 Blue Gem Locks, and at that point, they can buy any item in the game therefore they end up getting bored because there's nothing that they cannot do.
    I think it would be good to add new items which would make even the richest players have something to aim for. Perhaps an untradeable item from Locke which costs 100 Blue Gem Locks, which would also help a ton with the Diamond Lock inflation.
    Lets see we know that we have 15% rich player 25% average player and 60% newbies/beginner. And you say to add more expensive items to the game for rich player. That would be a waste because this only benefit rich players. And beginners reaction would like *alright imma head out i dont want to play games that hard to obtain*.

Advertise the game more
    Although I have seen some advertising, such as the YouTube sponsors, Snapchat adverts and YouTube adverts, I don't think they are very effective. The advertisements rarely get shown. I personally have never seen a Growtopia advertisement. and none of my friends have either. (they are probably only shown in certain countries and not often). Also, I think the trailer should be remade to show more of what Growtopia is about.
    So advertise the games for a new player to play the game. New players also want some good stuff too right? Too bad that the problem is they cant afford it due to lack of money and ^^ added more expensive items. Advertise the game basically wasting your money because this game out of trend and this game focus making more wls and its not fun. aka Boring.

Consoles
    Growtopia has been on consoles for a while now, and still hasn't been very active. On the Xbox/Switch servers, there are usually 100 players or less online. I think the reason for this is the lack of advertisements, and I think the Growtopia logo also plays a part in this.
    Growtopian only cared for profit. The only reasons many players enjoys the game at the first day at consoles is just to lock rare worlds (A,BUY++ etc)

Change the Growtopia Logo
    The Growtopia logo has been the same ever since Growtopia was released. It's just a simple character with plain clothing. Nothing exciting. I personally have no problem with the logo, although I think when people are looking for new games to play, the Growtopia logo doesn't attract their attention or give them any details on what the game is about. Especially for consoles, since when they are browsing the free games, it usually just shows the logo for the game, and nothing else. I doubt out of all the console games logos, the Growtopia logo will say "pick me!"
    Dont forget the review. Growtopia got a bad review on Android games (play store) Changing the growtopia logo will just wasting time and effort for it.

Devs can add many new things such as daily login for beginners , rewards for leveling up and other good stuff. But the problem is this only benefit players that got over 50 alt account and auto farmer etc.

To devs/mods/staff
    Would appreciated if you can add mini games that gives you good rewards. (not carnival)
    + Better rewards for players that love to watch ads for gems
    + Packs for eg. 150000 gems for growtoken with megaphone , exclusive item for a cheap price.

Cover is not the book
    So open it up and take a look
    'Cause under the covers one discovers
    That the king may be a crook

For a cover is nice
    But a cover is not the book

What would also help is if there was better Growtopia content on YouTube and Twitch. I have not seen one single good Growtopian YouTuber at all. Every popular Growtopian YouTuber is the same carbon copy, here’s some examples of what I mean:

-They all use the same format for every video
    Clickbait title, most videos are 10 minutes for ad revenue, videos are filled with loads of ads, the topic stated in the video title isn’t talked about until the last 2 minutes of the video, every Growtopian YouTuber always states to “like, comment, and subscribe” to enter some crazy 50 DL giveaway (which they never announce a winner, or they use their friends or alternate accounts as winners to make people think they have a chance at winning), no entertainment, annoying “loud = funny” noises and “funny” memes, annoying music, and no personality

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY SINGLE GROWTOPIAN YOUTUBER ON YOUTUBE, IT IS JUST 97% OF ALL GROWTOPIAN YOUTUBERS THAT ARE CLONES OF EACH OTHER WITH ALL OF THE TRAITS ABOVE (GIVE OR TAKE)

And on Twitch there are no funny, entertaining creators. I’ve browsed for streams that might have good streamers, but there aren’t any. They’re all basically the same as each other as well

-There’s no variety when it comes to Growtopia on Twitch
    Boring, has no personality, is the same as every other Growtopian streamer, boring content (usually farming, talking with their friends in game, or afk), no face cam, barely talks or doesn’t talk at all, and no interaction with chat

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY SINGLE GROWTOPIAN STREAMER ON TWITCH, IT IS JUST 97% OF ALL GROWTOPIAN STREAMERS THAT ARE CLONES OF EACH OTHER WITH ALL OF THE TRAITS ABOVE (GIVE OR TAKE)

So again, I understand that not everyone can just start making YouTube content or start streaming on Twitch. But if Growtopia wants to see a revival, this has to be done in order to help Growtopia survive.

Pretty good thread. I especially agree about the game changing updates. We need something that changes or adds mechanics into game, and stuff like for example reviving WOTDS
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Yea I agree! Especially with advertising the game more. Look at pixel worlds for example, it advertises its game a lot and look how popular it’s becoming! The most important thing, I think atleast, is advertising.
    Level: 40/100 (Stopped Farming)
    Get Proto Dragon: 2 Achievements left.
    Get 50 Dls
    How much have I been scammed? Around 20 Dls RIP
    CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL FACETHEGAME GT (QUITTED MIGHT COME BACK)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton0202 View Post
    Pretty good thread. I especially agree about the game changing updates. We need something that changes or adds mechanics into game, and stuff like for example reviving WOTDS
    Thanks for the feedback!

Bump

Good post.
    Goals Needed to Complete

Have Phoenix Wings ~ 20% Complete
    Reach Level 125 ~ 40% Complete
    Own a bfg ~ 90% Complete
    Never trust anybody ~ Always Complete

Bump........

in like 10 days im gona open a world that is gona change gt ...
    im gona kill royal locked worlds . and im gona make trading of all items easy .

its gona be awesome .. u will see . just wait for it .

i alredy got support from many players ingame .

when i open i will put post on forum .