Thread: Ip Bans issue

Default Ip Bans issue

An ex-friend of mine who was permanently banned for breaking a few rule, one which saying some sexual contents. A few days later, i see him using an alternate account to play, adding on, saying that his ban was injustice and unfair. The thing is, he's ban evading right now and plus he was permanently banned, why can he still play? I thought permanent bans will also revoke their ip address from playing Growtopia. Is this a bug?

(Ban evaders should get ip banned too, as there won't be any reason for moderators to ban them even if they can come back and do more harm.)
    I, Growonos Giovanna, have a dream.
    Dreams:

there's this thing called "using a different IP"
    h

Banned

this is exactly why a /deviceban would be needed https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-For-Mods-quot

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    this is exactly why a /deviceban would be needed https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-For-Mods-quot
    there is a thing called virtual space apps
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

Master Sorcerer

ban evading really isn't that hard, widespread videos of methods to do so are circulated on youtube, all you'd need to do is search it up.

vpn + some virtual account app

for pc edit some registries in regedit (I think?) some more steps idk I'm not hacker expert

boom you have evaded device and ip ban!
    ip ban again? vpn !
    they should really try to fix this (idk how they would go about it because its really a problem in most games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragoon View Post
    idiotism at its finest.

virtual space means different device for the server and vpn means different ip address for the server

WHICH means when combined, the server thinks you are different person with different device

ban evading is too easy for people yet very big problem for most games including growtopia if ban system exists
    I don't have ideas to what to put on my signature, So here's a text meme

Quote Originally Posted by GrowSans View Post
    An ex-friend of mine who was permanently banned for breaking a few rule, one which saying some sexual contents. A few days later, i see him using an alternate account to play, adding on, saying that his ban was injustice and unfair. The thing is, he's ban evading right now and plus he was permanently banned, why can he still play? I thought permanent bans will also revoke their ip address from playing Growtopia. Is this a bug?

(Ban evaders should get ip banned too, as there won't be any reason for moderators to ban them even if they can come back and do more harm.)
    Based on what I've heard, using a diffrent device or location to play after being banned is definitely ban evading, and ban evading is no doubt illegal. Either way, I'm afraid this isn't exactly the right place to discuss about bans. To do that, you would have to contact the support team via email at http://growtopiagame.com. Good luck, and may the force be with you! .
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by GrowSans View Post

VPN and Virtual Space Apps: *exists*
    Main World: FROSTYBITE487
    GrowID: FrostByte487

This year goal:

Get 30 WLs (19/30) (THIS MIGHT BE OUTDATED)