View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good idea?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    10 90.91%
  • No. (Please explain why)

    1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: WOTD Tokens

  1. #1

    Default WOTD Tokens

    For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated as much as they used to be. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

    I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. There would be a "WOTD Stone" which would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would have to place it at the end of the WOTD parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. Players will get the WOTD token from touching the WOTD Stone. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store, called "WOTD Store" where players can spend their tokens on exclusive untradeable items.

    The WOTD tokens and the items bought from the WOTD store would have to be untradeable since hackers would sadly be able to complete the parkours.

    Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    WOTD owners can sell easy access to the WOTD Stone.
    IGN: CandleJack

  3. #3
    Lesser Knight GrowSans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A tiny fraction of space
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated as much as they used to be. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

    I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. There would be a "WOTD Stone" which would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would have to place it at the end of the WOTD parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. Players will get the WOTD token from touching the WOTD Stone. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store, called "WOTD Store" where players can spend their tokens on exclusive untradeable items.

    The WOTD tokens and the items bought from the WOTD store would have to be untradeable since hackers would sadly be able to complete the parkours.

    Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.

    A few flaws, hackers, alternate accounts, crashing the economy, the end.
    I, Growonos Giovanna, have a dream.
    Dreams:

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Arrivederci
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Now many people making wotd just for profit eh

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowSans View Post
    A few flaws, hackers, alternate accounts, crashing the economy, the end.
    The prizes will be untradeable. How would this crash the economy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimuoi View Post
    Now many people making wotd just for profit eh
    The WOTD winner would receive an UNTRADEABLE clothing item which cannot be sold. This will only motivate more people to build better WOTD's so they can get the exclusive untradeable item.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    WOTD owners can sell easy access to the WOTD Stone.
    People who win WOTD could also place vending machines or sell links in order to gain profit.

    Players abusing their WOTD for profit should get disqualified.

  6. #6

    Default

    Bump!


    Bump

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer jigjig420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    i dnt care when u started
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Please add this. it would be a nice feature to keep wotds alive.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer SnowBlizter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Cool idea. I don't really see how untradeables can go wrong. It's just extra work for moderators.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Change forum location bro
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    not all wotds are parkours tho?

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    not all wotds are parkours tho?
    99% of them are.
    Retired poster

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    not all wotds are parkours tho?
    If they aren't parkours, they could still be hidden somewhere around the world.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Lets add more stuff where parkour noobs can be left out. Yes, lets already change Growtopia name to Parkourtopia so ppl like me know that they need stay as away from that game as possible. Yes, i admit, i hate parkour. I really hate it.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •