Thread: The Rating worlds system and WOTDs

Exclamation The Rating worlds system and WOTDs

The rating system in Growtopia has honestly gone to ****. The rating system replaced the “have people stay in a world long enough and gain Growtokens”, because that system didn’t work either. The reason the Rating worlds system is so awful is because almost every rated world that is suggested in the menu screen in every category are worlds that don’t match the category, or they’re the time wasting parkour scams. I’m getting so bored with Growtopia because there is nothing new to do, and I’ve tried to find new worlds to go to by looking through the categories, but they’re all dog **** worlds that have no one in them. This is in fault because of the Rating worlds system. I don’t have any suggestions on how to fix, change, or improve it, so this might seem pointless, but something needs to be done. So if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.

WOTDs seem to be pretty pointless now. I understand that a lot of people want to win WOTD, so they make parkours, but a lot of the parkours are lazily built, thus resulting in sloppy WOTD winners. There also seems to be little reward to winning WOTD, just a trophy and some growtokens, if I’m not mistaken (correct me if I’m wrong). Also, after the first few hours of the WOTD, there is little to no activity in the world. I remember when WOTDs were filled with hundreds of people all day long because people were excited to play the WOTD. To fix this, there should be more rewards given to the WOTD winner to encourage more people to make better parkours. WOTDs should also be advertised more, perhaps have the world featured on the bottom of the menu screen so people can easily see it. There could also be an automated message every 30 minutes or so that advertises to check out the WOTD. I feel like there’s not as much passion and effort going into potential WOTD worlds anymore (I know that not every WOTD world is a parkour, but that’s what most of the WOTDs are). Again, if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII View Post
    The rating system in Growtopia has honestly gone to ****. The rating system replaced the “have people stay in a world long enough and gain Growtokens”, because that system didn’t work either. The reason the Rating worlds system is so awful is because almost every rated world that is suggested in the menu screen in every category are worlds that don’t match the category, or they’re the time wasting parkour scams. I’m getting so bored with Growtopia because there is nothing new to do, and I’ve tried to find new worlds to go to by looking through the categories, but they’re all dog **** worlds that have no one in them. This is in fault because of the Rating worlds system. I don’t have any suggestions on how to fix, change, or improve it, so this might seem pointless, but something needs to be done. So if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.

WOTDs seem to be pretty pointless now. I understand that a lot of people want to win WOTD, so they make parkours, but a lot of the parkours are lazily built, thus resulting in sloppy WOTD winners. There also seems to be little reward to winning WOTD, just a trophy and some growtokens, if I’m not mistaken (correct me if I’m wrong). Also, after the first few hours of the WOTD, there is little to no activity in the world. I remember when WOTDs were filled with hundreds of people all day long because people were excited to play the WOTD. To fix this, there should be more rewards given to the WOTD winner to encourage more people to make better parkours. WOTDs should also be advertised more, perhaps have the world featured on the bottom of the menu screen so people can easily see it. There could also be an automated message every 30 minutes or so that advertises to check out the WOTD. I feel like there’s not as much passion and effort going into potential WOTD worlds anymore (I know that not every WOTD world is a parkour, but that’s what most of the WOTDs are). Again, if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.
    "There also seems to be little reward to winning WOTD, just a trophy and some growtokens"
    The trophy is 35-40 Diamond locks. Isn't that plenty?
    IGN: Ephus

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    "There also seems to be little reward to winning WOTD, just a trophy and some growtokens"
    Sure it is, but I’ve never seen someone try to sell a WOTD trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII View Post
    Sure it is, but I’ve never seen someone try to sell a WOTD trophy.
    Demand for them is pretty high rn. It's easy to sell one for 30-35 DLs. Buyers are everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

They pretty much fixed the rating system thing by adding other means of obtaining growtokens. Then they didn't bother to remove it anymore. So I guess, I'm going to agree that it needs a revamp so it won't be a wasted feature. Same goes to the world classification.

- - - Updated - - -

What saddens me about WOTDs is the fact that all of them are parkours with pixel art.
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII
    The rating system in Growtopia has honestly gone to ****. The rating system replaced the “have people stay in a world long enough and gain Growtokens”, because that system didn’t work either. The reason the Rating worlds system is so awful is because almost every rated world that is suggested in the menu screen in every category are worlds that don’t match the category, or they’re the time wasting parkour scams.
    I could agree with you on this point. To be honest, I don't think this system is well maintained enough, I don't think they check any of the worlds listed on the screen. But sure to say, I've managed to pick out some time to play around/visit those worlds, and some of them are pretty decent.

I’m getting so bored with Growtopia because there is nothing new to do, and I’ve tried to find new worlds to go to by looking through the categories, but they’re all dog **** worlds that have no one in them. This is in fault because of the Rating worlds system. I don’t have any suggestions on how to fix, change, or improve it, so this might seem pointless, but something needs to be done. So if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.
    To be honest, the rating world system could be easily abused, but not as severe as some of the suggestions, such as, having "reputations" in Growtopia. There are literally so much more Staff compared to a year ago. If only the could take the time to spot-check those worlds, invisible, the Rating System will definitely improve.

WOTDs seem to be pretty pointless now. I understand that a lot of people want to win WOTD, so they make parkours, but a lot of the parkours are lazily built, thus resulting in sloppy WOTD winners. There also seems to be little reward to winning WOTD, just a trophy and some growtokens, if I’m not mistaken (correct me if I’m wrong).
    - An awesome trophy magically appears in your inventory
    - "WOTD Winner" is shown every time someone enters your world
    - Your world is added to the WOTD winner's list in-game: /top
    - 10 Growtokens
    - And above all! RESPECT!

Also, after the first few hours of the WOTD, there is little to no activity in the world. I remember when WOTDs were filled with hundreds of people all day long because people were excited to play the WOTD. To fix this, there should be more rewards given to the WOTD winner to encourage more people to make better parkours. WOTDs should also be advertised more, perhaps have the world featured on the bottom of the menu screen so people can easily see it. There could also be an automated message every 30 minutes or so that advertises to check out the WOTD. I feel like there’s not as much passion and effort going into potential WOTD worlds anymore (I know that not every WOTD world is a parkour, but that’s what most of the WOTDs are). Again, if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, say it in this thread.
    I hate to say this but Growtopians are mainly focus on making profit. Profit is basically there motivation for anything. However, I do agree with you, WOTDs are a major part of Growtopia's builder community, therefore, it deserves better, or much more stricter observations. Currently, it's NekoRei who's choosing the WOTDs (Correct me! ), I believe if they were to improve the standards of WOTDs, there should be more people judging the worlds. Maybe, they could even ask the playerbase here if they want to help, I could easily name a few good builders here.

"There should be more rewards"
    I strongly discourage this point. The rewards are enough, they are worth lots.

- Suggestion
    Why not stream on Growtopia Official Youtube Channel like once a week (choose the best out of the week), maybe the Community manager/other staffs could use a regular account to refrain from unintentionally showing Moderator powers and maybe communicate with players whilst playing the WOTD. This could make players a bit more hyped up and excited, because right now, there's really nothing to it...
    Maybe they could add like (Gameplay Of The Week!), hosted by them...
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Lesser Wizard

You are bored? Come to my shop world and buy things and help me profit
    IGN: JINYOUNG0922

Sound interesting I'm read all this later

My personal background is everything video games and anime.

ign: Rozaliyaaaaa not Rimuoi anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JINYOUNG0922 View Post
    You are bored? Come to my shop world and buy things and help me profit
    Its all in the mind games
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN M4K3U

Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

Free bump because of the accuracy.
    IGN : Elyxial
    Level : 83
    Visit my page for more informations...
    Goals :

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    The problem is the quality of worlds are diminishing. Many people want to win WOTD purely for the prize so that they can profit, and since the bar is pretty low to win WOTDs (looking at the recent WOTDs and the application thread, they're all average worlds). People don't put that much effort into WOTDs or do but their world just doesn't turn out great.

World building is a form of art. You don't see amateur/new artists winning contests with their first artwork.
    32 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

What if they add a pop up like when Seth did the sdb For example the pop up shows
    you feel bored? Come Play World Today!
    but this probably will annoying for some people

My personal background is everything video games and anime.

ign: Rozaliyaaaaa not Rimuoi anymore