Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: About people that are very negative about suggestions in the Suggestions Sub-forum...

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    180

    Default About people that are very negative about suggestions in the Suggestions Sub-forum...

    Stop...

    The only reason why people are suggesting Items/Mechanics/Changes is that they noticed something that isn't right and should be fixed or needs to be added for whatever reason it is.

    I suggested one about reputation systems, these are important and isn't supposed to be abused because of, one a lower reputation means people will more likely to ignore you and two, there are many ways to avoid it from being abused.

    There is not a single bad suggestion because it is only a suggestion and the devs know better.
    Plus most suggestions I saw were actually good but risky, good because it can stop scammers, CSN, auto-farmers, etc. Risky because it will change the meta or prices.

    And those "bad" suggestions you said? for me, they aren't bad because those suggestions aims for the good of GT and not for the bad.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    chjöp chjöp
    Unfortunately, you have to deal with it. If people notice that it can crash the economy, they wont like it. The economy is bad enough as it is.

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: @hey_im_eaglet

    Please ignore the vibes my avatar is giving off

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    chjöp chjöp
    Unfortunately, you have to deal with it. If people notice that it can crash the economy, they wont like it. The economy is bad enough as it is.
    As an oldie, I get what their point is but economy right now is just secondary, the main point of these suggestions is that people are losing interest in the game and a way to fix it is to rework on the game and mechanics, scams and cheaters are everywhere, and a good and simple way is the Rep system I suggested as it can be added into the game with the anti-cheat system, just rework it and voila. With that, you can ignore people that have low reps and avoid getting scammed.

    With the rebalances, those can be secondary because a game's economy will always change and no matter what you do it will eventually be useless at some point, so just have fun with it.
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Criticisms aren’t something bad. We criticise your point since we did not think that idea was valid or well-suited for Growtopia. I have mentioned my points clearly on your thread and will still continue adding more. We see huge flaws in it and it’s only right to point it out, instead of blindly following and not knowing what’s going on. WE ALL want Growtopia to fully blossom and reach it’s fullest potential. Criticisms aren’t something bad. You’re being quite negative here and it contradicts this thread.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown


  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Criticisms aren’t something bad. We criticise your point since we did not think that idea was valid or well-suited for Growtopia. I have mentioned my points clearly on your thread and will still continue adding more. We see huge flaws in it and it’s only right to point it out, instead of blindly following and not knowing what’s going on. WE ALL want Growtopia to fully blossom and reach it’s fullest potential. Criticisms aren’t something bad. You’re being quite negative here and it contradicts this thread.
    You criticize, others just say (including me sorry lol) "bad suggestion -1"

    Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: @hey_im_eaglet

    Please ignore the vibes my avatar is giving off

    Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,459

    Default

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some may not be as constructive as others, and some may not be rational. People can build onto suggestions and give their view on the suggestion, etc.

    The players can know best too as well since it is the game that they are playing, that's why the developers request feedback on everything. Bad suggestions can be determined on the weighing of pros vs cons.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Criticisms aren’t something bad. We criticise your point since we did not think that idea was valid or well-suited for Growtopia. I have mentioned my points clearly on your thread and will still continue adding more. We see huge flaws in it and it’s only right to point it out, instead of blindly following and not knowing what’s going on. WE ALL want Growtopia to fully blossom and reach it’s fullest potential. Criticisms aren’t something bad. You’re being quite negative here and it contradicts this thread.
    Criticisms are fine, the problem is pointing out every single flaw on a suggestion that a player suggested even if the player made reasonable ways on how to prevent it from being abused or it being not fit for GT.

    It's just really insulting because it's still an idea for a feature and not reality, only criticize when it is approved and then let the Devs will work it out.

    Plus IDK why you don't get the potential of having a rep system, It is useful for mods and players and will make players try to be nicer towards others, if they abuse it then mods can find them and ban them easily...
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi
    Criticisms are fine, the problem is pointing out every single flaw on a suggestion that a player suggested even if the player made reasonable ways on how to prevent it from being abused or it being not fit for GT.
    Like I've said, you're contradicting your point again. Pointing out every single flaw is criticism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi
    It's just really insulting because it's still an idea for a feature and not reality, only criticize when it is approved and then let the Devs will work it out.
    Why only criticize it when it's approved? Narcissistic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi
    Plus IDK why you don't get the potential of having a rep system, It is useful for mods and players and will make players try to be nicer towards others, if they abuse it then mods can find them and ban them easily...
    I just don't see potential in it. As Techy commented, everyone has rights to share their opinions on the matter. In my humble opinion, it is not useful for either party.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown


  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    And those "bad" suggestions you said? for me, they aren't bad because those suggestions aims for the good of GT and not for the bad.
    DL generator daily provider when?

    ok y'all the pics back

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer m456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Y u do dis
    Posts
    3,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    There is not a single bad suggestion
    Like "remove the drop button"? I mean, I understand why he suggested it, it's just a terrible solution for the problem.

    Signature v9.1


    Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    Like "remove the drop button"? I mean, I understand why he suggested it, it's just a terrible solution for the problem.
    Yeah, it is terrible but its one of the most effective ways to stop the scammers and if there are other solutions then the second best is don't let guest players drop in a world locked world which I have already mentioned before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    DL generator daily provider when?
    wdym?....
    CHJOP CHJOP

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombodi View Post
    wdym?....
    I've seen people in the past suggest a provider that would literally give you free WLs/DLs. If that's not a bad suggestion, then you must truly have a way of justifying everything.

    ok y'all the pics back

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    So you're telling me that I should be positive about someone who asks to make "legal casinos" or even "remove the drop button because "

    Hell yea I'm definitely doing this
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Prolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    It doesn't matter whether we 'approve' their ideas and suggestions or not, it all depends on the decision-making of developers (a.k.a. Ubisoft in this case?).
    Whether a suggestion is efficient/usable or not depends on them.

    I'm aware of people who disagree with those suggestions, but it wouldn't hurt to just ignore them instead.
    Yet, freedom of speech exists, and if they want to comment on something, let them do so. It's none of our concern.

    Honestly speaking, I don't even see the point of this thread.
    Do you actually think voicing out your opinion here would change other people's actions? I think not.
    IGN: Prolly
    ͏i'͏l͏l ͏g͏l͏a͏d͏l͏y ͏w͏i͏s͏h ͏y͏o͏u ͏h͏a͏p͏p͏i͏n͏e͏s͏s, ͏e͏v͏e͏n ͏i͏s ͏d͏o͏i͏n͏g ͏s͏o ͏g͏r͏a͏n͏t͏s ͏m͏͏e u͏n͏h͏a͏p͏p͏i͏n͏e͏s͏s.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer LyveWyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some may not be as constructive as others, and some may not be rational. People can build onto suggestions and give their view on the suggestion, etc.

    The players can know best too as well since it is the game that they are playing, that's why the developers request feedback on everything. Bad suggestions can be determined on the weighing of pros vs cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolly View Post
    It doesn't matter whether we 'approve' their ideas and suggestions or not, it all depends on the decision-making of developers (a.k.a. Ubisoft in this case?).
    Whether a suggestion is efficient/usable or not depends on them.

    I'm aware of people who disagree with those suggestions, but it wouldn't hurt to just ignore them instead.
    Yet, freedom of speech exists, and if they want to comment on something, let them do so. It's none of our concern.

    Honestly speaking, I don't even see the point of this thread.
    Do you actually think voicing out your opinion here would change other people's actions? I think not.
    ^^^^^

    Also, if I am being totally honest, we do not need a reputation system. A lot of the people who are in the sub-forum discussing suggestions generally have more than enough reason themselves to counter the suggestion. In this case especially, I can understand why people are arguing against the suggestion - it can be easily abused, provides no help to moderators as they base their punishments on reports, and can cause people to be improperly represented. Think of it from both perspectives actually, if somebody had a great rating, they can easily trick players into giving them their items because they have a "good rating". Similarly, somebody with a poor rating can still scam people or in fact be treated differently by players with the assumption that they are a bad person. I would also say that the last thing the devs want for this game is for people to be "rated". This is all assuming players even check ratings, and I can imagine right now with this game's demographic it would likely be misunderstood or just ignored as a whole. Either way, Growtopia does not have the community for a reputation system.
    So don't take it personally, but before making a big thread feeling attacked, consider it from multiple sides, because I would definitely say this would make the game worse as a whole. The best suggestions come from people who consider every dimension of the idea they're proposing.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Everybody has different opinions, it’s whatever that rocks their boat. Nothing can be done to manipulate their thinking.
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0566
    In-game: WiNwOoD
    May you have a pleasant day ahead

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Players in game would literally use the report feature against you if they don't like the price of what you're selling, heck, they would even /report your world if your vends are too expensive.

    Now, imagine adding a reputation system.

    You know we really appreciate your intention of trying to suggest something that would do good for the game and the community. And that's why other people even bothered to criticize your suggestion to point out flaws for its own improvement.

    Posting this thread won't really change the minds of those against your suggestion. And I think it would have been better if instead of denying those disagreements, you should have collectively place them together in to your original post and improve it.

    You should be thankful for those who points out the flaw or else you'll have no idea of what your suggestion is missing.

    Anyway, a better system with no rooms for abuse or whatsoever would have higher chances of getting considered and approved to the game.
    IGN: CandleJack

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •