View Poll Results: Revert the changes made?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, revert it.

38 71.70%
  • No, keep it as it is.

15 28.30%

Thread: Petition to make trophies year specific again.

Default Petition to make trophies year specific again.

The newest update included a feature removing the year from trophies such as balloon wars making the limited trophies now obtainable again. This sucks for the people who bought them to be limited collectables. Petition to revert this change ^^^
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

Personally I’m fine with make trophies not year specific. It ends up with a giant mess of way too many random one off used items that end up just taking up more space in the database, and makes them nearly impossible to collect.

Btw I own 4 mvp trophies and 2 cyber Monday tablets so don’t think I’m biased because I don’t own any.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

I'd suggest doing the same on WOTD trophies as well.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    I'd suggest doing the same on WOTD trophies as well.
    There's well enough WOTD trophies of each kind to be easily collectible and one new trophy a year won't take up a lot of space
    My pc got banned for no reason at all.
    To all my friends: It's been fun. Goodbye.
    I might still occasionally play on my phone but it's just not fun. The’re not making me unable to play, they’re making me not want to.

REVERT!!!!
    IGN: LostKings
    Level: 125
    Achievements: 140/161
    Legendary Items: 3

Great, now they just need to revert 2018/2019 WOTD trophies to Ultra Trophies 3000 and drop the yearly trophy system altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    "Theres", "gramer", "oblivion"
    What's wrong with "oblivion"?

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

The change was literally unnecessary. "More consistent" can be an excuse so that they do not want to change a few pixels for a number on each contest's trophy - literally who cares if theres many different trophies in the game? Once they're handed out you literally don't have to care about them anymore. Excuses of a "mess" is also what makes the game interesting in terms of collectibles - variants, choices, literally most games have that.

This is unfair to previous contest winners who kept their trophies they've won as they were told they'd never come back and they're a one time thing. Yes, granted many people may have already sold theirs it's still a choice just like selling the WOTDs, but this was just uncalled for.

Would've it hurted to LEAVE the older trophies as is and make new common ones, yearless, UNTRADEABLE instead?
    WOTDs can be made global again all they want as there is no difference whatsoever.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

My conclusion on this is partly undecided BUT I can contribute this discussion a bit.

In the end, the team most likely(not saying this is correct though) just wanted to save some space on the system...I don't they think they were too lazy to change a few pixels around and edit some infos. In addition to consistency.

Their reason of consistency IS valid. If you wanted to keep things year specific, why don't we also start numbering IOTMs by order of purchase....or Phoenix Wings numbered by time obtained(Like renaming every Phoenix Wing "Phoenix Wing #1" and "Phoenix Wing #452")? That is just stupid....(also don't counter this saying that THIS would take too much data in the system, lets say...theoretically, you had a choice to either have IOTM's obtained order and Phoenix item's obtaining order added with no burden to the system whatsoever....would you add that feature then?)

Still, TK69's argument is also valid...I am not going to research exactly what they said myself, but trusting him, he claims the admins claimed there won't be more of those 2018 trophies added to the game, and changing the prize by renaming it still is kinda a jerk move. They were technically right about not adding more "2018 Black Friday Trophies" or whatever, but they still changed the exclusive prize to a suckier less exclusive prize....

No matter what, though, a few things can be agreed upon. Removing the specified dates removes its "limited-ness". In addition, making it more limited will increase its price(like, c'mon, people would probably pay a good amount more diamond locks for "Phoenix Wings #1" than something like "Phoenix Wings #283". This just makes it harder/more annoying for buyers to buy what they want because it specifies the buyer's wants more in depth....this leads to a smaller market which, like I just said, makes it harder to buy something.

Conclusion:

If you add the dates back, the prices of each individual trojoie rises. This is good for sellers and bad for buyers. Some order(like order when something was obtained) is good, but if we start labling things like "Dirt Seed #923782"....it gets out of hand. To determine whether you should add the year number back, just answer this question.

Should trophies have order numbers?(also...maybe determine when/where numbering should stop[like numbering WOTD or VOTW trophies too])
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Conclusion:

If you add the dates back, the prices of each individual trojoie rises. This is good for sellers and bad for buyers. Some order(like order when something was obtained) is good, but if we start labling things like "Dirt Seed #923782"....it gets out of hand. To determine whether you should add the year number back, just answer this question.

Should trophies have order numbers?(also...maybe determine when/where numbering should stop[like numbering WOTD or VOTW trophies too])
    No one is asking for every individual dirt seed to have a number. People want a limited edition item to have the “limited” part of the name restored.

I think that items that were intended to have specific identifiers (like the balloon war trophies) should keep their identification (so trophies from 2017 will say that they are from 2017).

Items that weren’t really intended to have identification (such as a dirt seed) should not get specific information that might make it collectible.

In cases such as the WOTD or VOTD trophy, I think identification of year obtained is fine. Although the items didn’t originally have identification, it’s not an item that is particularly common (garnub_163 isn’t exactly going to get one soon) unlike a dirt seed.

"personal info (SSID, Debit card, real name, etc) here."
    Steam, if you want.
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585[/FONT]
    IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 91
    700,000 gems / 1,000,000
    🌹

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Why thread now is about grammer? it was is supposed to be trophys.
    I wanted to go back to the topic but these people keep correting my flawless grammar

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls