Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Improve the world 'HELL' & Rules (Discussion)

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,494

    Default Improve the world 'HELL' & Rules (Discussion)

    As part of trying to help make the community more civil and respectful, I believe by improving the world 'HELL' for cursed players will be a good start. It's alright if you do not agree with me, comment below, I want to know what you guys think too!

    Yes, 'HELL' is definitely not a place you would want to visit. Let's keep this an open forum, comment below if you think of any ideas. I'll take into consideration on every post and maybe make a compilation if it's needed.

    As you know from my other thread, I'm a very optimistic person, talk about the Growtopia community. Let's get this straight, we all want the community to improve in terms of behaviours and attitude.

    The world 'HELL' basically serves as a "Growtopia prison" but it looks like to me a "Growtopia toxic playhouse". You're letting "toxic" players get together and having fun in the world. I don't think 'HELL' is really very useful - as of what it seems to be. You basically have access to your items, access to dropping stuff, access to building in the world. What if players there are continuing to play drop games/trust tests there? Or having toxic chat talks? I doubt that any Moderator will re-check the worlds again and again. And once the timer stops, players can leave 'HELL', they will continue playing those kinds of illegal games.

    I know many of you - from my recent threads disagree with stressing the rules on players, saying that it will not get into their heads. Let's look at the bright side, I've seen this sentence in a thread before, kids are usually ignorant but more easier to teach. From my other threads, some forumers mentioned about Growtopia's demography, suggesting that the population was really almost all kids, kind of like a label to Growtopia already. However, I believe by stressing the rules in 'HELL' for the not-so-severe game-breakers, even if they are kids, that it could change their mentality and maybe make them better growtopians. I know it's easier said than done.

    So what kinds of transformation for 'HELL'?
    - Unaccess dropping items, placing items to avoid scams or illegal activity.
    - reiterate the rules. Upon entering 'HELL' /rules will automatically appear, signs of rules will be scattered everywhere!
    - Mute players to avoid toxic talks.

    RULES

    - Rules should cover different languages, so there will not be any language barriers.
    - Rules should be more clear and cohorent.
    e.g. Out of game buying/selling Growtopia accounts, items or worlds is not allowed and may result in ban. - Explain, since many growtopians are kids, explain. Elaborate further so that they could get an idea, could elaborate on different kinds of situations.
    - Add in pictures for what is illegal and legal. If this could be implemented it will be a game changer. - Visual is something the rules lack in my opinion. Some of the growtopians prefer visuals instead of words.
    - Could make a world, example: STOPDONTDROP. Doesn't need to be "Play To Win" kinda worlds...
    I know some of you guys think it'll need more than just a world and moderators, but I strongly believe it does impact the community in a way. Growtopians still remember the world although it has been created 5 years ago, they still go there to view/hang out/invite new players to know more about the dangers of drop games. There is an impact.

    Valid Community Suggestions:
    - Stop timer whenever player leaves 'HELL', let him/her have a fair punishment.
    - Rules provided there.
    - Private room, little area, claustrophobic.
    - Limit to 1 person/world, and not groups.

    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Pokekid123; 12-07-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added suggestions
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Suggestion 1: Make a impossible parkour in the world and put it so if they win, they get out.

    Suggestion 2: Just make it full of ads.. (has a high chance of actually happening cus ubisoft)

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Yunichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    101

    Post

    Yes, it right! World "HELL" is pretty useless and we need to make that world usefull for adding some rules like ur suggestion.
    It a good suggestion!
    The Sky is Happy~

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard CsnHacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Good idea! I sure hope someone whos somebody will see this.
    I despise hyprocrites

    IGN: Yokatta
    Main world: Killer8dk

    Playing growtopia and prepping for exams don't go well.
    Quitting this March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer anons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    It would be nice to have a new design of HELL + Rules should be provided there .
    #MALAYSIABOLEH

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard LBForce_GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Don't kidnap me pls
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Suggestion 1: Make a impossible parkour in the world and put it so if they win, they get out.

    Suggestion 2: Just make it full of ads.. (has a high chance of actually happening cus ubisoft)
    Or show the message : "You've been cursed. To un-curse yourself please pay the very smoll amount of 6.99$". It's ubisoft so why not

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Guys let’s stick with legit and serious conversations relating to thread topic here. Thanks.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Elyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBForce_GT View Post
    Or show the message : "You've been cursed. To un-curse yourself please pay the very smoll amount of 6.99$". It's ubisoft so why not
    This is Ubisoft, not EA

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Suggestion 1: Make a impossible parkour in the world and put it so if they win, they get out.

    Suggestion 2: Just make it full of ads.. (has a high chance of actually happening cus ubisoft)
    I kinda agree with both of them, but in the second one it should be some troll ADs (not real ADs)
    Quit this game already
    I am LightX, call me Light not Elyrion
    Discord: Light#6018
    Pet Rock Server : https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS

    We require Peace and Tranquility
    Come Join Secret Santa for another year of giving!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,307

    Default

    The current state of HELL was great for when Growtopia had only a small amount of players. Didn't Seth and/or Mike even cosplay the devil there every now and then?
    As you said, HELL's really a safe place for rule-breakers to not learn at all, but to keep doing what they did to get there.

    Thus, cursing is really not a punishment.

    HELL should probably be a private area, with a little room to move in. A cage would be cool. Only thing in there should be a list of rules, as you mentioned, available in as many languages as possible. We've got a big community, I'm sure translation would be no issue.

    Let's make curse an actual punishment.


    Here's another idea, unrelated to HELL;

    Duct Tape. Most players want it, they spam and harass mods in order to get taped. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but people want to get taped for the visual only.
    Instead of going "mffmfffmfmff" and having an actual tape over your mouth, the player should get the same message as they get when trying to speak in a royal locked world.
    The duct tape could be displayed next to the player's GrowID, just like their Balloon Warz team.

    Punishments really shouldn't feel like something you want. They should be punishments.

    Contact Me:

    Growtopia's biggest whale collection!

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Ideas for improving HELL :
    1. No one goes into the same world. Every player goes to a different instance of the world (e.g. HELL_12, HELL_47, etc.) In this world they can't communicate with anyone. Their contact list blocked, BCs and PMs are disabled.
    2. HELL is now just a short (not in height) world with a long corridor. The corridor is divided into multiple sections (each section is about 5 blocks long), each section divides the corridor into 3 small corridors, with them emerging and diverging again between sections.
    3. In every section, two of the three smaller corridors contains a "Halloween surprise" that would scare the living out of whoever passes it (could be some kind of jumpscare) and sends them back to the first section. This means that if you got trapped at section 14, you're going back to section 1. Location of the "jolly fun surprise" changes for every world instance. Now it's a proper hell!
    4. After passing the long corridor, the player is then brought into a central HELL world decorated red, where everyone else who passed through the literal hell would also end up at. The world is properly royal-locked, so that no one can do anything but communicate via. PMs. This would encourage players to pass the hell just to have some company.

    Alternatively, the curse countdown shouldn't start until they've passed the hell corridor.

    This type of punishment (if done correctly by devs) prevents future crimes not by forcing rules and codes into their brains (which is still useless anyway), but by scarring their life to develop a fear (a much more effective solution)

    This idea is taken from CrossCode's "Pumpkin Land Superfun" side-quest, which was not fun at all
    Last edited by Astigmatisme; 12-02-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    h

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    The current state of HELL was great for when Growtopia had only a small amount of players. Didn't Seth and/or Mike even cosplay the devil there every now and then?
    As you said, HELL's really a safe place for rule-breakers to not learn at all, but to keep doing what they did to get there.

    Thus, cursing is really not a punishment.

    HELL should probably be a private area, with a little room to move in. A cage would be cool. Only thing in there should be a list of rules, as you mentioned, available in as many languages as possible. We've got a big community, I'm sure translation would be no issue.

    Let's make curse an actual punishment.


    Here's another idea, unrelated to HELL;

    Duct Tape. Most players want it, they spam and harass mods in order to get taped. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but people want to get taped for the visual only.
    Instead of going "mffmfffmfmff" and having an actual tape over your mouth, the player should get the same message as they get when trying to speak in a royal locked world.
    The duct tape could be displayed next to the player's GrowID, just like their Balloon Warz team.

    Punishments really shouldn't feel like something you want. They should be punishments.
    There is already silenced option, without visible tape.

    And yes, HELL should be teaching world, not "lets have fun together" world. So what there could be? Tutorial! You can't get out, if you wont go through the whole world. And what world has in it? Questions and answers with pass doors. Questions are about the rules and answers are in that world too. So, this will teach them all about the rules. And if this can be done with multi language just like start world has guide doors, then even better. And if kids can't read, they stay in HELL few days and get auto out without completing the question and answers area.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Elyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    The Spaceship
    Posts
    4,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Ideas for improving HELL :
    1. No one goes into the same world. Every player goes to a different instance of the world (e.g. HELL_12, HELL_47, etc.) In this world they can't communicate with anyone. Their contact list blocked, BCs and PMs are disabled.
    2. HELL is now just a short (not in height) world with a long corridor. The corridor is divided into multiple sections (each section is about 5 blocks long), each section divides the corridor into 3 small corridors, with them emerging and diverging again between sections.
    3. In every section, two of the three smaller corridors contains a "Halloween surprise" that would scare the living out of whoever passes it (could be some kind of jumpscare) and sends them back to the first section. This means that if you got trapped at section 14, you're going back to section 1. Now it's a proper hell!
    4. After passing the long corridor, the player is then brought into a central HELL world decorated red, where everyone else who passed through the literal hell would also end up at. The world is properly royal-locked, so that no one can do anything but communicate via. PMs. This would encourage players to pass the hell just to have some company.

    This idea is taken from CrossCode's "Pumpkin Land Superfun" side-quest, which was not fun at all
    PLUS POINTS FOR THIS IDEA!
    Quit this game already
    I am LightX, call me Light not Elyrion
    Discord: Light#6018
    Pet Rock Server : https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS

    We require Peace and Tranquility
    Come Join Secret Santa for another year of giving!

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,049

    Default

    idk would be cool if they build a prison and showcase a bunch of rules in that world and the players can't actually do anything besides chatting
    IGN : Liquify


  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard Sombodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Playing Growtopia 2
    Posts
    228

    Default

    I think a good idea is when they are on the world HELL, Devs should make them frustrated, like make them answer math questions every 10 seconds and after answering force them to read the rules and whenever they are done they are forced to answer again and the loop goes on and on, and after when they are uncursed, let them answer 50 more math questions so that they will learn their lessons and never participate in illegal activities, this can also be applied with bans but with 100 math questions.

    Hope this adds to this topic, it's very simple.....
    Resting from GT for now, cya!

  15. #15
    Serf Grownymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Add new block called "Hell block" maybe?
    Then force them to break specific amount of hell blocks

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    As you said, HELL's really a safe place for rule-breakers to not learn at all, but to keep doing what they did to get there.

    Thus, cursing is really not a punishment.

    HELL should probably be a private area, with a little room to move in. A cage would be cool. Only thing in there should be a list of rules, as you mentioned, available in as many languages as possible. We've got a big community, I'm sure translation would be no issue.

    Let's make curse an actual punishment.
    Agree with this.


    From the other posts, I don’t think it’s practical to even say “complete a difficult parkour/break evil blocks to exit ‘HELL’. I don’t think it’s practical as those are actually not legit punishments.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Arrivederci
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Suggestion 1: Make a impossible parkour in the world and put it so if they win, they get out.
    Make 5diffrent world

    My personal background is everything video games and anime.





    Remember im boy..

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Bumpety bump
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  19. #19

    Default

    Make hell live up to it's name.

    I suggest that a cursed player must undergo a period of one hour in pure isolation. Ubisoft should revamp the world HELL to make it appear as a type of limbo, plain, empty and disturbing.

    Also I think having the timer only progress whenever the player is moving is a great punishment, as well as restarting the timer if a player disconnects or closes the app.

    It's like one of those torture chambers in those ministries where they leave a criminal or defect in a white room with no entertainment whatsoever.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    Also I think having the timer only progress whenever the player is moving is a great punishment, as well as restarting the timer if a player disconnects or closes the app.

    It's like one of those torture chambers in those ministries where they leave a criminal or defect in a white room with no entertainment whatsoever.
    Or maybe stop the timer when the player leaves the game. Lol! +1
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •