Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Casinos

  1. #1

    Exclamation Casinos

    What are your plans, moderators, to fix the obvious increase in casino warp worlds and casino worlds? Are you only relying on the players to report the worlds, or do you have a plan to decrease or completely get rid of casino warp worlds and casino worlds?

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Shadowgraalera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    JAMMED!
    Posts
    967

    Default

    They've been "working on it" for the past few years yet nothing has been done yet. I don't think they'll ever be able to end casino worlds.
    PC/Mobile IGN: ShadowGraal
    Discord: SGE1#6261
    Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
    Legendary Dragon Owner
    Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    They've been "working on it" for the past few years yet nothing has been done yet. I don't think they'll ever be able to end casino worlds.
    It's impossible to get rid of every single casino. But, it is possible to decrease the amount of them.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII View Post
    What are your plans, moderators, to fix the obvious increase in casino warp worlds and casino worlds? Are you only relying on the players to report the worlds, or do you have a plan to decrease or completely get rid of casino warp worlds and casino worlds?
    It ain't easy, but not impossible to create a system that scans a world everyday or so to see if it contains the classic casino block layout. Although there are still ways in which players could create casino related worlds, this mechanism would still lower the current amount quite drastically.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII View Post
    What are your plans, moderators, to fix the obvious increase in casino warp worlds and casino worlds? Are you only relying on the players to report the worlds, or do you have a plan to decrease or completely get rid of casino warp worlds and casino worlds?
    Most best but controversial way is to just remove the roulette wheel's random number generator mechanic. I mean, just get rid of it. A majority of casino worlds uses the roulette wheel for their bidding and betting so tackling it would create a decrease in casinos in Growtopia.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    Most best but controversial way is to just remove the roulette wheel's random number generator mechanic. I mean, just get rid of it. A majority of casino worlds uses the roulette wheel for their bidding and betting so tackling it would create a decrease in casinos in Growtopia.
    There is a multitude of ways that casinos use RNG elements of GT to bet. Removing roulette wheels would just be a mild inconvenience.
    32 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

    Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    There is a multitude of ways that casinos use RNG elements of GT to bet. Removing roulette wheels would just be a mild inconvenience.
    I understand they could just use other RNGs but I don't quite understand the inconvenience of removing the Roulette Wheel's RNG. The fact that it is their one stop-go-to when gambling should not be ignored. I don't think people would trust RNG outside of GT in fear of being scammed or lied to.

    Edit: Nevermind what I said above, I reread your comment. This is the block-drop system right?
    Last edited by JicinIsInvalid; 11-30-2019 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Adding a paragraph

  8. #8

    Default

    It's very easy. Just remove the Roulette wheel item from the game. Already the sole purpose of roulette wheel farms is to sell them to people who want to build the casino world. This stuff is useless in the game, it will only increase the number of people playing in the casino. Probably after the item leaves the game I'm sure they'il try to play with dice. We'il never stop them. xD

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    I understand they could just use other RNGs but I don't quite understand the inconvenience of removing the Roulette Wheel's RNG. The fact that it is their one stop-go-to when gambling should not be ignored. I don't think people would trust RNG outside of GT in fear of being scammed or lied to.

    Edit: Nevermind what I said above, I reread your comment. This is the block-drop system right?
    There are many ways - anything that is RNG that can be easily replicated by the player at will can be used in casinos for betting. One of them is literally gem drops which cannot be removed whatsoever.
    32 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

    Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    We should use the power of shame to eliminate these casinos.

    For example, at the gazette, we should put the name of these casino owners/players along with other wrongdoers with really bad titles, such as :

    Code:
    For today's criminals :
    - Person1 - The Drop Game Crapper
    (He hosts drop games)
    - Person2 - Sir Micropenis Gambler
    (He does casino)
    - Person3 - Botty McPerson3, The Stupid Botboy
    (He uses bots)
    - Person4 - The Homo Password Kinky Boy
    (He steals accounts)
    etc, etc.
    (Note that only big criminals should be shamed this way, otherwise there'd be too many - the smaller ones can wait)

    that way all these people will be shamed out by the good growtopians (turns out there's a lot) and be forced out of the game by the constant shameless PMs and BCs.

    Other criminals will be forced out as well.
    h

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    We should use the power of shame to eliminate these casinos.

    For example, at the gazette, we should put the name of these casino owners/players along with other wrongdoers with really bad titles, such as :

    Code:
    For today's criminals :
    - Person1 - The Drop Game Crapper
    (He hosts drop games)
    - Person2 - Sir Micropenis Gambler
    (He does casino)
    - Person3 - Botty McPerson3, The Stupid Botboy
    (He uses bots)
    - Person4 - The Homo Password Kinky Boy
    (He steals accounts)
    etc, etc.
    (Note that only big criminals should be shamed this way, otherwise there'd be too many - the smaller ones can wait)

    that way all these people will be shamed out by the good growtopians (turns out there's a lot) and be forced out of the game by the constant shameless PMs and BCs.

    Other criminals will be forced out as well.
    There are hundreds of people playing and hosting casinos. For the first few days this change is enacted, the gazette literally will become a list. Imagine the amount of space it would take up.

    Besides, on the Internet there is no shame for these types of people. They could take off one mask and fit another one on. They can do anything unless they are people who think and feel regret for their actions.

    There must be another but much more effective way in decreasing casinos in Growtopia.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    There are hundreds of people playing and hosting casinos. For the first few days this change is enacted, the gazette literally will become a list. Imagine the amount of space it would take up.

    Besides, on the Internet there is no shame for these types of people. They could take off one mask and fit another one on. They can do anything unless they are people who think and feel regret for their actions.

    There must be another but much more effective way in decreasing casinos in Growtopia.
    Perhaps...

    You know how most casinos uses chance blocks? Let's ignore the other gambling types for now and focus on the three items used commonly on casinos :
    - Roulette Wheel
    - Roshambo blocks
    - Dice blocks

    These blocks are purely RNG blocks, giving out a completely random sequence of numbers or results every time. What if, instead, they're not random?

    *vsauce music*

    Look, what if these blocks follow a pre-determined pattern? These are not in rising or falling order, but pseudo-random sequence.

    For example, Dice blocks could follow a pattern of 5-2-1-3-6-4-3-4-1-5-6-2, and it keeps looping every time you use it.

    Yes, this would kill off those "try not to die" games with 6 chambers or stuff like that, but people will look for another game, so it's mostly fine.

    What matters here is that IF those three blocks uses a pre-determined pattern, most players would not play casinos anymore.

    Sooner or later (within some few weeks or a month) people will find out about these patters, and players won't play casinos anymore, because it's no longer luck-based.

    We can deal with the other dirt breaking shenanigans later when we're done with the big boys.
    h

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Perhaps...

    You know how most casinos uses chance blocks? Let's ignore the other gambling types for now and focus on the three items used commonly on casinos :
    - Roulette Wheel
    - Roshambo blocks
    - Dice blocks

    These blocks are purely RNG blocks, giving out a completely random sequence of numbers or results every time. What if, instead, they're not random?

    *vsauce music*

    Look, what if these blocks follow a pre-determined pattern? These are not in rising or falling order, but pseudo-random sequence.

    For example, Dice blocks could follow a pattern of 5-2-1-3-6-4-3-4-1-5-6-2, and it keeps looping every time you use it.

    Yes, this would kill off those "try not to die" games with 6 chambers or stuff like that, but people will look for another game, so it's mostly fine.

    What matters here is that IF those three blocks uses a pre-determined pattern, most players would not play casinos anymore.

    Sooner or later (within some few weeks or a month) people will find out about these patters, and players won't play casinos anymore, because it's no longer luck-based.

    We can deal with the other dirt breaking shenanigans later when we're done with the big boys.
    This is a brilliant suggestion. I don't think the majority would mind since Dice Games are pretty much forgotten and since when do people use Roshambos for minigames. I think this might be the best solution.

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Prolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    If people are gullible enough to get lulled into casinos/any other betting games, or, in this case, knowingly refusing to abide by rules due to greed, so be it.

    And, it is simply not possible for ALL casino worlds to be moderated and removed, manpower is sufficient, yet what's lacking is time for these.

    All problematic issues seem equally unappealing, but priorities has to be made, and certainly casinos aren't the most harmful issues here?

    The problem is with players - not only hosts, but also the people who decide to take part in casinos (this also applies to every other activity out there).

    If no one is willing to take part in such activities, hassles can be saved and this problem wouldn't even arise.

    How hard is it to create another account to host/take part in casinos after being punished anyway?

    No matter how hard the moderators/developers try, this issue isn't going to be resolved quick.
    IGN: Prolly
    ͏I'͏l͏l ͏g͏l͏a͏d͏l͏y ͏w͏i͏s͏h ͏y͏o͏u ͏h͏a͏p͏p͏i͏n͏e͏s͏s, ͏e͏v͏e͏n ͏i͏s ͏d͏o͏i͏n͏g ͏s͏o ͏g͏r͏a͏n͏t͏s ͏m͏͏e u͏n͏h͏a͏p͏p͏i͏n͏e͏s͏s.


  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Or, instead of banning casinos left and right, what if we mentally destroy the player's and casino owner's minds by trolling them?

    The average moderator would just ban casino hosts and the world without much hesitation. This is not only is an extremely boring and tedious manual labor, but also too simple of a punishment for big houses.

    What if, instead of just banning them, we break them?

    My example here, is that when a moderator founds a casino world, he inputs a command that would troll the world. For example, it could make roulette wheels only spin 0, dice blocks gets 7 all the time, make blocks unbreakable and dropped items unobtainable, etc., and all of it is silent (the troll starts after a random time interval after the moderator types the command (e.g. 10 to 30 minutes), and no one would get a pre-warning of any sort).

    This command not only trolls the world unapologetically, but also locks the world. Similar to the world HELL, players inside the world cannot leave, and outsiders cannot enter, the world is effectively locked and jammed

    The command then nukes the world after a random set of interval (1-3x24 hours), permanently suspending the owner and co-owner, and 60-day ban to everyone else.

    This punishment not only is fun to the moderators, but can also psychologically destroy the casino owners, allowing them to develop a strong fear after getting their worlds trolled one-by-one. Eventually, these people will be so mentally disrupt, that they will give up on casinos entirely, being put off from illegal schemes, and sometimes even leading them to voluntarily leaving Growtopia, effectively suspending them, whilst leaving a permanent mental scar that will most likely prevent them from returning back.

    It's a great idea
    h

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Or, instead of banning casinos left and right, what if we mentally destroy the player's and casino owner's minds by trolling them?

    The average moderator would just ban casino hosts and the world without much hesitation. This is not only is an extremely boring and tedious manual labor, but also too simple of a punishment for big houses.

    What if, instead of just banning them, we break them?

    My example here, is that when a moderator founds a casino world, he inputs a command that would troll the world. For example, it could make roulette wheels only spin 0, dice blocks gets 7 all the time, make blocks unbreakable and dropped items unobtainable, etc., and all of it is silent (the troll starts after a random time interval after the moderator types the command (e.g. 10 to 30 minutes), and no one would get a pre-warning of any sort).

    This command not only trolls the world unapologetically, but also locks the world. Similar to the world HELL, players inside the world cannot leave, and outsiders cannot enter, the world is effectively locked and jammed

    The command then nukes the world after a random set of interval (1-3x24 hours), permanently suspending the owner and co-owner, and 60-day ban to everyone else.

    This punishment not only is fun to the moderators, but can also psychologically destroy the casino owners, allowing them to develop a strong fear after getting their worlds trolled one-by-one. Eventually, these people will be so mentally disrupt, that they will give up on casinos entirely, being put off from illegal schemes, and sometimes even leading them to voluntarily leaving Growtopia, effectively suspending them, whilst leaving a permanent mental scar that will most likely prevent them from returning back.

    It's a great idea

    PLUS +
    1-Destroying all of the hoster's/owner's world lock save/stash and permanently suspending all of their alt/main accounts, this process would destroy the team owner's/hoster's mentality. Checking through logs, facebook posts that casino owners do and researching them quite deeply could lead into the absolute destruction for the casino worlds in growtopia.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Or, instead of banning casinos left and right, what if we mentally destroy the player's and casino owner's minds by trolling them?

    The average moderator would just ban casino hosts and the world without much hesitation. This is not only is an extremely boring and tedious manual labor, but also too simple of a punishment for big houses.

    What if, instead of just banning them, we break them?

    My example here, is that when a moderator founds a casino world, he inputs a command that would troll the world. For example, it could make roulette wheels only spin 0, dice blocks gets 7 all the time, make blocks unbreakable and dropped items unobtainable, etc., and all of it is silent (the troll starts after a random time interval after the moderator types the command (e.g. 10 to 30 minutes), and no one would get a pre-warning of any sort).

    This command not only trolls the world unapologetically, but also locks the world. Similar to the world HELL, players inside the world cannot leave, and outsiders cannot enter, the world is effectively locked and jammed

    The command then nukes the world after a random set of interval (1-3x24 hours), permanently suspending the owner and co-owner, and 60-day ban to everyone else.

    This punishment not only is fun to the moderators, but can also psychologically destroy the casino owners, allowing them to develop a strong fear after getting their worlds trolled one-by-one. Eventually, these people will be so mentally disrupt, that they will give up on casinos entirely, being put off from illegal schemes, and sometimes even leading them to voluntarily leaving Growtopia, effectively suspending them, whilst leaving a permanent mental scar that will most likely prevent them from returning back.

    It's a great idea
    This is very innovative and creative. The issue and problem about this is that some casinos are often hidden, allowing only selected amounts of people to join. Dp ypu have any suggestions on how to tackle these types of casinos?

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    This is very innovative and creative. The issue and problem about this is that some casinos are often hidden, allowing only selected amounts of people to join. Do you have any suggestions on how to tackle these types of casinos?
    Some game veterans confirmed to be clean can be a white hat for the team. Stuff won't change for them, they'd still hop through worlds, talk with random people, etc. (most veterans are not money-oriented anymore so they won't bother getting profits), except for them secretly gathering intelligence. These hidden casino recruiters i assume would only recruit rich and well-known people, so they can get recruited with ease. They can report these worlds instantly to moderators as a priority report, where the moderators can take it from there.

    The veteran reporter could get a small but unique prize after reporting a few hidden casinos. These prizes can be a cool outfit, small boosters (e.g. jump booster, walking speed booster, etc.), toggleable effects (e.g. menacing aura, special doge pet, rainbow name, etc.), and many others. Most veterans are only playing for the fun of it, so these pointless but fun prizes would absolutely suit them.
    h

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •