Thread: What are we saving for?

Default What are we saving for?

I'm currently experiencing a train of thought. When most of us join the game, our first priority is to get a World Lock. What interests me most is that, some of us never uses it.

What are we saving for?

I've rejoined as of recently and I've compiled a lot, but as a I glance through trade worlds and vend worlds, I never seem to get the old feeling of, "Oo, I want that" as often as before. Does anyone feel this way?

Sure I do somewhat have likings towards specific items but it's not as strong as before.

And could anyone explain why I am still saving World Locks? Sorry if I sound quite stupid here.
    Last edited by JicinIsInvalid; 12-03-2019 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Fixing typos and adding points

Lesser Wizard

Saving for new assets to increase my income.

Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    I'm currently experiencing a train of thought. When most of us join the game, our first priority is to get a World Lock. What interests me most is that, some of us never uses it.

What are we saving for?

I've rejoined as of recently and I've compiled a lot, but as a I glance through trade worlds and vend worlds, I never seem to get the old feeling of, "Oo, I want that" as often as before. Does anyone feel this way?

Sure I do somewhat have likings towards specific items but it's not as strong as before.

And could anyone explain why I am still saving World Locks? Sorry if I sound quite stupid here.
    Nowadays when you see items, it doesn't catch your eyes, cause you would see it commonly in the community. And if you desire of those legendary-tiered items, those cost a bomb. As since you just achieved a few world locks, the only thing you could do is just invest on something that interest you, that rewards you with more, but you've to trade it with your time. For example, farming.

Or like me, i just use those wls to buy items that could potential help me in anyway, like a Rayman's Fist, for farming & Spleef.

Or Raptor Legs, for additional speed.
    I, Growonos Giovanna, have a dream.
    Dreams:

goals?

we'll of course if you have achieve all your goals in growtopia theres no need to save up some wls anymore unless you want to

after that.. just do stupid stuff and enjoy the game
    I'm yet to be weird, same goes to others.

IGN : xWeird | Discord : Weird#3325

"An idot growtopian with weird dreams!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

I saved up for a while but recently, i wasted a lot.

I experienced wolf world, have fun in balloon warz, building world with my friends, tried to open bfg and much more.

I felt really satisfied.

IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v

We save to spend. My spending spree has burned up over 90dls in the last 8 months.

But now, a few lucky events have turned the spending spree into a profit.
    IGN: Ephus

Soviet leader (GL)
    Guild home in [SOVIETGUILDHOME]

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

I daresay the main point of the game Should be building.
    So when I'm copying songs, or building random houses, I go around and be like, "Oooh that's kinda nice, let's see how it fits" and poosh, there goes my wls, and hello to a nice house
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

The only reason i even want wls in the first place is so i can build parkour worlds. If building worlds was free i would literally just drop away every single wl i ever gained since i dont need it in the slightest
    hi all
    Youtube lol (please click)

Increasing this number by 1 every day until the music block lagspike glitch is fixed: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    The only reason i even want wls in the first place is so i can build parkour worlds. If building worlds was free i would literally just drop away every single wl i ever gained since i dont need it in the slightest
    A creative mode would be my absolute dream in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Current avatar by Electrolava6, thank you!

Lesser Wizard

*sigh*
    I have 2dls...

For a good trip to ... Tanzania! 2 weeks of traveling is gonna be about 3k $ (prices got from here, didn't find any cheaper). My colleague was there last summer, also via this travel agency. Saw his insta, the trip was completely breathtaking!
    Last edited by Winnisius; 12-24-2019 at 07:32 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by IWasWeird View Post
    goals?

we'll of course if you have achieve all your goals in growtopia theres no need to save up some wls anymore unless you want to

after that.. just do stupid stuff and enjoy the game
    Yeah if there’s nothing to do left for you just go around having fun with your stuff, from experience I can say it gives a nice feeling

What are we saving for?

I've been playing the game to engage with the community, I really never love farming. I do enjoy more the parkours, riddles, and quizzes.

Roaming around looking for quality worlds, the one's who pure-heartedly put all their efforts building it not for money nor fame, but they only want to give happiness and entertainment to Growtopians.
    Connecting Virtually Destroys Reality

Make Sure To Visit Our World

Password: GROWTOPIA

to flex to your friends (jk)

but tbh, growtopia is massive sandbox game so you can do almost anything as you please but almost everything requires wls
    Just a weird forumer

~Insert more non-sense content here~

Discord: Felixcesar15#8880

Join forumers united

Growtopia's a great game for giving the player an opportunity to express themselves in ways that I don't think many other games have. You don't need to always save up for a specific item!
    You can build a world, host minigames, do a giveaway or a contest.. etc. etc. There are a lot of things to use your world locks on.
    Finding something original's a challenge, but not an impossibility, for sure!

Contact Me:

Growtopia's biggest whale collection!

I'm actually split between multiple projects. I'm not as active as I used to be after taking a year break, so progress is slow. I'm working on a 5th ATM farm. I'm working on a provider farm. Has some rows of cows and chickens and science stations. Want to add coffee makers, tackles and awkward friendly unicorns. Just spliced coffee makers. Other providers are expensive and I don't make wls like I used to.

Also want to build a nice home world for social activities. After all that I want to work on my guild.

I used to save up for my ultimate goal which was getting The Heavenly Scythe, but then when I got it it just felt like... nothing? So I sold it again and I am currently wasting a lot of WLs in building. It's satisfying to just buy any block I want with my DLs without thinking of "what if it runs out?? Time to keep them and never buy anything!" I'm currently half-way to spending all my DLs actually, I had around 60 DLs after I sold my Heavenly Scythe. Building is not as WL-draining as everyone thinks it might be, IMO.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this picture... I hope.

IGN: ElectroDream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 24

What are we saving for?

I deffinitly agree, i do not know why items doesn't satisfy me anymore. I also recently rejoined this game and everytime i buy something i automaticlly sell it like 5 minutes after because, i don't know i don't want it.

I guess i am trying to save for Rayman or something special like magplants.
    IGN : Tourner
    Level: 66
    World : RealTourner
    Visit my page for more informations...
    Goals :

im trying to finish sponsoring and to then pay back my debt of 100 dls

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    im trying to finish sponsoring and to then pay back my debt of 100 dls
    Damn boi, debt of 100 dls gg
    IGN : Tourner
    Level: 66
    World : RealTourner