Thread: Public Trading Terminals in START + Trading Terminal/s to place in own world

Lesser Knight

Default Public Trading Terminals in START + Trading Terminal/s to place in own world

I had this idea browsing several games, similar games or not. No-Man's Sky Trade Outposts/Trade Terminal gave me the most inspiration.

The main idea is that there could be Local/Global Trade Terminals, per check mark in a wrench-able dialog. Also, vending machines would need to be updated to allow a global check mark, which is optional, default being unchecked.

The pricing/stocking will always be set by and made through vending machines, so they will not become obsolete at any time!

[Local -- free of charge]

A Trade Terminal that is placed in the world automatically catalogs all items the world currently has to offer in vending machines (similar to a Growscan).

The Trade Terminal offers a Search by Category/Item dialog, making it easier to find items in full scale vending worlds.

Most importantly, the purchase can be done through said Trade Terminal as well, using pricing information set in the vending machine.

Since it's local there's no fee, but offers the advantage to find an item quicker, or quick results whether it's available, or not, and at what price.

[Global -- fees apply]

Many times people just go from world to world, trying to find a specific item, wasting a lot of time. At times, depending on availability, it takes hours to find an item.

This is where the Global Trade Terminal comes into play. Vending machines would need an update to allow Global check marking, default being unchecked.

The player now has the option to mark certain vending machines global.

Turning on this functionality, people could use Trading Terminals to access items offered globally, cross-world purchases, if you will.

However, each transaction consumes gems.

Gems can be loaded to a Trade Station (8,000 max), or multiple, that stack (similar to filling Tesseract Manipulators, Techno-Organic Engines, etc).

If the gems are depleted, no offer will be shown globally, but has to wait until it's recharged.

[Fees for global trading]

10 Gems per WL transaction would seem fair. That means the limit of 1 Trading Station would be 800 WL = 8,000 Gems (4 Store World Locks), which is technically a 0.5% fee.

Of course, the actual fees would be determined by the developer, this is just a suggestion.

If you want to sell items globally that are more expensive than 800 WL, you'd need 2 Terminals, charging both with 8,000 Gems to increase the limit to 1,600 WL, etc.

[Goal]

The main goal with the Trading Terminal is to enable everyone, including single vend owners, to be able to sell to a global market.

Enabling competitive selling for items in demand, i.e. Daily Quest items, Carnival items, Clash related items, etc.

Which might also reduce item-related spamming, but not guaranteed, of course.

it gonna ruin some stuff price like surg or ssp or rsp or crime cards...

but again, the owner will have to be competitive with the price

IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v

Lesser Knight

Yes, I think it's already happening, people are already spamming in BuySSP (trade link), BuySurgs, etc, and compete with each other.

Instead of spamming, they can just compete directly with their competitors. Also, many times it's false advertisement, and/or scam vends.

Which wouldn't stand a chance in this system.

Why pay a spammer, which is also illegal to utilize spam-bots, if you could offer your items to anyone...

also it might take a lot to make it work.

IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    also it might take a lot to make it work.
    From the developer's perspective, I am not familiar with their integration possibilities.

Hence I tried to re-use components they already use with various items (Growscan 9000/Tesseract Manipulators).

However, I agree that juggling items cross-world sure needs an overhaul here and there... which would be definitely worth it in my opinion.

The advantages for the ecosystem, chance to sell, would be immense.

I don't even wanna know how much stock is buried in old vends in worlds long forgotten, just visited twice a year.

+1 10 charss
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

We need this.

IGN: cFlame
    Discord: Flame#7526
    WOTDs: ROOMESCAPING, ESCAPEPUZZLE, INFECTEDREALM Other worlds: CFLAMEHQ (Main), TOWERSOFPAIN (Halloween building contest 2019 #4-6)

Nice but then there is no point in building a nice vend world since you will be able to access all vends in just one terminal.
    Goals:

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Senke View Post
    Nice but then there is no point in building a nice vend world since you will be able to access all vends in just one terminal.
    Some people will always prefer one or the other way.

It's basically the same with going to the mall vs. shopping online.

An impulse shopper will buy from a vend, because you put that mannequin wearing a nice set.

The determined shopper will buy from terminal, because he knows exactly what he wants already.