Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Moderator Applications are misleading and should be removed or reserved.

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    And one part what they should think is, will player who has played 6 year already, still play even 2 more years? After 6 years, they have completed many goals and last goal was "to be mod". When that is done, we can start bet how many months will they still continue before step down or start be more offline. Yes, first 2.0 stepped down already (Sorry 2.0, hope you wont be mad, but i think that this is reality). So maybe, just maybe good mods like Shadow are those who has been in game just 1 year before they get promoted? Why? Cause they have still motivation, they feel that game is fresh, they are exited. Old ones aren't and i bet that 6 year player will quit earlier than 1 year player if that 1 year player has managed to get some wls and untradeables and friends. Those who has nothing after 1year, haven't worked at all in game and they are in high risk to get bored and quit too. So that's why i say these things. So maybe, they should not look at game length history so much, maybe they should try figure out, how exited those players are still. (Well, idk is there much players who are age of 16-25 and have just 1-max 2 year game history, but i think that those would be the best ones.)
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  2. #22
    Lesser Wizard 10bang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Eden 6
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    And one part what they should think is, will player who has played 6 year already, still play even 2 more years? After 6 years, they have completed many goals and last goal was "to be mod". When that is done, we can start bet how many months will they still continue before step down or start be more offline. Yes, first 2.0 stepped down already (Sorry 2.0, hope you wont be mad, but i think that this is reality). So maybe, just maybe good mods like Shadow are those who has been in game just 1 year before they get promoted? Why? Cause they have still motivation, they feel that game is fresh, they are exited. Old ones aren't and i bet that 6 year player will quit earlier than 1 year player if that 1 year player has managed to get some wls and untradeables and friends. Those who has nothing after 1year, haven't worked at all in game and they are in high risk to get bored and quit too. So that's why i say these things. So maybe, they should not look at game length history so much, maybe they should try figure out, how exited those players are still. (Well, idk is there much players who are age of 16-25 and have just 1-max 2 year game history, but i think that those would be the best ones.)
    Agreed and this is not because if fit the 16-25 with 1-2 yr game histroy
    V I J U T I M E

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    I don't think that their intention is to pick any immature people in the first place.
    They're going to pick a person(s) that they see can handle the task, and the stress
    along with the responsibility that comes with the task.

    I don't even think that they care about the age of the person, as long as they see
    that the person is mature enough to do wise decisions, and perform their given
    position.

    Giving mod applications to possibly suitable people won't work either, since
    the scammers will say something like:

    [BC] Super Broadcast from Scammer123 In (JAMMED)*: gIobal-systen- massage: You hav been chosen to recieve the mod application! go to Scamsite.scam
    IGN: Ephus
    _______________________________________________
    Soviet leader (GL)
    Guild home in [EPHUS]

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!


    Avatar made by: TheThingIs

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    I don't think that their intention is to pick any immature people in the first place.
    They're going to pick a person(s) that they see can handle the task, and the stress
    along with the responsibility that comes with the task.

    I don't even think that they care about the age of the person, as long as they see
    that the person is mature enough to do wise decisions, and perform their given
    position.

    Giving mod applications to possibly suitable people won't work either, since
    the scammers will say something like:

    [BC] Super Broadcast from Scammer123 In (JAMMED)*: gIobal-systen- massage: You hav been chosen to recieve the mod application! go to Scamsite.scam
    And cause they aren't with us in here in real life, how they know who can handle that stress and even more, who can handle school and work? Need remember that these players play with main accounts too so they need have then time for main acc and mod acc and real life. It's not so simple to handle that all. And i really strongly think that 1 year player could be here after next 6 years but 6 year players wont be here full 12 years. So i hope that they give chances more for "newbies" who has done their home works and know almost all about game, rather than complete old players to-do list last part before quitting.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    And cause they aren't with us in here in real life, how they know who can handle that stress and even more, who can handle school and work? Need remember that these players play with main accounts too so they need have then time for main acc and mod acc and real life. It's not so simple to handle that all. And i really strongly think that 1 year player could be here after next 6 years but 6 year players wont be here full 12 years. So i hope that they give chances more for "newbies" who has done their home works and know almost all about game, rather than complete old players to-do list last part before quitting.
    It's really easy to distinguish between immature and mature people, trust me.
    But I don't know about these things, who am I to say whether it is easy or not?
    IGN: Ephus
    _______________________________________________
    Soviet leader (GL)
    Guild home in [EPHUS]

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!


    Avatar made by: TheThingIs

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    It's really easy to distinguish between immature and mature people, trust me.
    But I don't know about these things, who am I to say whether it is easy or not?
    Even immature can fake it. So it is hard. Most disappointments what i have had with friends has been that they seems to be good friends and fine maybe 2 months then suddenly they msg that i lost motivation and i quit. Then 2 weeks later they are back and telling what kind of mass projects they will do to earn rayman and how they start then farm blablabla and 2 weeks later i get another msg= i quit. This continues over and over again. So when they are in that mood that they can do what ever it takes to earn wls, they sound good hard workers, but when they msg that they quit, they make me feel down. I'm always so happy when i see motivated gt player and it is disappointment when they give up.

    And cause behavior like this is so common in age of 13-15, that makes me little nervous. When will ubisoft give up when they hire 70 guardians who tell after few months that they all quit or just step down. Then again same job to do: try find 70 who are worth of training and if fail again and they step down in few months will they keep trying? So that is why i would want age limits and new players in those tasks. If i think me after 1 year, i read wiki as much as needed all the time, i was the one who could tell when some event comes better than some (many) 6 year players, cause i was new and i needed read and learn everything what has happened in past, but these who didn't just do some events in past 6 years, didn't even know what to do in that event. So newbie could also know more about the game than old one, if old player doesn't read information as much as newbie. So pls Ubisoft, give chances to newbies (1-2year players).
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer Deno855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,861

    Default

    I mean it should of been said since the start as like if they create something which is exploitable it would be exploited abit like how fake applications and also people trying hard to earn ways of being a mod so I agree but I feel like there are ways of going about it being just simple emails back and forth to certain special people yano
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 66
    Gems: 342k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer Climper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    538

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Even immature can fake it. So it is hard. Most disappointments what i have had with friends has been that they seems to be good friends and fine maybe 2 months then suddenly they msg that i lost motivation and i quit. Then 2 weeks later they are back and telling what kind of mass projects they will do to earn rayman and how they start then farm blablabla and 2 weeks later i get another msg= i quit. This continues over and over again. So when they are in that mood that they can do what ever it takes to earn wls, they sound good hard workers, but when they msg that they quit, they make me feel down. I'm always so happy when i see motivated gt player and it is disappointment when they give up.

    And cause behavior like this is so common in age of 13-15, that makes me little nervous. When will ubisoft give up when they hire 70 guardians who tell after few months that they all quit or just step down. Then again same job to do: try find 70 who are worth of training and if fail again and they step down in few months will they keep trying? So that is why i would want age limits and new players in those tasks. If i think me after 1 year, i read wiki as much as needed all the time, i was the one who could tell when some event comes better than some (many) 6 year players, cause i was new and i needed read and learn everything what has happened in past, but these who didn't just do some events in past 6 years, didn't even know what to do in that event. So newbie could also know more about the game than old one, if old player doesn't read information as much as newbie. So pls Ubisoft, give chances to newbies (1-2year players).
    Immature people can fake it for a while, but that's why they look for old players. You can't keep up with a false personality forever.

    They for sure won't hire 70 players who aren't motivated enough to keep going for years. Some of them might stop as something in their life can change. Even if they'd be with us for only couple of months they will still be a huge help as they won't be any immature ones who just wanted to become one to get fame and power.

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikecats View Post
    They should really pick the older accounts tbh. Since the older accounts have more experience with the game
    No offence, but older accounts does not necessarily mean that the person would have more experience with the game. Overall, it all depends on how interested the person is with the game's community. After all, anyone can create an account 6 years ago and just never really play or do anything experienced or even beneficial to the community.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It’s not officially announced or released yet. Lol. I hope not though.

    Furthermore, Guardians or Moderators, they are entitled to one entity - The Moderation Team. I’m really against basically applications that claims to gain you power and fame if you are suited for it. My points are listed above.
    Yes it has been announced in one announcement. Being a guardian is the key to being a moderator therefore players should experience being a guardian and if they pass, they become a moderator.
    It's time to remove VIJU TIME on our siggys.

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post
    Immature people can fake it for a while, but that's why they look for old players. You can't keep up with a false personality forever.

    They for sure won't hire 70 players who aren't motivated enough to keep going for years. Some of them might stop as something in their life can change. Even if they'd be with us for only couple of months they will still be a huge help as they won't be any immature ones who just wanted to become one to get fame and power.
    Why ppl can't never see the problem in that, when someone train some other dude to do something, then the trainer can't work at the time and trained can't either. So when someone uses his resources to train some other to do something and that trained dude continues just 3 months, that is huge waste of time and effort. Idk does my english skills be enough to explain this. lol But it is always huge waste of resources when someone train other person and that other person wont use those skills more than 3 months. So all waste just time if they hire many 3-6month workers and after 3-6 months they need start this training part again with new players. So that's why the most important part is, how exited player are. Those who are exited still are more valuable players than those who has 6 years done and who play this just cause they haven't found yet any other things to do. Ppl get bored with time and that is the fact.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It’s not officially announced or released yet. Lol. I hope not though.

    Furthermore, Guardians or Moderators, they are entitled to one entity - The Moderation Team. I’m really against basically applications that claims to gain you power and fame if you are suited for it. My points are listed above.
    Actually it has allready been announced in the announcements subforum, here's a screenshot of the announcement to make things easier.
    Name:  1575436015946.png
Views: 109
Size:  435.7 KB
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Yes it has been announced in one announcement. Being a guardian is the key to being a moderator therefore players should experience being a guardian and if they pass, they become a moderator.
    I meant the Guardian application lmao

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MineDeath View Post
    Actually it has allready been announced in the announcements subforum, here's a screenshot of the announcement to make things easier.
    Same goes ^^^
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    Perhaps not explicitly but it's fairly implicit if you keep up to date with all the announcements, i.e. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...Updates-2019-2
    I am aware of this. Also, don't use assumptions to justify your point. The staff's statement was not clear or informative enough to deduce what they are trying to say. Checking the Gazette could include: Guardian Applications, Link to checking the Guardians' intros in the forums - the norm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    Guardians and Moderators belong to the same team but they play different roles, you made it very clear in your thread you were talking about moderators - the purple name dudes.
    I replied to your post with this - " I’m really against basically applications that claims to gain you power and fame if you are suited for it. My points are listed above." It was my mistake on my part to not include the Guardian Application - I am against that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    Regarding your other points, I don't see why applications are going to confuse a development team, they mainly develop content for the game. I imagine staff such as NekoRei whose role "Community Manager" implies that she has more to do with the applications. How would what a player writes confuse matters further? Obviously players will have their logs checked or whatever before they're accepted, so why would a misleading application cause an issue? It should logically only harm the applicant's chances.
    Just take a look at the coordination. Sometimes, when one staff member takes a break from his/her job, basically means that that WOTD would not be chosen, or it'll be chosen, but released in a bad timing. (This is just an example, not specifying anybody.) Guardian/Moderator applications could take hours to read and so I believe it will fall into their bad coordination routine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    A person can't just apply for something and expect to get it, take applying for a job, for example; you can't just apply for a job and expect to get in. The same goes for applications, most people won't be accepted, only a true optimist would have confidence their application would be accepted. Your complaint that applications give people false hope doesn't really make sense.
    Exactly! Do you think a child would think like that? Hmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    Lastly, what would you propose they do to find suitable candidates outside of applications?
    Hmm. Good question. Maybe undercover as an regular account and see how people view you - this could show the "true" side of yourself, rather than how you treat moderators.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Viju View Post
    I mean the thing is, moderator applications are the key to finding the right person. If they pick specific people, what's the use - and if they failed the test, that will give them false hope. Moderator applications can find people who are hidden in the shadows but still able to help other people. We don't want people who originally help people secretly go wild and try to show everyone that he's helping - that's just so immoral.
    While I do agree that mod appls are indeed key to whether he/she is interested in becoming a mod - I hope that's what you're trying to say, it could be easily be distorted and abused. Usually when Ubisoft picks specific people, like I've mentioned, usually they are the people whom Ubisoft finds potential in. Thus, they should be mature enough even if they are not chosen as one. Yes, mod appls can definitely find people who are hidden in the shadows. But we, too, do not want them to suddenly go wild and try to show everyone that he/she is helping, right?
    Last edited by Pokekid123; 12-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    And one part what they should think is, will player who has played 6 year already, still play even 2 more years? After 6 years, they have completed many goals and last goal was "to be mod". When that is done, we can start bet how many months will they still continue before step down or start be more offline. Yes, first 2.0 stepped down already (Sorry 2.0, hope you wont be mad, but i think that this is reality). So maybe, just maybe good mods like Shadow are those who has been in game just 1 year before they get promoted? Why? Cause they have still motivation, they feel that game is fresh, they are exited. Old ones aren't and i bet that 6 year player will quit earlier than 1 year player if that 1 year player has managed to get some wls and untradeables and friends. Those who has nothing after 1year, haven't worked at all in game and they are in high risk to get bored and quit too. So that's why i say these things. So maybe, they should not look at game length history so much, maybe they should try figure out, how exited those players are still. (Well, idk is there much players who are age of 16-25 and have just 1-max 2 year game history, but i think that those would be the best ones.)
    Being a mod shouldn't be a "goal" in the first place. It can be a dream, but definitely not a goal.

    A new player can lose their interest in the game just as well as a veteran. I'm sure they'll take the player's motivation into consideration when choosing the mods. I've been playing the game for over 6 years now, and I'm actually gaining more and more interest in the game. There have been some rough patches when I've thought of quitting, and ended up taking a break, but the seeing the game evolve keeps me interested.

    I can see your point, but don't you think the staff would choose the right mods? Sure, a 13yo might not be as mature as an adult, and they still have their studies to finish, but so do a lot of adults. I'm not sure on how rough being a mod is, how active you've got to be, but since it's a voluntary job I don't think it's mandatory to log on every day. It's rare to find a young player mature enough to moderate, and I'm sure whoever's choosing the mods will be thorough when checking on their past.

    Contact Me:

    Growtopia's biggest whale collection!

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Giving mod applications to possibly suitable people won't work either, since
    the scammers will say something like:

    [BC] Super Broadcast from Scammer123 In (JAMMED)*: gIobal-systen- massage: You hav been chosen to recieve the mod application! go to Scamsite.scam
    That's why I've kept on thinking about solutions.
    Since it's only for potential players, the Application will not be featured in the Gazette. I've been thinking... and thought of that Ubisoft should Private Message them on the forums (Since one of the compulsory checkpoints is to have a active forum account.) They should list them ALL the questions involved on the message instead of using a website.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullifer View Post
    Being a mod shouldn't be a "goal" in the first place. It can be a dream, but definitely not a goal.

    A new player can lose their interest in the game just as well as a veteran. I'm sure they'll take the player's motivation into consideration when choosing the mods. I've been playing the game for over 6 years now, and I'm actually gaining more and more interest in the game. There have been some rough patches when I've thought of quitting, and ended up taking a break, but the seeing the game evolve keeps me interested.

    I can see your point, but don't you think the staff would choose the right mods? Sure, a 13yo might not be as mature as an adult, and they still have their studies to finish, but so do a lot of adults. I'm not sure on how rough being a mod is, how active you've got to be, but since it's a voluntary job I don't think it's mandatory to log on every day. It's rare to find a young player mature enough to moderate, and I'm sure whoever's choosing the mods will be thorough when checking on their past.
    The thing is: Adult know for sure does he have time for extra job while kid will apply as a mod just cause of status and goal, even when he know that he can't do it more than example 3 months. And why i think this way? Cause kids live in this day, in this moment while we, adults live 6 months ahead (some maybe years). Adults can't live in moment, they need plan almost everything. We need know how to manage time, we need know how to make money last whole month and so on. Kids, they have no experience about planning future for real. They could have dreams and future plans, but they doesn't make them so realistic as adults. And kids doesn't care at all how much they waste trainers time or how much their actions affect on others. They just can't think so idk what word to use, big? Wide?
    And why i think this way? I haven't seen anyone ask about work hours or what exactly mod job is or guardian. I personally would ask how many hours per week or month i need minimum do? What if i need be month in vacation? If there is no minimum hour requirements, then how this even work? After first month excitement, if i am a mod or guardian and i login just once per week and work 1h or something, is that ok? And if that is not ok, then there must be minimum requirements so what are those? If it is ok, then is that good idea that we have 100 guardians and x amount of mods who work just 1h per week?

    Why ppl are ready to apply in task without knowing a thing about it? Would you accept work without knowing at all how many hours per month? If yes, are you really thinking that you are mature enough to sign up any contract? And how about obligation of confidentiality? Can 13yo kid actually legally sign that? What if that kid broke it and reveal everything? Ubisoft sue 13yo kids? Or even 15yo?

    So much questions what has no answers and what no one asks.. And if kid need sign confidentiality agreement, will they ask kids parents signature too? I wouldn't ever accept that my underage kid sings up anything like that, cause well, kids can't keep their mouths shut and if that can cause legal problems what can affect my kids life then hell no i would ever accept that. Kids always tell something to someone. Even adults has problems with keeping secrets and kids, well they want flex.


    Idk, it's hard to explain what we, parents think about our kids life and games and so on. Have any of you, who want to be a mod, asked from your parents for real, what they say if you would be a mod? Sure you need first explain all this to your parents what it means to be mod in this game and then ask their honest opinion. But me as a mom, would say no for at least till age of 16-17. If there is legal risks then i would say no till kid is 18. (i hope you understand what i try say here. In Finnish this would be easier for me so if my text is messy, i'm sorry. I can't write understandable text even in fin, cause of my ADD and in English, it's way more harder)
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer Skullifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    The thing is: Adult know for sure does he have time for extra job while kid will apply as a mod just cause of status and goal, even when he know that he can't do it more than example 3 months. And why i think this way? Cause kids live in this day, in this moment while we, adults live 6 months ahead (some maybe years). Adults can't live in moment, they need plan almost everything. We need know how to manage time, we need know how to make money last whole month and so on. Kids, they have no experience about planning future for real. They could have dreams and future plans, but they doesn't make them so realistic as adults. And kids doesn't care at all how much they waste trainers time or how much their actions affect on others. They just can't think so idk what word to use, big? Wide?
    And why i think this way? I haven't seen anyone ask about work hours or what exactly mod job is or guardian. I personally would ask how many hours per week or month i need minimum do? What if i need be month in vacation? If there is no minimum hour requirements, then how this even work? After first month excitement, if i am a mod or guardian and i login just once per week and work 1h or something, is that ok? And if that is not ok, then there must be minimum requirements so what are those? If it is ok, then is that good idea that we have 100 guardians and x amount of mods who work just 1h per week?

    Why ppl are ready to apply in task without knowing a thing about it? Would you accept work without knowing at all how many hours per month? If yes, are you really thinking that you are mature enough to sign up any contract? And how about obligation of confidentiality? Can 13yo kid actually legally sign that? What if that kid broke it and reveal everything? Ubisoft sue 13yo kids? Or even 15yo?

    So much questions what has no answers and what no one asks.. And if kid need sign confidentiality agreement, will they ask kids parents signature too? I wouldn't ever accept that my underage kid sings up anything like that, cause well, kids can't keep their mouths shut and if that can cause legal problems what can affect my kids life then hell no i would ever accept that. Kids always tell something to someone. Even adults has problems with keeping secrets and kids, well they want flex.


    Idk, it's hard to explain what we, parents think about our kids life and games and so on. Have any of you, who want to be a mod, asked from your parents for real, what they say if you would be a mod? Sure you need first explain all this to your parents what it means to be mod in this game and then ask their honest opinion. But me as a mom, would say no for at least till age of 16-17. If there is legal risks then i would say no till kid is 18. (i hope you understand what i try say here. In Finnish this would be easier for me so if my text is messy, i'm sorry. I can't write understandable text even in fin, cause of my ADD and in English, it's way more harder)
    You're speaking of moderators like they have signed a contract of a sort. They really haven't, they've been asked if they're interested and they've accepted the job.
    I'm pretty sure Ubisoft won't sue a kid for not doing a voluntary job correctly. It's as simple as; you break the rules, you get demoted. No legal action taken.

    I understand your concern, but I believe everyone worth the status deserves a chance at it. That's why they go through an internship at first, with not much powers at all.
    The people running this game are experienced, they're not just going to make a game breaking decision to hire every kid they see.

    Besides, most mods already are adults, if not all. There's no need to worry.

    Contact Me:

    Growtopia's biggest whale collection!

  19. #39
    Master Sorcerer LyveWyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Look, I am going to add a final point of mine, that being many of you are totally blowing the problems way out of proportion (many of them don't even exist at all).

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Look, I am going to add a final point of mine, that being many of you are totally blowing the problems way out of proportion (many of them don't even exist at all).
    That, I totally have to agree with.
    IGN: Ephus
    _______________________________________________
    Soviet leader (GL)
    Guild home in [EPHUS]

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!


    Avatar made by: TheThingIs

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •