Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: So what exactly can you do if you get scammed?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,016

    Default So what exactly can you do if you get scammed?

    so recently I just had a friend get scammed a decent amount of dls. I was just wondering, if they have SOLID proof, can anything be done about it? i heard that some mods have allowed players to get their item(s) back after getting scammed.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to dragons πŸ‰
    -
    Worlds:
    [πŸ”‘] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [πŸŽƒ] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [πŸ₯³] TheMenorah
    -
    PFP: topazi 😭😭

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Nope, nothing at all. Just have to painfully deal with it unfortunately. Taking a week or so break is usually the best option after getting scammed imo.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    ZA WARUDO!
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    *lie down
    *Try not to cry
    *Cry alot
    <Insert a temporary placeholder signature>
    M e n a c i n g. . .
    γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄. . .

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    oh that's so unfortunate. also how has that person who scammed like 3lwiz's not gotten banned ??
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to dragons πŸ‰
    -
    Worlds:
    [πŸ”‘] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [πŸŽƒ] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [πŸ₯³] TheMenorah
    -
    PFP: topazi 😭😭

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    oh that's so unfortunate. also how has that person who scammed like 3lwiz's not gotten banned ??
    Casino owners and admins can get away with their DLs.

    So that's not really surprising.
    IGN: CandleJack

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    oh that's so unfortunate. also how has that person who scammed like 3lwiz's not gotten banned ??
    Have you seen how much he got money from selling accounts?
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer UkyoKuonji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    i heard that some mods have allowed players to get their item(s) back after getting scammed.
    Isn't that only apply to player that got hacked?

    Cover is not the book
    So open it up and take a look
    'Cause under the covers one discovers
    That the king may be a crook

    For a cover is nice
    But a cover is not the book


  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,808

    Default

    Right, I was reading through ubisoft's TOS the other day and came by this



    You can read about the parts of the tos players break by scamming in 3.2 at the tos website https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/en-INTL

    Of course, there's a high chance thar they forward it to current support, which will reject you.

    Still, if you want to try something

    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Punchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    I doubt that you'll receive any help regarding this situation as you have to protect the items you have by yourself unless it was lost because of the Ubisoft staff team as they do not take any sort of proofs into consideration due to the possibility of them being edited.
    Good leadership is a key to success and success is key to good leadership.

    IGN: Punchas
    LEVEL: 73
    WORLD: PUNCHASGT
    YT: Puchy
    Instagram: puchy_gg
    Discord: Puchas#0986

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Gungnirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beside you ;)
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    *lie down
    *Try not to cry
    *Cry alot
    *Resist myself on telling my friends
    *Telling my friends.

    Regarding the issue, I don't think they do that. There might be a misconception about those accounts getting hacked even with their account protection turned on withhh getting scammed. But most probably, not.
    IGN : Elyxial
    Level : 82
    Visit my page for more informations...
    Goals :

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    you can try getting over it
    IGN : Liquify


  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    I find that not getting scammed in the first place is the way to go. That is what works for me. It definitely saves me from the heart ache and frustration other people experience. I must be a natural at avoiding scams because it feels so easy to do.

    Not giving people a way to access my stuff is actually very easy. Only using the trade system and double checking my trades isn't that hard for me either.

    I don't feel like a bad guy for not trusting anybody in a game so notorious for having a high level of scamming activities. It's not like it's a secret.

    I sometimes wonder if I am the only one who can play this game without becoming a victim of theft. If so I must be a rare item myself.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    no have
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I find that not getting scammed in the first place is the way to go. That is what works for me. It definitely saves me from the heart ache and frustration other people experience. I must be a natural at avoiding scams because it feels so easy to do.

    Not giving people a way to access my stuff is actually very easy. Only using the trade system and double checking my trades isn't that hard for me either.

    I don't feel like a bad guy for not trusting anybody in a game so notorious for having a high level of scamming activities. It's not like it's a secret.
    while I do agree with this, as I don't fall for scams that often (not saying that I'm not too trusting in some cases)

    I found that without trusted friends, gt was boring though.
    when you find someone you trust, who plays gt for the same reason as you, it's really one of the best things I've experienced playing gt since 2014.

    I don't play to build my wealth (although ofc I want to make wl but I don't focus on it like the majority of the playerbase now)
    I play for fun, like games should be played.
    (idk what this has to do with the original post but like ok)

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    581

    Default

    They’re not accepting any form of proof/evidence. The only way they could punish someone is if they see it with their own eyes by being at the scene when it’s taking place. Most of the time this is to prevent falsely banning someone based on an evidence that may have been edited in any form. Sorry it happened to your friend but unfortunately the chances of him getting back at the one who stole from him is close to 0%.
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Discord: Winwood#0566
    IG: Winwoodgt
    IGN: Winwood

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer astinotrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Noxus
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    be a ninja, suffer in silence and stay strong. and make sure you do things differently the next time.

    trust me its better than being welcomed with a copy pasted response from SuPpOrT
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    while I do agree with this, as I don't fall for scams that often (not saying that I'm not too trusting in some cases)

    I found that without trusted friends, gt was boring though.
    when you find someone you trust, who plays gt for the same reason as you, it's really one of the best things I've experienced playing gt since 2014.

    I don't play to build my wealth (although ofc I want to make wl but I don't focus on it like the majority of the playerbase now)
    I play for fun, like games should be played.
    (idk what this has to do with the original post but like ok)
    I am not 100% anti trust. I'm just very strict on it. Friendship should be based on enjoying each other's company and not how much access to our worlds and items we allow. Trust makes us vulnerable and is always a risk. I also think there are different levels if trust you can give. You can trust with a little or you can blindly trust with everything you have. I suggest to everyone they never trust with anything they can not afford to lose.

    You can do a lot to prevent yourself harm, that is when you have control. Not much you can do after the harm is done.

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    so recently I just had a friend get scammed a decent amount of dls. I was just wondering, if they have SOLID proof, can anything be done about it? i heard that some mods have allowed players to get their item(s) back after getting scammed.
    Giving a lost item back is only available on rare cases, example if you got hacked by someone and you had your Advance Account Protection active. They will mostly give you, your lost items back. But this is a scam, (which google puts as a dishonest scheme; a fraud.) This can not happen unless you put some trust in it. Because of his sudden trust, he fell to it and got scammed.

    Growtopia won't restore any items lost into the scam. Neither can anyone help you with that. You have to get over it and start again.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  18. #18
    Knight Apeiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Why'd you want to know?
    Posts
    89

    Default

    you can cry about or you know just 'quit' but we know nobody 'quits' forever.

    royal locked trade world owners are big dumb
    don't change my mind

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •