View Poll Results: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the change already

63 46.67%
  • No

72 53.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

Default Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

Just comment if you agree please, would love to finally see this change happen. If you happen to disagree and think WOTD should remain as it is, also respond please.
    This has been a topic of conversation for well over a year now. There are numerous advantages, and as far as I am aware, no disadvantages to changing WOTD to WOTW. I am going to keep it quite short because at this point the devs are aware of the arguments for the change to WOTW, but here are the main ones if you aren't aware:

1. WOTD quality has been awful in the past few years, by making WOTW you can practically guarantee that there will be peaked interest in participating, which should improve the quality of worlds.
    2. WOTD attendance has been atrocious for the past few years, primarily because building hasn't been a priority and there is no reward for visiting these worlds. Even with the change, this still may be the issue but you can guarantee people will be attracted to see a world that has been recognized as the best world for the week. On top of that, it is much easier for players to see it throughout the week and gives them a chance to possibly visit it.
    3. It will be significantly easier for the community team to select worlds, considering they won't need to search for worlds and test them daily (as it is right now, they barely have time to do this, they have other duties).
    4. Stimulates building as a part of the game rather than the other crap, considering the incentives to build a high-quality world are now much better.
    5. Crazy idea, but somehow other games that incorporate building in their game have been way more successful and typically have longer-lasting player bases...almost sounds like something one would want to do in order to earn money after acquiring the game...
    6. Added point: for those arguing that by making the change to WOTW will make it "impossible for them to win" clearly shows an issue with the current WOTD system, no? Should the expectation really be that anybody can win with little to no effort?

This change should not be that difficult to make, and not only does it benefit players but it makes it much easier on the developers.
    Last edited by LyveWyre; 12-07-2019 at 01:59 AM.

oh no please no.. I would completely give up trying to make wotds if I had to wait a week in between.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    My heart belongs to dragons 🐉
    -
    Worlds:
    [🔑] GroupEscape [If you like puzzles, this world is for you!]
    [🎃] HalloweenEscape [Same with this one! Just a bit spookier.]
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    -
    PFP: topazi 😭😭

Further reiteration:
    WOTD quality is bad - this is because people have little standards since pretty much anything that meagrely ticks boxes can win. It feels like people painting their first art piece and winning a full-on official competition with it.
    WOTD attendance is full of people who are in it for the profit. This makes the worlds seem like they're mass-produced since they're being awarded out every day. A slower pace of awarded worlds will let players have more time to build and attend their worlds. Quality comes with time and thought.
    It will be less straining on Ubisoft's side; pretty self-explanatory since Ubisoft will have more time to consider the award and judge worlds better without time strains.
    32 WOTDs
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    oh no please no.. I would completely give up trying to make wotds if I had to wait a week in between.
    Or you put in a little more effort considering the rewards would pay off and it wouldn't feel like an undeserved win!

Worlds aren't meant to be mass-produced. If you spend a little less than a week or so on a world, then your world quality must be poor. You don't see artists' paintings or game developer's entire levels be made in such short time periods.
    32 WOTDs
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Unlike somebody else, I'd be encouraged to build if this change was done; more competition means higher quality, and the less trophies given out would also cause less supply, which in turn would increase the prices to match its demand. As a result, I would be having a fun competition to compete for a high reward.
    IGN: MadameZ

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Worlds aren't meant to be mass-produced. If you spend a little less than a week or so on a world, then your world quality must be poor. You don't see artists' paintings or game developer's entire levels be made in such short time periods.
    As much as I love you, I love that argument too! Never thought of it that way - you don't see the game devs give up on the game (despite being full of issues) because they can't resolve it in a few days.

Yes! Then I won’t get WOTD spammed on my IG day after day only to noticed lame crap worlds (no offence lol, I’m a nub builder too ). Whilst some are decent or eye-catching, the majority are just low-quality. WOTW will definitely raise the bar in terms of standards.

I think we need more growtopians/Developers to choose WOTW (if it’s implemented), Ubisoft could choose growtopians; typically Forumers who are experienced builders. This will definitely be more fair and just, since in my opinion a one person job would be quite tiring and biased.

There are truly more than enough points to support this thread and I hope Ubisoft could implement it.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

I remember seeing something similar related to this like months ago and there was no action taken, I wonder why? This is just bad on Ubisoft’s part - it makes it strenuous to choose em’ properly since they lack the experience, they are wasting time on low-quality stuff (not all lol), they just spam WOTD on Instagram with little or vague “OMG what’s in the world” kinda related stuff. It generally just shows the lack of creativity in the game itself, does Ubisoft want to show that to other gamers?
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

i mean they literally have wotd seasons, each being a few months, meaning they could easily implement this during the next season or smth

Agreeing with opinion aside;

While you're at it have some of the mods able to pick WOTD's by themselves, clearly it isn't the same person choosing and their lack of knowledge in world building judging still results in terrible picks no matter if there are good worlds, currently just skimming through the wotd submission thread there's a good dozen that come to mind and only the low qualities one seem to be picked regardless

I think it's the main second part that needs to be addressed, building good worlds is a thing having a good judge is also an important one
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Default I enjoy still enjoy wotd

My sister and I play wotd parkours at least 3 times a week. To me most of the worlds have enough quality in the parkours to be interesting. If it was world of the week we would always be out of new worlds to visit and play. I know wotd is not interesting to everyone but I quite enjoy it
    Banned and Unbanned for The Carnival Ban Glitch. U Be Soft Please Fix

No, it would be impossible to win, the trophy's price would skyrocket well into the Growie award pricepoint, and getting the legendary dragon would be almost impossible because of the insane price.
    And it is World Of The (Day) afterall.

I agree with some points like the build quality, but players are doing their best, so it's pretty much up to the people choosing the worlds to decide which ones deserve to win.
    IGN: Ephus

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

Quote Originally Posted by cranytorso View Post
    My sister and I play wotd parkours at least 3 times a week. To me most of the worlds have enough quality in the parkours to be interesting. If it was world of the week we would always be out of new worlds to visit and play. I know wotd is not interesting to everyone but I quite enjoy it
    I absolutely love to hear you guys enjoy the WOTDs, but I can tell you right now 99% of the population does not. Plus, one of the many benefits of the rating system is that you can find worlds to play should you play through the WOTW (if it were implemented).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    No, it would be impossible to win, the trophy's price would skyrocket well into the Growie award pricepoint, and getting the legendary dragon would be almost impossible because of the insane price.
    And it is World Of The (Day) afterall.

I agree with some points like the build quality, but players are doing their best, so it's pretty much up to the people choosing the worlds to decide which ones deserve to win.
    It would not be impossible to win. Actually, you have a chance to win it 52 times a year. Also, this isn't about prices and the legendary dragon. Sure, expect values to increase but that would also cause players to stick around longer to achieve that item rather than it being a walk in the park. There is a lot more to this argument that prices of items and the quantity of legendary dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post

but I put so much effort into my worlds.. they take forever to make because of the unique puzzles that I incorporate and I never said anything about mass producing worlds.. I'm proud of them but if you say my world quality may be poor I'd believe you..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Or you put in a little more effort considering the rewards would pay off and it wouldn't feel like an undeserved win!
    are you kidding me.. I put in so much effort and time to make my worlds.. this whole thread is so upsetting honestly. but that's just my opinion.
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    -
    Worlds:
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    -

My suggestion to improve wotd is to have a wotm from the group of wotd winners that the community can vote on. This way people who want more competition can fight for the world of the month trophy that would be an extremely prestigious award to win. with the community voting on the worlds I think this would increase wotd visits as there is a purpose to come to them again. The only issue that this does not address is the work on the mods but If that was an Issue they would of already changed it.

but I put so much effort into my worlds.. they take forever to make because of the unique puzzles that I incorporate and I never said anything about mass producing worlds.. I'm proud of them but if you say my world quality may be poor I'd believe you..

- - - Updated - - -

are you kidding me.. I put in so much effort and time to make my worlds.. this whole thread is so upsetting honestly. but that's just my opinion.
    call it with a different name then - worlds built by inexperienced builders. techy has 30 something odd wotd wins, meaning he has a lot more experience in building than any of us here. do keep on putting effort into your worlds, though and do keep holding the ancient routine of building alive

- - - Updated - - -

hey I love your worlds It seems like the community does not play many wotd and just assumes that the wotds are low quality IMO 90-95 percent of wotd are high quality and have a lot of thought put in with the story and decor

I disagree GREATLY with this idea. What if they STILL manage to pick a world that doesn't look so great? then what? it'll still be on display for a week. Some people work extremely hard on their worlds and it shows. Some people put little effort in, which can be infuriating if they win, but just deal with it honestly, there's always the next day. There is absolutely no need to be so sour against those worlds that look low effort. It's a literal game where half the population are kids. Seriously, what do you expect. Another point I have to make- Some worlds may look low-effort because the owner can't afford to buy the blocks they want to, so they have to improvise. they may have amazing ideas but just can't execute them with their budget. however if they can find a way to do this, then why does it matter if the world looks amazing as long as the ideas are there. the rich only get richer..
    ❄️ NekoWolf ❄️
    -
    -
    Worlds:
    [🥳] TheMenorah
    -

hey I love your worlds It seems like the community does not play many wotd and just assumes that the wotds are low quality IMO 90-95 percent of wotd are high quality and have a lot of thought put in with the story and decor
    Now, I understand people have different perspectives, you could totally argue that you like the WOTDs. But to say they are of high quality is just a lie. Often times, the WOTD is put together in a matter of days because it is so simple to win (for many, why put in the extra effort if it is not needed?). Copied pixel arts, block spamming, typical parkours, and stories that are made up as the owner places the signs in broken English do not define "high quality".