View Poll Results: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the change already

    63 46.67%
  • No

    72 53.33%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 115

Thread: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

  1. #85
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    WOTW is an option and either way won't change much.

    1. "People wont vist after days 1/2!"
    True because its not something everyone does anymore. Mainly since its only parkour now and days (due to lack other puzzle items and ways to build worlds in general)

    2. "Its harder to win!"
    Well the main issue with WOTDS is that people try to put garbage out, making it so its WOTW filters that garbage a bit and encourages better building skills. Besides this might even push more people to build considering the trophy price will rise. Which is why one batch of people compete for WOTD in the first place and its the profit they can get off the trophy.

    The only real effect it will have is the trophy price to be higher therefore more entries that would be worse more or less.

  2. #86
    Master Sorcerer BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    I absolutely love to hear you guys enjoy the WOTDs, but I can tell you right now 99% of the population does not. Plus, one of the many benefits of the rating system is that you can find worlds to play should you play through the WOTW (if it were implemented).
    I am neutral, but please avoid the biased statistics you've given.
    Before you state any percentage, you should first do a survey to hundreds of thousands players online.
    You've mentioned the population means you were referring as a whole players actively playing the game.

  3. #87
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    I am neutral, but please avoid the biased statistics you've given.
    Before you state any percentage, you should first do a survey to hundreds of thousands players online.
    You've mentioned the population means you were referring as a whole players actively playing the game.
    That would be even more biased to even consider doing for the following reasons
    • The majority of online players are young children
    • They have not grown the ability to argue and are therefore easily convinced
    • Which in turn, means they will hardly disagree or agree with anything. Which is why we're here, on the forums, home for more debate between knowledgable and more mature people to an extent


    There has been such "poll" on their instagram as a simple question, "World of the Week yes or no?" - 95% of comments were against it, but the poll by itself was flawed by it's core
    It provided absolutely no reasoning for the question and just asked as is, nearly nobody had any opinion defending any of either sides because the arguments weren't given in the first place.

    It's like trying to pass a law but not giving reason for it.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

  4. #88
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    That would be even more biased to even consider doing for the following reasons
    • The majority of online players are young children
    • They have not grown the ability to argue and are therefore easily convinced
    • Which in turn, means they will hardly disagree with anything. Which is why we're here, on the forums, home for more debate between knowledgable and more mature people to an extent


    There has been such "poll" on their instagram as a simple question, "World of the Week yes or no?" - 95% of comments were against it, but the poll by itself was flawed by it's core
    It provided absolutely no reasoning for the question and just asked as is, nearly nobody any opinion defending any of either sides because the arguments weren't given in the first place.

    It's like trying to pass a law but not giving reason for it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ upz
    #MESPRIT123

  5. #89
    Master Sorcerer BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    That would be even more biased to even consider doing for the following reasons
    • The majority of online players are young children
    • They have not grown the ability to argue and are therefore easily convinced
    • Which in turn, means they will hardly disagree or agree with anything. Which is why we're here, on the forums, home for more debate between knowledgable and more mature people to an extent


    There has been such "poll" on their instagram as a simple question, "World of the Week yes or no?" - 95% of comments were against it, but the poll by itself was flawed by it's core
    It provided absolutely no reasoning for the question and just asked as is, nearly nobody had any opinion defending any of either sides because the arguments weren't given in the first place.

    It's like trying to pass a law but not giving reason for it.
    Again, i'm not against to anything what's happening right now. I was only clearing what he stated, he mentioned population rather sample. Then, it would match your point. I got you clearly do not worry.

  6. #90
    Master Sorcerer LyveWyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Again, i'm not against to anything what's happening right now. I was only clearing what he stated, he mentioned population rather sample. Then, it would match your point. I got you clearly do not worry.
    Ok, I understand my figures are not the most precise or accurate, but you’re seriously going to gripe that out of all the things you could have commented on this thread? Anyways, as Nenkai said, you can’t and shouldn’t survey the entire population about this. Either way, take a look at the daily amount of players online and then take a look at the WOTD attendance. Usually, it will be upwards of 10 players for an hour after the world is selected, and then around 1-2 for the remaining time (that is, unless a mod SBs, and players only stay for the purpose of seeing the mod). So if you’re telling me that a figure upwards of 90% isn’t accurate for the sake of an argument and you’re going to honestly gripe me for not doing a survey then I am genuinely concerned.

  7. #91
    Master Sorcerer BverX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    524

    Default


    What i'm going to mention are only pure opinion and suggestions, the rest would be some facts that i've noticed for a long time.

    World Of The Week is unnecessary, and may disrupt gameplay.


    Fact: World Of The Day does not have variety, thus parkour worlds are always chosen.

    - WOTD Picker(s) should be open to any possibilities for varieties, not only enclosed with parkours. So, visitors will not be bored wandering around the world. To name the few possibilities, such as riddle world, quiz world, and logical problems to be solved in a world not limiting their ideas with a huge pile of Growtopia's items.

    Fact: Not all players browse the gazette till' the end line of it.

    - In my opinion, it should be placed above where it can be seen easily with an eye catching color or design.

    Fact: WOTW Trophies would disrupt the gameplay.

    - The trophy price would be high and unbearable, also more junk worlds will be submitted since the price is high. If you would suggest they could browse more and check most submissions carefully, aren't you worried inboxes will be fulled with spams? The quality worlds will be more squashed on the middle part of the submission box. Thus, how many staff are able to check the submissions, a week may be too long to store all the submissions.

    Opinion: WOTW is too long

    - It would be a waste for such a good quality world staying for a week with less to no players. Seeing a world for straight 7 days are not worth paying a visit, as players wants to visit to taste new flavors (Refer to Fact #1)

  8. #92
    Master Sorcerer Sparkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    eating brownies
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post

    What i'm going to mention are only pure opinion and suggestions, the rest would be some facts that i've noticed for a long time.

    World Of The Week is unnecessary, and may disrupt gameplay.


    Fact: World Of The Day does not have variety, thus parkour worlds are always chosen.

    - WOTD Picker(s) should be open to any possibilities for varieties, not only enclosed with parkours. So, visitors will not be bored wandering around the world. To name the few possibilities, such as riddle world, quiz world, and logical problems to be solved in a world not limiting their ideas with a huge pile of Growtopia's items.

    Fact: Not all players browse the gazette till' the end line of it.

    - In my opinion, it should be placed above where it can be seen easily with an eye catching color or design.

    Fact: WOTW Trophies would disrupt the gameplay.

    - The trophy price would be high and unbearable, also more junk worlds will be submitted since the price is high. If you would suggest they could browse more and check most submissions carefully, aren't you worried inboxes will be fulled with spams? The quality worlds will be more squashed on the middle part of the submission box. Thus, how many staff are able to check the submissions, a week may be too long to store all the submissions.

    Opinion: WOTW is too long

    - It would be a waste for such a good quality world staying for a week with less to no players. Seeing a world for straight 7 days are not worth paying a visit, as players wants to visit to taste new flavors (Refer to Fact #1)
    Disagree... there are merely opinions.

    Not all WOTD worlds are parkour based. I can prove this myself. However, the reason that the majority of winning worlds are parkour is because parkour is probably more engaging to most of the player base.

    Sure, but even if we put the WOTD/VOTW at the top, I'd still click the X button or the banner. In my case, even if we did remove those shortcuts I would be furious(I mean, who wants to scroll all the way down).

    Both this statement and the "higher quality of worlds" statement need to be tested before we can actually know. Sure, a more exclusive trophy will lead to more entries(which is good), but when people don't win, they will start putting effort into their attempts. I don't think quality will be an issue.

    I sorta kinda agree with this. HOWEVER, a week-long WOTD allows for 1. extra recognition for the builder, 2. the world is promoted more. So a "good quality world" would actually get the showcase it deserves. But on the flip side, there are other solutions like having 3-5 WOTW's or having some weird hybrid between the concepts of WOTD and WOTW.

  9. #93
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    World Of The Week is unnecessary and may disrupt gameplay.
    I don't think it has many effects on active gameplay since it literally will not alter how you play the game other than "oh, woopy doo, there's only one world to visit this week for WOTW compared to the daily worlds I can visit for WOTD!" - if someone's motive was set like this, they won't find any issues visiting and exploring other worlds on the World Showcase sub-forum and other WOTD applicants. There is, currently, no difference in visiting a WOTD to a normal world.

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Fact: World Of The Day does not have variety, thus parkour worlds are always chosen.

    - WOTD Picker(s) should be open to any possibilities for varieties, not only enclosed with parkours. So, visitors will not be bored wandering around the world. To name the few possibilities, such as riddle world, quiz world, and logical problems to be solved in a world not limiting their ideas with a huge pile of Growtopia's items.
    Yes, this is a problem, but Growtopia lacks diversity in gameplay and where it can be diverse, relies on community focus:
    - game worlds: requires players to be present; WOTDs have barely any visitors at any given time
    - roleplay worlds: requires players to cooperate and roleplay; not everyone does this, and to those who don't enjoy roleplay will find the world utterly dull
    - art showcase worlds: this style of world is pretty outdated since people's ideology of a WOTD has shifted and players will be in disbelief when they see some wacky art showcase world, especially when it is comprised of unoriginal, uninteresting and un-innovative pixel art.

    Other than that, players are able to make their parkours diverse and interesting through the modification of difficulty, mechanics and platforming. After all, parkour worlds (and for the most part, most Growtopian worlds) are reminiscent of the platforming game genre. However, a lot of these intuitive and interesting game tools (such as howlers, cybots, tomb robbers, etc.) are rather expensive compared to plain parkour, and due to the infrequent usage of them, not many are aware of their existence and function. Plus, people's motives for world building are not always so open-minded and so they limit their worlds to simple parkour. This is just because the majority of worlds are like this, so they do not set an example, and those that do set an example, go under the radar for most players since the vast majority of the players do not visit WOTDs to actually engage and acknowledge these exemplary worlds to then inspire them.

    Oh, and people just want easy world locks, so the effort put in is as minimal as possible for the most profit!

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Fact: Not all players browse the gazette till' the end line of it.

    - In my opinion, it should be placed above where it can be seen easily with an eye catching color or design.
    The button is already fine, the gazette just needs to be revamped. Though I do agree with the moving of the button towards the top - maybe we can have tabs to the gazette, one being the Home Page, including the WOTD, VOTW, important notices and other stuff, and another tab for updates, and another tab for community creators -- you get the picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Fact: WOTW Trophies would disrupt the gameplay.

    - The trophy price would be high and unbearable, also more junk worlds will be submitted since the price is high. If you would suggest they could browse more and check most submissions carefully, aren't you worried inboxes will be fulled with spams? The quality worlds will be more squashed on the middle part of the submission box. Thus, how many staff are able to check the submissions, a week may be too long to store all the submissions.
    Junk worlds are already being submitted since the profit margin is grand. Lower frequency of worlds winning = more worlds being stacked in submission = more competition = standards rise since they want their world to win compared to others. WOTDs' quality are not at the fault of the picker, but rather the standard of world building - specifically for WOTDs - is poor. Inboxes shouldn't be a problem since people should know where to submit their world (the application thread).

    All submissions are kept within the applicant thread - I'm sure you're aware of this? It seems like you are not with this statement.

    Additionally, the price should not be of concern. The Legendary Dragon quest is already a joke compared to the price of the others for it underperforms in being a sign of "legendary" since most go for it for a cheap legendary quest completion and sell it off afterwards. Many other legendary quests have rare and somewhat pricey items required for step completions - VOTW (hey, this is also a weekly competition!), Golden Dragon Statue (hey, this is a monthly competition!), Summer Event Player Medal: Gold (hey, this is a yearly personal reward!). Trophies being step requirements in the first place is stupid. Having the Legendary Dragon's price be further in line with the other legendary quest costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by BverX View Post
    Opinion: WOTW is too long

    - It would be a waste for such a good quality world staying for a week with less to no players. Seeing a world for straight 7 days are not worth paying a visit, as players wants to visit to taste new flavors (Refer to Fact #1)
    Attendance is already an issue without incentives. If players wish to visit more worlds, they aren't bound/limited to WOTDs/WOTWs, they can visit the applicant thread/world showcase sub-forum for more worlds (since there are no benefits to visiting WOTDs...).
    33 WOTDs won.
    3 Competitions placed in.

    Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

  10. #94
    Lesser Wizard SWAGMR5055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    376

    Default

    WOTD is legit better than WOTW , it's quite bored when you hang out in the same world for like a week. We need WOTD for us to try and discover new worlds everyday...

  11. #95
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Yes, I do agree with Nenkaai. The poll on Instagram is just ridiculous! That’s not even a place to justify one’s point. It’s just freedom of speech there. The comments are mostly flooded with statements like : “WOTD best!!! WOTW lameee”. It’s just bad because you’re just stating something without giving any reason, or if they gave one it’s gonna be something like “GT copycat P...” which is just a horrible reference relating to the topic/irrelevant nonsense...

    If Ubisoft decides on making a WOTW, the trophy should be an untradeable since most of the player base when won will sell it just for profit value. This helps on the players welfare that everything isn’t about profiting or blowing cash and making big bucks just to show off.

    WOTW gives players ample time to think through on describing their world on the forums, unleashing their creativity in building words instead of being unoriginal, etc.
    The best out of the best wins, this will set a higher benchmark for Builders, competition is necessary. This also helps give Builders a clear reference on what is deserving of a WOTW world.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  12. #96
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,848

    Default

    It's true that WOTW would become somewhat boring and that certainly isn't something anyone wants, but when you think about it from a quality-over-quantity perspective, you might be able to see how trashy some WOTDs are, and how it needs to change.
    I mean, I'd rather have some well-built worlds over trashy ones even if it meant waiting a whole week for a new world. The change might not be as dramatic as you think, because WOTDs are dead anyway.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •