View Poll Results: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the change already

63 46.67%
  • No

72 53.33%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Petition to change WOTD to WOTW (finally)

I don't want to wait one week to play in WOTD. Also currently there are at least 3 good parkour worlds per week, this change is unnecessary.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGMR5055 View Post
    WOTD is legit better than WOTW , it's quite bored when you hang out in the same world for like a week. We need WOTD for us to try and discover new worlds everyday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    It's true that WOTW would become somewhat boring and that certainly isn't something anyone wants, but when you think about it from a quality-over-quantity perspective, you might be able to see how trashy some WOTDs are, and how it needs to change.
    I mean, I'd rather have some well-built worlds over trashy ones even if it meant waiting a whole week for a new world. The change might not be as dramatic as you think, because WOTDs are dead anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I don't want to wait one week to play in WOTD. Also currently there are at least 3 good parkour worlds per week, this change is unnecessary.
    You are not restricted to WOTDs for discovering and playing worlds. WOTDs are meant to be a highlight of a great world for that day, but as time as progressed and the trophy has increased in value, people do not put as much thought and creativity in their worlds as they used to - a lot of the worlds feel the same or play the same because (inherently) nearly 3000 WOTDs won't all be completely unique. Lowering the frequency for highlighted worlds will increase competition and add more space for variety and uniqueness because having a diverse and interesting gameplay experience and design will heighten your chances of winning over others.

Yes, there won't be a highlighted world to visit every day, but that doesn't mean you can't hop onto the World Showcase sub-forum, look upon Discord servers, ask friends, look at the top worlds for each category (which is often unreliable), search known world builder's main worlds for a list of their worlds,... - you get the idea. There are a lot of ways to find worlds to play and enjoy every single day, you aren't bound to WOTD and nor do you get any benefit for restricting yourself to WOTD. If the issue is the lack of convenience of having a highlighted world given to you opposed to finding one yourself, well, then don't complain as of your lack of effort.
    33 World of the Days won.
    3 World Building Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

im too lazy to read this entire thread but if no one suggested this then I'mma say,

wouldn't it be better to showcase a few world for a whole week together? that'll be so much better
    IGN : Liquify

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    im too lazy to read this entire thread but if no one suggested this then I'mma say,

wouldn't it be better to showcase a few world for a whole week together? that'll be so much better
    This can be a valid solution; any sort of decrease in frequency can be beneficial. WOTW is just of a similar periodicity to WOTD (daily, weekly, [fortnightly], monthly, yearly, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    You are not restricted to WOTDs for discovering and playing worlds.

THANK YOU.

Default My opinion!

It’s awesome to see that this many wants wotw in my opinion wotd is great so everyone can get the opportunity to have a wotd! And it’s nice to see that everyone puts effort on wotds.

GrowID ContactSupport708
    Instagram contact.gt

Growtopia since 2013 February

-New Forum account.

Quote Originally Posted by Solory.GT View Post
    And it’s nice to see that everyone puts effort on wotds.
    I mean, I can hardly see that, which is one of the main reasons I want WOTWs to exist.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

You are not restricted to WOTDs for discovering and playing worlds..
    That IS true, you could find lots of wonderful worlds out there that aren't necessarily WOTDs, but people tend to believe that WOTDs are the certified or verified forms of worlds, there's also company, you're (usually) not alone when playing a WOTD which makes WOTDs more and more amazing, discussing WOTDs with friends is also a fun thing to do. For me, one world per day is all I need, unless the worlds are bad.
    And this is why this thread was made, poor quality WOTDs (which are the case here) are ruining this experience I was talking about. I support this idea nonetheless because as I said earlier, I'd rather have quality worlds over crappy worlds no matter the cost.
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

I mean, I can hardly see that, which is one of the main reasons I want WOTWs to exist.
    People do put effort into their worlds, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they will always be great worlds.

That IS true, you could find lots of wonderful worlds out there that aren't necessarily WOTDs, but people tend to believe that WOTDs are the certified or verified forms of worlds, there's also company, you're (usually) not alone when playing a WOTD which makes WOTDs more and more amazing, discussing WOTDs with friends is also a fun thing to do. For me, one world per day is all I need, unless the worlds are bad.
    And this is why this thread was made, poor quality WOTDs (which are the case here) are ruining this experience I was talking about. I support this idea nonetheless because as I said earlier, I'd rather have quality worlds over crappy worlds no matter the cost.
    WOTD attendance is poor. More or less 1-12 people at prime times, and mostly 1-5 all day round.

No,they will make WOTD trophy price rising like growie award
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Mau liat org tolol?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfreak10 View Post
    Make it untradeable
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Warfreak10 View Post
    Additionally, the price should not be of concern. The Legendary Dragon quest is already a joke compared to the price of the others for it underperforms in being a sign of "legendary" since most go for it for a cheap legendary quest completion and sell it off afterwards. Many other legendary quests have rare and somewhat pricey items required for step completions - VOTW (hey, this is also a weekly competition!), Golden Dragon Statue (hey, this is a monthly competition!), Summer Event Player Medal: Gold (hey, this is a yearly personal reward!). Trophies being step requirements in the first place is stupid. Having the Legendary Dragon's price be further in line with the other legendary quest costs would possibly help it out.
    no, price shouldn't be of concern