Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Merged] Guardian applications

Quote Originally Posted by zLordFlameZ View Post
    People don't farm because level has no benefit other than some vanity items (and sponsoring if you're rich enough for that).
    People don't become guardians to benefit, they become guardians to help. Farming helps nobody.
    farming still proves you can endure that much work because getting to level 60 does indeed take a long time but the more years you've been into the game, the more your level should be eventually. if you compare the effort of farming to the work a Game Guardian has to do, the difference should be quite huge, and being lazy might have negative influences on your work
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

Default Guardian Application Question

I noticed that one requirement is you gotta be level 60 or higher. Would it possible to be considered still? I never grind often so i'm still at my level 53. I well surpass the other requirements such as age, years played (almost 6 years) and being active. But then again I understand there has to be rules and restrictions but doesn't hurt to ask.
    IGN: ToolHead
    (Old usernames: unkn0wngun3r,automotive,victor3615)
    Discord: Guner#7751
    It seems like pain and regret are your best friends.

hoes mad

Level 60 is actually such a joke considering how easy farming is these days it doesn't take more than a month of dedication

Should've just went with level 90-100 instead & 3 years playing achievement
    Because else whats the point of adding people who only have one to two years of game experience/knowledge; that way the actual worthy people would be designated much more easily
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Level 60 is actually such a joke considering how easy farming is these days it doesn't take more than a month of dedication

Should've just went with level 90-100 instead & 3 years playing achievement
    Because else whats the point of adding people who only have one to two years of game experience/knowledge; that way the actual worthy people would be designated much more easily
    looks at autofarmers But really I don't think level matters, rather years of experience. Like it would be better to make playing a year or two a requirement in knowing the game enough than level....
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Well, Ayame stated it will last for 3 days, but on the official site it states "Make sure to submit your application until December 10th - one application per player only!". I'm a bit confused.
    Hi, we're sorry about that, it was a typo. It's corrected now, you do have 3 days from today to submit your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Looked at some of the questions, some were badly phrase or just plain weird.
    Based on what I just saw, I think the applications were rushed through when made and without considering much, just my opinion...
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Does getting banned 2 years ago still count as not ban free
    IGN: HaxFrNubz

Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    I wish i could go back in time with a time machine ......

Quote Originally Posted by ezereal View Post
    looks at autofarmers But really I don't think level matters, rather years of experience. Like it would be better to make playing a year or two a requirement in knowing the game enough than level....
    Level gives you a sense of experience into what the player has been doing in the game; may it be just socializing, fine, but if you don't know anything about the game, what would be the point to have somebody as guardian who keeps asking questions about every single feature of the game they don't know of? These people are also possible candidates for being moderators so obviously experience is required and should not be something players who have hardly explored the game should even consider engaging into.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Sumotravis30 View Post
    IMO, I see a point in something like mentioning the need of a level 60 requirement, perhaps it's this:

1. The staff team expects someone that is highly committed. If one is unable to stay committed to something simple and repetitive like breaking blocks for an extended period of time, then they probably won't appreciate you doing the same like you did to breaking blocks in being a Guardian, even if you're highly motivated.

2. They intentionally set the level 60 requirement so that maybe the next time you applied for Guardian when you met the requirement, they would look through your posts of complaining about it, heck maybe even a rant, which could show a bit of unprofessionalism that isn't appreciated by the staff team, hence hurting your chances in being accepted, since that kinda implies that you are...um...well....whining (for I can't think of a better word to use) like a person with an 'immature' mind.

oh and yes, I would also like to acknowledge the bias that could have been included as a level 63 Growtopian, so if you noticed it, then please accept my apology.
    I may be biased a bit too but I do agree with this post.

Also I wanted to add to the question about people asking "How would we confirm someone's age". There are multiple ways to confirm it. You can either get in to a voice chat with the person and hear it by their voice (But that is inconsistent).

Yes, I know there can be people who have an "adult" sounding voice even at the age lower than 16. Another way is to see just how mature the person is in their recent history of chats and by looking at their general behaviour around others. (That doesn't mean you should look at someone's posts back from 4 years ago and attack them and/or call them out for it, because they might've just been a kid who didn't know what they were doing back then *cough*).

And if all of that fails, they can just check it by getting some personal info about the person like Twitter does it when they close your account. They request that you send a picture of your ID or any papers which validate your age and identity. (Ubisoft is a huge corporation so I don't think they'd steal your personal info and they would probably state that it wouldn't be used for anything outside of just checking if you are who you really are.)

IGN: Superparty
    Level: 74/125

This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
    https://growstocks.xyz/

Well, ppl dm me much about this guardian thing. So one question: What happens to those, who lied age in application? (yes ppl already does it, cause after all, they are kids and they think that they are smarter than others and they can fool the system). If you pick one of them and they get caught what happens to them? They caused more work for ubiteam so i assume there will be punishments, but what? They can't apply ever again? They get short ban? They get nothing? What i should tell to them?
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Level gives you a sense of experience into what the player has been doing in the game; may it be just socializing, fine, but if you don't know anything about the game, what would be the point to have somebody as guardian who keeps asking questions about every single feature of the game they don't know of? These people are also possible candidates for being moderators so obviously experience is required and should not be something players who have hardly explored the game should even consider engaging into.
    yes but it is flawed, in a certain way like 60 isn't too high but I have seen very experienced business players, who really are qualified to apply based on attitude etc. Yet there are autobreakers. But also if you socialize, chances are you should know the game, like building stuff, splicing recipes, the rules and growtopia code etc. I think years and hours played are more important, and I think would be a better criteria for a authority figure who is supposed to help the community. Like Business people can be committed too, not just farmers right?
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Surely there’s a way they’ll find out your age, I don’t think they’ll just pick someone without verifying if they really meet all the requirements. We’re not sure on how they’ll find it out, but they’re taking this seriously enough to not miss out on informations like these.
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Discord: Winwood#3315
    IG: Winwoodgt
    IGN: Winwood