Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Winterfest (Mobile & PC)

Thank you for the dirt prize

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Only odd-numbered levels have visual effects. Level 1 gives the default, level 3 gives the jumping sprites, level 5 gives the orbiting object. You'll have to wait for level 7 for a new visual.
    Actually each levels has different effects for all ancestrals. Example from Ancestral Lens of Riches;

Level 1= Default
    Level 2= Golden Monocle change
    Level 3= Floating yellow gems
    Level 4= Golden Monocle has two frame.
    Level 5= Orbiting object
    Level 6= Nothing?
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 12-12-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Yes, they has no visual effects. Just %1 more luck to current boosts. Most of players just making these ancestrals because of visual effects, I hope developers can add visualeffects to them with next update.
    I feel bad for you for what you had to do to find that out
    Retired poster

ffs can u remove the updating item data thingy

once i reach 7 i disconnect and i have to do it ALL over again

also this seals thingy sucks, stop raking out for profit ubisoft. we want real update, FREE ones and not pay2win
    I'm yet to be weird, same goes to others.

IGN : iCreace | Discord : weird#3325

"An idot growtopian with weird dreams!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

Hello! Regarding the Royal Winter Seals, we're definitely listening and watching. This is a tough one, because it's balanced under the assumption that you'll need 14 days of major effort to collect enough Seals on your own, with free sources being the cracker-based events, random events, Daily Quests, and in-game community-driven events (our team is going to be giving out lots of Seals in-game over the coming days!)... and on the other hand, you have the upfront Store purchases as a quick shortcut to all of it.

This is similar to the Season Clash and the ability to buy tokens in the store, for which we caught a good bit of flak, as well. That was a bit less problematic, however, as the full weight of activity was balanced across multiple months, whereas here we only have 14 days. As before, we've tried to balance things to provide a healthy challenge for those who want to go it without paying and a good feeling for those who don't, but it's always a delicate thing. In most F2P games - the good ones, at least - money should simply be a shortcut in terms of time, never a means of acquiring something you couldn't get otherwise, and we've tried to follow that logic here.

I understand your concerns and frustration, however, especially with the clear and uncomplicated Store IAP path right in front of you and a much more ambiguous field of random events and in-game community handouts representing the alternative route. We know - and love! - that Growtopia lives or dies based on its community, so we will be keeping a very close eye on the Royal Winter Wonders system and its seals. In many ways, it's an experiment, from the rewards it offers to the means of achieving them, and the best experiments have clear results and outcomes, which is what we want here.

You guys matter, and we will be watching and acting on how progress goes across the community (for payers and non-payers alike) when it comes to the Royal Winter Wonders. We need to see how things go with all the pieces in place, and that includes several days of activity as well as the impact of our in-game community events, which should be starting early next week, so stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Hello! Regarding the Royal Winter Seals, we're definitely listening and watching. This is a tough one, because it's balanced under the assumption that you'll need 14 days of major effort to collect enough Seals on your own, with free sources being the cracker-based events, random events, Daily Quests, and in-game community-driven events (our team is going to be giving out lots of Seals in-game over the coming days!)... and on the other hand, you have the upfront Store purchases as a quick shortcut to all of it.
    well sorry to say your assumption is wrong
    - random events are too randomly based on luck
    - daily quests (contributes less than 1/12 of the highest reward)
    - in game community driven events (not everyone would be able to attend this events and it is always full)

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

This is similar to the Season Clash and the ability to buy tokens in the store, for which we caught a good bit of flak, as well. That was a bit less problematic, however, as the full weight of activity was balanced across multiple months, whereas here we only have 14 days. As before, we've tried to balance things to provide a healthy challenge for those who want to go it without paying and a good feeling for those who don't, but it's always a delicate thing. In most F2P games - the good ones, at least - money should simply be a shortcut in terms of time, never a means of acquiring something you couldn't get otherwise, and we've tried to follow that logic here.

I understand your concerns and frustration, however, especially with the clear and uncomplicated Store IAP path right in front of you and a much more ambiguous field of random events and in-game community handouts representing the alternative route. We know - and love! - that Growtopia lives or dies based on its community, so we will be keeping a very close eye on the Royal Winter Wonders system and its seals. In many ways, it's an experiment, from the rewards it offers to the means of achieving them, and the best experiments have clear results and outcomes, which is what we want here.

You guys matter, and we will be watching and acting on how progress goes across the community (for payers and non-payers alike) when it comes to the Royal Winter Wonders. We need to see how things go with all the pieces in place, and that includes several days of activity as well as the impact of our in-game community events, which should be starting early next week, so stay tuned!
    It'd be fun if they were drops from actual activities. Events that spawn items in a world are monotonous and boring, if they were awarded similarly to Tree Decorations, that is from Surgery, etc. people would be less frustrated.

While a grind is good, balancing with a 14-day hardcore grind in mind isn't sustainable, as we witnessed with the first iteration of Guild Events where players farmed for 72 hours straight to climb the ranks.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Lesser Wizard

Default Seals...

Spent 60 WORLD LOCKS and got 205 seals.... this game is just soooo annoying like im aiming for 9 k seals so does that mean that i have to spend 27 dls on them?..... bruh moment
    IGN: 46s

Avocados Feel free to donate, my donate box is at jacobsp!

Make it x5 winter seal so i cam buy it

Master Sorcerer

yeah...

all I wanted was to upgrade my ances

but looks like itll cost me the same from level 1-5 to get from level 5-6 (like 10 dls more if I need items to upgrade it also)

Lesser Wizard

Because, it is kinda hard that most people try to achive that level that you can upgrade ur ances to level 6... but if it costs 30 ish dls to get to that level... IS IT WORTH IT ?

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    yeah...

all I wanted was to upgrade my ances

but looks like itll cost me the same from level 1-5 to get from level 5-6 (like 10 dls more if I need items to upgrade it also)
    Oh also i saw the ances (blue one) level 6... NOTHING CHANGET cosmetically idk did the block drop chance even increase... thats just weak