Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Winterfest (Mobile & PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Hello! Regarding the Royal Winter Seals, we're definitely listening and watching. This is a tough one, because it's balanced under the assumption that you'll need 14 days of major effort to collect enough Seals on your own, with free sources being the cracker-based events, random events, Daily Quests, and in-game community-driven events (our team is going to be giving out lots of Seals in-game over the coming days!)... and on the other hand, you have the upfront Store purchases as a quick shortcut to all of it.

This is similar to the Season Clash and the ability to buy tokens in the store, for which we caught a good bit of flak, as well. That was a bit less problematic, however, as the full weight of activity was balanced across multiple months, whereas here we only have 14 days. As before, we've tried to balance things to provide a healthy challenge for those who want to go it without paying and a good feeling for those who don't, but it's always a delicate thing. In most F2P games - the good ones, at least - money should simply be a shortcut in terms of time, never a means of acquiring something you couldn't get otherwise, and we've tried to follow that logic here.

I understand your concerns and frustration, however, especially with the clear and uncomplicated Store IAP path right in front of you and a much more ambiguous field of random events and in-game community handouts representing the alternative route. We know - and love! - that Growtopia lives or dies based on its community, so we will be keeping a very close eye on the Royal Winter Wonders system and its seals. In many ways, it's an experiment, from the rewards it offers to the means of achieving them, and the best experiments have clear results and outcomes, which is what we want here.

You guys matter, and we will be watching and acting on how progress goes across the community (for payers and non-payers alike) when it comes to the Royal Winter Wonders. We need to see how things go with all the pieces in place, and that includes several days of activity as well as the impact of our in-game community events, which should be starting early next week, so stay tuned!
    Here are a few things: you only get 50 tokens for the daily quest. that's 700 over the course of two weeks assuming they are even realistically doable. 700 tokens are what, 5% of what's needed for maxing, and realistically a max of 10 daily quests will actually be doable by most people.

the fact that 5$ worth of gems is equivalent to the only non-absurd way to gain these tokens is absurd, 14 days worth of daily quests =/= 5$ of gems.

Additionally, the whole idea of spamming crackers is terrible, when you use about 200 crackers you get an average of 200 seals assuming that you collect them all. 40 seal events with each of them taking 30 seconds are approx 15 minutes per set of 200 seals.

200 seals multiplied by the 60 times you would need to repeat this is over 15 hours of nothing but clicking and collecting. This might not seem too unreasonable but this completely excludes the countless hours and world locks it would take to get anywhere near this amount of winterfest crackers. Realistically we are looking at 30-40hours of work for something that is event exclusive and has no real viable alternatives.

My other question is why lock a core aspect of a game such as ancestral items behind a once a year event? It does not make sense to be forced to wait a year if you don't complete a task during this short two week period.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Lesser Wizard

Exclamation

Hello! Regarding the Royal Winter Seals, we're definitely listening and watching. This is a tough one, because it's balanced under the assumption that you'll need 14 days of major effort to collect enough Seals on your own, with free sources being the cracker-based events, random events, Daily Quests, and in-game community-driven events (our team is going to be giving out lots of Seals in-game over the coming days!)... and on the other hand, you have the upfront Store purchases as a quick shortcut to all of it.

This is similar to the Season Clash and the ability to buy tokens in the store, for which we caught a good bit of flak, as well. That was a bit less problematic, however, as the full weight of activity was balanced across multiple months, whereas here we only have 14 days. As before, we've tried to balance things to provide a healthy challenge for those who want to go it without paying and a good feeling for those who don't, but it's always a delicate thing. In most F2P games - the good ones, at least - money should simply be a shortcut in terms of time, never a means of acquiring something you couldn't get otherwise, and we've tried to follow that logic here.

I understand your concerns and frustration, however, especially with the clear and uncomplicated Store IAP path right in front of you and a much more ambiguous field of random events and in-game community handouts representing the alternative route. We know - and love! - that Growtopia lives or dies based on its community, so we will be keeping a very close eye on the Royal Winter Wonders system and its seals. In many ways, it's an experiment, from the rewards it offers to the means of achieving them, and the best experiments have clear results and outcomes, which is what we want here.

You guys matter, and we will be watching and acting on how progress goes across the community (for payers and non-payers alike) when it comes to the Royal Winter Wonders. We need to see how things go with all the pieces in place, and that includes several days of activity as well as the impact of our in-game community events, which should be starting early next week, so stay tuned!

It would have been a lot less of backlash if the required points were lowered, from 12000 as the final to maybe 9000 or 10000. The daily quests and all the other ways we can earn them should be buffed more because of how bad the RNG in crackers can get, especially if one's luck sucks...
    Thing is, some people will have spend the money within today and tomorrow so that they can immediately hit 12000points... if it was lowered and the person happened to go all out with money, how will he get back his money that he spent after finding how that the points are lowered down. I can't say who will be in that situation but all I know he or she will be damn pissed about this.

just gonna put my wallet back i my pocket.....
    V I J U T I M E

will you be adding an effect on level 6 ancestrals? seems quite lame that getting level 6 is such an effort yet it doesn't reward you with any cool visuals

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Currently it's absolutely not worth to upgrade. It's just %1 more boost without any change. But we have no choice, it's yearly event and if they add effect or level 7 to ancestrals. You have to wait one year for it.

ikr... plus think about the final cost because first 30 dls on seals and then 16 dls on crystallised realitys with the blue ances... worth it... haha
    IGN: 46s

Avocados Feel free to donate, my donate box is at jacobsp!

What was the point in this just backing the fact your making money? wow ur gonna give some away community driven no sorry you have not even listened to us as a community who drive your game.

Make it similar too tree decorations make it grind able 14 days of doing events for 5 each time no thank you what a waste of time reading up on and even trying to get through to you lot
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 66
    Gems: 342k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Thumbs down

Notice how "In-App Purchases" has been specially highlighted.
    This kind of proves to me how the entire update revolves around milking growtopia.
    "Random events" to earn seals without spending money? What a joke!
    Please don't give the devs a reason to repeat this.
    Don't buy any store items!

Name:  2019-12-12 19_33_22-Growtopia.png
Views: 198
Size:  53.1 KB

Even if this would be re-balanced later on, what about those, who already had spent big amount of real money to get enough seals? It wouldn't be fair either. So if re-balancing is gonna happen, it should be soon.
    GOALS:
    Lvl 125
    Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10
    Legend: 0/3
    Ach: 121/161
    Epic: 18/32
    Ances: Riches 5, Dimensions 5
    Gems: 38/25 mil

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, 3RDROCK etc.

Ig: pinuskigt

Default About Royal Winter Seal

Idk will Ubisoft adding more event to obtain Royal Winter Seal
    I've tested 200 cracker and i got around 230 seal and it take around 30-45 minutes
    imagine 12000 seal it will take like 30-40 hours to done if u dont bought gem from IAP
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Quote Originally Posted by Minamori View Post
    Idk will Ubisoft adding more event to obtain Royal Winter Seal
    I've tested 200 cracker and i got around 230 seal and it take around 30-45 minutes
    imagine 12000 seal it will take like 30-40 hours to done if u dont bought gem from IAP
    Actually ı made 4k points in 110 Minutes with using Crackers.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

I feel like Winter Royale Wonders and Crackers cover the whole Winterfest magic. Or it’s just happend to me
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    This kind of proves to me how the entire update revolves around milking growtopia.

They know what there doing it's pathetic and shouldnt be in our game
    TRUE OG

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post

This, also keep note no one is going to spend 6 hours a day during the holiday farming for this stuff.

Very disappointing. I left this game about 2 months ago, and came back to talk with some old friends and I'm not surprised that the game is even more pay to win. This is a huge turn off to me, and I wish you guys wouldn't focus on money so much.
    PC/Mobile IGN: ShadowGraal
    Discord: SGE1#6261
    Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
    Legendary Dragon Owner
    Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    This, also keep note no one is going to spend 6 hours a day during the holiday farming for this stuff.
    They know what there doing trust me
    TRUE OG

Default seal is pay is really to win?

pay to win or not it's dosn't matter
    its dev choice they need money to pay staff,server, and etc
    just look @ other dev game, almost all is premium game, which u must buy game before playing
    or free game with loaded with IAP or paid DLC

but for this game, dev choice to minimalize IAP or paid DLC

u can pay to get seal, u can earn free seal in game it's your choice

because allmost item in game u can get it for free,

you dont need pay to play this game

and you want best item in "free" game without decent effort?

yeah, there is many ppl do buying gems or supporter with "RLM", but its their choice

this game never force u to using "RLM", and u can still have fun with this game

LOL my tittle is absurd (just realize after post it) /fp sorry typo

can someone donate ANCIENT ALTAR or DNA EXTRACTOR @myslfarm ?????

Lesser Wizard

Default Royal Winter Power Mod

The royal winter power mod grants double jump and slow fall. Interesting, but when will that mod end?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf1234_gt View Post
    The royal winter power mod grants double jump and slow fall. Interesting, but when will that mod end?
    After Winterfest and after they take your money
    TRUE OG

How about Tossing a Royal Winter Seal on stuff for toys
    it will depend on amount and rarity
    this will be good for the sake of the broken farmable economy

IGN: EuryX
    Double click the letter r

Free BFG @ EURYBFG

How to Advertise your World on a Silent World ?
    Click me and Read Here!

Quote Originally Posted by kelek ulo View Post
    pay to win or not it's dosn't matter
    its dev choice they need money to pay staff,server, and etc
    just look @ other dev game, almost all is premium game, which u must buy game before playing
    or free game with loaded with IAP or paid DLC

but for this game, dev choice to minimalize IAP or paid DLC

u can pay to get seal, u can earn free seal in game it's your choice

because allmost item in game u can get it for free,

you dont need pay to play this game

and you want best item in "free" game without decent effort?

yeah, there is many ppl do buying gems or supporter with "RLM", but its their choice

this game never force u to using "RLM", and u can still have fun with this game

LOL my tittle is absurd (just realize after post it) /fp sorry typo
    u call what others are doing to get the seals "decent effort", i'd call more more than decent. the game never forces you to use "RLM", but it's leading you to that option.

royal locked trade world owners are big dumb
    don't change my mind