Thread: Device bans are bs

Default Device bans are bs

My pc was recently banned because of an account I don't even know the owner of. I'm not sharing my device but support refuses to do anything about it and says to wait it out. This is completely retarded since I could still play on my phone if I wanted to do so and the pc ban is just a nuisance, although a rather huge one. Supposedly this is to prevent scammers from playing on new accounts upon getting banned. I can see why this is the case but there's no excuse for not removing my ban as I didn't break any rules and nobody else has access to my pc. Furthermore, scammers can simply change their GUID and play again. I won't be doing that as it might screw up other, much more important things and may not even be entirely legal. Gt simply isn't worth it. I'm trying to talk to support but I'm not expecting anything.

It's sad seeing a game treat its players like this. I've had a clean record since I started nearly five years ago. I won't be playing this on another devices, it's not worth the trouble. I suppose I should be thankful for this, it's a reason to stop wasting my life with gt. Honestly I'm not sure why they told me to wait it out since it's a two year ban and if I can go two years without gt I can go forever without gt. Nevermind, I do... copy pasted the same generic reply.

Posting in tavern since clearly nobody cares about changing the ban system or helping people anyways.
    Last edited by zLordFlameZ; 12-12-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    My pc got banned for no reason at all.
    To all my friends: It's been fun. Goodbye.
    I might still occasionally play on my phone but it's just not fun. The’re not making me unable to play, they’re making me not want to.

Master Sorcerer

goodbye have fun doing other stuff

lol.
    your device is banned, not your ip, idk if people get false device banned, but people get false ip banned all the time.
    device bans aren't that simple. as you can play on your phone...

one last attempt (although you probably already tried, is to reset your device...

otherwise there is other ways you could unban your device, although I would suggest against it.
    GUID?
    whats that
    I know HWID

Quote Originally Posted by MystZ View Post
    one last attempt (although you probably already tried, is to reset your device...

GUID?
    whats that
    I'm not resetting my device for growtopia, it's not worth the trouble. GUID stands for global unique ID and is supposedly what GT device bans are based on, though I have no real knowledge of this. Just something I heard.
    My pc got banned for no reason at all.
    To all my friends: It's been fun. Goodbye.
    I might still occasionally play on my phone but it's just not fun. The’re not making me unable to play, they’re making me not want to.