Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 48

Thread: Time to nerf the Royal Lock

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,165

    Default Time to nerf the Royal Lock

    Royal Locks over the past year has affected the economy in some way that BUY+ world owners has taken advantage over it. Last April, they refused to nerf these Royal Locks and instead added a new feature: Billboards.

    If you nerfed the Raymans before, you shall nerf Royal Locks too. Since there's the new Captcha feature for already months, it's time to nerf Royal Locks for some owners are taking advantage over it and using their world for personal profits and not the actual purpose itself, trading. Isn't the rainbow effect enough?

    Edit: I meant remove the silence feature.

    Let me know your thoughts about this.
    Last edited by JimIzPro; 12-15-2019 at 01:12 PM.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    I think the Billboard update has sort of counteract the Royal locks. Though, lacking the normal way to socialise and voice out your opinion to buy items, I think it’s fair. Yes, you could argue that it will inflate prices and stuff, but it has been happening ever since Growtopia came about. Nerfing Royal locks - what do you mean? What are your suggestions? Removing Royal locks in game will not completely solve the whole price inflation or unfairness in game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    + Nerfing/removing Royal locks in game is just trying to force players; typically traders to find other means to basically shut players up. They could just ban players who don’t follow their regulations in their world (just an example). If you’re unhappy, just find other worlds to trade in, simple as that.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Tlaloc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    42.4347° N, 83.9850° W
    Posts
    2,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    I think the Billboard update has sort of counteract the Royal locks. Though, lacking the normal way to socialise and voice out your opinion to buy items, I think it’s fair. Yes, you could argue that it will inflate prices and stuff, but it has been happening ever since Growtopia came about. Nerfing Royal locks - what do you mean? What are your suggestions? Removing Royal locks in game will not completely solve the whole price inflation or unfairness in game.
    I think what OP wants to happen to royal locks is the silencing feature to be removed, as it completely breaks apart trade negotiations.

    As for the billboard update, it's only useful for sellers, because there isn't an equivalent for buyers.

    IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 94 / 125
    900,000 gems / 1,000,000
    Steam
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    I would like the community to police itself on this issue. If enough people choose to use alternative trade world's when they see a royal lock the problem would solve itself.

    Nobody is forced to trade in worlds with Royal Locks. The message will get sent when the worlds sit empty. Put out the PSA to not trade in any world with a Royal Lock.

    The community has all the power.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    I think the Billboard update has sort of counteract the Royal locks. Though, lacking the normal way to socialise and voice out your opinion to buy items, I think it’s fair. Yes, you could argue that it will inflate prices and stuff, but it has been happening ever since Growtopia came about. Nerfing Royal locks - what do you mean? What are your suggestions? Removing Royal locks in game will not completely solve the whole price inflation or unfairness in game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    + Nerfing/removing Royal locks in game is just trying to force players; typically traders to find other means to basically shut players up. They could just ban players who don’t follow their regulations in their world (just an example). If you’re unhappy, just find other worlds to trade in, simple as that.
    Nerfing by removing the mute feature.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I would like the community to police itself on this issue. If enough people choose to use alternative trade world's when they see a royal lock the problem would solve itself.

    Nobody is forced to trade in worlds with Royal Locks. The message will get sent when the worlds sit empty. Put out the PSA to not trade in any world with a Royal Lock.

    The community has all the power.
    However, some players won't know which world to use as an "alternative" except those world with (s) because there are instances that there are no people there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc1 View Post
    I think what OP wants to happen to royal locks is the silencing feature to be removed, as it completely breaks apart trade negotiations.

    As for the billboard update, it's only useful for sellers, because there isn't an equivalent for buyers.
    Yes, sorry for not being specific.

    The billboard update is also only for supporters, leaving the nons behind.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    You use a common tag like NRL. So if a trade world has a royal lock and you make an alternate world with NRL at the end if the name with no royal lock in the world. Eventually it will be common knowledge and common practice.

    Alternatively you make one world to replace and represent any world that has a royal lock in it and make it common knowledge you use this world to boycott any trade world with a Royal Lock.

    I know it's not the best plan but it is a definite solution to boycotting Royal Lock trade world's. If enough people care about the situation they will participate.

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Royal lock killed Mass producing

    > Now almost all mass item worlds royal locked for just one player(owner) profit.
    > BUYCUTAWAY / BUYDRAGONGATE / BUYDGATE / BUYGLOWY / BUYCHEST / BUYCOUCH and tons more... thousands of players just stopped massing these items because of royal locked worlds.


    Really need to do something about this royal lock, even Billboard thing didn't helped to this. In old days thousands of players became rich by just doing mass items. But now royal lock came to growtopia and its killed thousands of players fun and profit for owner profit.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer EerieGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    678

    Default

    First of all profiting etc. isn't illegal, rather it's one of the main aspects of the game. As you get richer and richer new ways to profit become available some of them being the buy+ worlds. And taking advantage and putting the items available to use isn't something illegal either, it depends on the person wether they want to do it or not and you can't say anything about it. (Would you argue about someone trying to trade profit as well?)

    Plus with the addition of billboards people can still sell the items and they can use the msgs to negotiate prices.

    Also as some people above me already mentioned nobody is forcing you to trade in these worlds. You might as well bc/sb , post what you buy/sell on the forums and still get your job done.

    You mentioned that they nerfed the raymans fist, even though they didn't. Thus by posting false facts you make your point even less valid.

    In conclusion this game is all about profit and as long as it isn't achieved by illegal means , it's fine. You can't just nerf everything just because you don't like it.
    IGN:EerieGt

    Level:65

    Discord: EerieGt#5836

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    The community has all the power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I know it's not the best plan but it is a definite solution to boycotting Royal Lock trade world's. If enough people care about the situation they will participate.
    I agree on most of what he said. There has been a solution already, it's not just given that much thought by the community.

    I still remember the time when people were too bothered by the RL in BUYCRYSTAL that someone attempted to overthrow it. The guy made BUYCRYSTAL1 (I think) and tried to boycott BUYCRYSTAL by advertising that his world is not RLocked and traders should move there. Though, since the billboard came and after some time the traders figured out ways to communicate and adapt to the RL, BUYCRYSTAL is still a stable marketplace. And not in anyway did the RL ever harmed the economy for crystals.

    The alternate world is the best solution. Just with enough support it can succeed. At one point, BUYPEPPER is nothing but an RLocked vend world. Which in turn gave way for BUYPEPER to rose (the world is not RL and seems to have stable number of visits). Then some time later BUYPEPPER decided to link to a spot vend. (Disclaimer: this is my claim as an observer, I do not exactly know how BUYPEPER came to be)

    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Royal lock killed Mass producing

    > Now almost all mass item worlds royal locked for just one player(owner) profit.
    > BUYCUTAWAY / BUYDRAGONGATE / BUYDGATE / BUYGLOWY / BUYCHEST / BUYCOUCH and tons more... thousands of players just stopped massing these items because of royal locked worlds.


    Really need to do something about this royal lock, even Billboard thing didn't helped to this. In old days thousands of players became rich by just doing mass items. But now royal lock came to growtopia and its killed thousands of players fun and profit for owner profit.
    What killed mass production is the accessibility of item recipes which made the market less profitable. So I'll instead blame it more on SSP and RSP.

    A buyer would instead check other related BUY/SELL+ world with cheaper vends or public boards for cheaper sellers than buy from those RLocked worlds. Unless, otherwise monopolized. So RL played a very little role in killing mass production.
    IGN: CandleJack

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    First of all profiting etc. isn't illegal, rather it's one of the main aspects of the game. As you get richer and richer new ways to profit become available some of them being the buy+ worlds. And taking advantage and putting the items available to use isn't something illegal either, it depends on the person wether they want to do it or not and you can't say anything about it. (Would you argue about someone trying to trade profit as well?)

    Plus with the addition of billboards people can still sell the items and they can use the msgs to negotiate prices.

    Also as some people above me already mentioned nobody is forcing you to trade in these worlds. You might as well bc/sb , post what you buy/sell on the forums and still get your job done.

    You mentioned that they nerfed the raymans fist, even though they didn't. Thus by posting false facts you make your point even less valid.

    In conclusion this game is all about profit and as long as it isn't achieved by illegal means , it's fine. You can't just nerf everything just because you don't like it.
    I understand that it's fine, it just defeats the main purpose of a trade world

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    You use a common tag like NRL. So if a trade world has a royal lock and you make an alternate world with NRL at the end if the name with no royal lock in the world. Eventually it will be common knowledge and common practice.

    Alternatively you make one world to replace and represent any world that has a royal lock in it and make it common knowledge you use this world to boycott any trade world with a Royal Lock.

    I know it's not the best plan but it is a definite solution to boycotting Royal Lock trade world's. If enough people care about the situation they will participate.
    I didn't know that NRL was thing neither, lol.

    Founder of GrowTube | Film Director of Growtopia | Growtopia Journalist
    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    ... And taking advantage and putting the items available to use isn't something illegal either, it depends on the person wether they want to do it or not and you can't say anything about it.

    ... You can't just nerf everything just because you don't like it.
    Agree with this.

    I too find that some RLocked world is a pain in the ass.

    But we shouldn't blame it on some item or the game because the community decided these systems (where to trade...).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    I understand that it's fine, it just defeats the main purpose of a trade world.
    I believe if a world owner decided that his/her world is RLocked and has nothing else but vending machines then it's a vend world and not a trade world. So go find somewhere else to trade.
    IGN: CandleJack

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    I don't think that the royal lock should be nerfed.
    Instead one should be able to both display the intent of selling and buying an item using a bulletin board, perhaps allowing items displayed in display blocks to be chosen as well.
    Buy+ worlds with high regular traffic should instead be regulated. They should have no more than 1 chained link, no fossil grinders and an easily acessible trading area.
    Too many popular worlds are extremely hazardous for the game. Who wants to put up with it?
    If I was new to the game and I'd have to sell my crystals during carnival in a tiny vend infested area shared with tons of other players like some poultry farming chicken I'd simply quit the game and play something else. As simple as that.
    The developers really need to shift their focus even more to fixing pressing issues in-depth.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •