Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Many People Getting Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    I accidently clicked on a disguised link in the Growtopia Wiki and now I'm worried.
    Ooen ur antivirus and check if you downloaded a keylogger

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet

My english is deteriotiating :[

Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    Ooen ur antivirus and check if you downloaded a keylogger
    I'm using Linux so I don't have antivirus. Not because I think Linux is completely immune to viruses, but because I can't find any reasonable ones.

Anyway I think the person who put the link just wanted to advertise his webpage cuz the website the link leaded to is something like an Indonesian version of lifehacker.com
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    I'm using Linux so I don't have antivirus. Not because I think Linux is completely immune to viruses, but because I can't find any reasonable ones.

Anyway I think the person who put the link just wanted to advertise his webpage cuz the website the link leaded to is something like an Indonesian version of lifehacker.com
    If thats the case, just keep looking for a good antivirus.
    Lets hope thats his intention

here is how i think people got hacked, despite having aap and all that.

So first, they make a brute force password logger, so it will just keep putting passwords and spam the login button till it clicks and the acc is logged in, if AAP is on, then use a MAC editor and just find the ip that matches.... Im not sure myself, but I suspect this to be a cause.
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Quote Originally Posted by ezereal View Post
    here is how i think people got hacked, despite having aap and all that.

So first, they make a brute force password logger, so it will just keep putting passwords and spam the login button till it clicks and the acc is logged in, if AAP is on, then use a MAC editor and just find the ip that matches.... Im not sure myself, but I suspect this to be a cause.
    Those things exist?!
    Wow....

Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    I'm pretty sure atleast 2/3 of them had it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, do this. Your email is FAR more valuable information than your Growtopia account.
    If you're not completely sure that they had AAP on, you shouldn't say they do. This would make it difficult for any developer trying to fix the issue as they're given false information.
    Retired poster

Random stuff in GOLA

I think this is worth sharing.

I bought a new laptop few days ago and the first thing I did was download Growtopia. To my surprise, I can log in on my new laptop without verifying(there will be a link for you to click on your email if you are logging in on a new device or location). And the day after when I tried to log in it requires me to verify.

Not sure this is related or not but this shouldn't have happened at the first place.
    IGN: ColdB
    I'm a boy but girl hair looks a lot nicer :3

Ok a few things:
    1. The recording thing may not necessarily work. It is very easy to edit videos, and support won't be able to accept this as proof of your items. In fact, they will just refer to the logs - so no need to worry about that.
    2. Often times, people who have been hacked occurs for one of three reasons. The first is that they have a very easy password to guess/gave it away/live with a relative. Second, the person has downloaded a keylogger through some shady Growtopia related download. Third, and most recently, from joining private servers. They are a huge security issue, so it should be evident not to get involved with this stuff.

People aren't "hacked" because we have some supreme top-government hackers looking for Growtopia accounts, nor are general virus downloads targeting accounts (they are more worried about your credit card), it is usually from the few things I had outlined above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    The first is that they have a very easy password to guess/gave it away/live with a relative.
    Yeeet! My password is very long, it is a combination of Small and Capital Letters, Symbols, and Numbers. To keep my account safe and secure.

I also activate my AAP.

I'm so GLAM,
    I sweat GLITTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeios View Post
    Yeeet! My password is very long, it is a combination of Small and Capital Letters, Symbols, and Numbers. To keep my account safe and secure.

I also activate my AAP.
    Actually AAP doesn't secure your accounts from HACKERS. It's just save you from normal players who trying to guess passwords or phishing websites(If you give your password to them).
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Ok a few things:
    1. The recording thing may not necessarily work. It is very easy to edit videos, and support won't be able to accept this as proof of your items. In fact, they will just refer to the logs - so no need to worry about that.
    2. Often times, people who have been hacked occurs for one of three reasons. The first is that they have a very easy password to guess/gave it away/live with a relative. Second, the person has downloaded a keylogger through some shady Growtopia related download. Third, and most recently, from joining private servers. They are a huge security issue, so it should be evident not to get involved with this stuff.

People aren't "hacked" because we have some supreme top-government hackers looking for Growtopia accounts, nor are general virus downloads targeting accounts (they are more worried about your credit card), it is usually from the few things I had outlined above.
    I talked to my I.T teacher about all this last week. He said that websites, if they have the feature or if they want, can log MAC address. Same with private servers as well. Honestly, I played a couple one time, and I eventually found out that moderators of them and the owner can log IP addresses and MAC addresses as well, and the owner can execute .exe files or other things to your computer. It’s also very easy to spoof your Mac address as well. I don’t think you even need a program, you can also do it via windows' "change adapter settings." (i think)

I did also talk with an owner of a private server on all this. We had an interesting conversation about if it's possible that the owner can force RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and take control of your computer. I said that it might be possible, but the person has to have windows professional or enterprise versions of windows and have RDP enabled and/or port 3389 open.

(These are screenshots of Windows defender firewall i took)

https://i.imgur.com/sqtPUoo.png
    https://i.imgur.com/hmnVbYd.png

When I found out that people were getting hacked even with AAP on, my main theory was that the person hijacking the account was using a new or old database breach that happened to the forum some time ago, or they’re using brute forcing techniques followed by spoofing their MAC address. (There are most likely other ways that someone can get a mac address of someone else that I don't know about)

Someone else in this thread already pointed that one out.

And I found out that they (private server owners and growtopia cheat creators) can also steal certain file as well. Specifically the save.dat file, which contains your username and password and can be easily decrypted.

(I have a high interest in security and i'm into all this stuff )

Please do correct me on things if I am wrong.

I have invited many hackers to just do it already since they threaten to do it. Still haven’t been hacked. Been put on a hit list of 20 players a guy was suppose to hack, I said then do it, still hasn’t happened. Players say I have your IP, get ready to be hacked, I say OK, nothing happens. I’m sorry, but the ones being hacked are doing something to open the door to hackers. Maybe .0001% is actually hacked by doing absolutely nothing to compromise their account. I have been a target for years, so I don’t believe players are just randomly hacked.

Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
    Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
    Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
    IGN: Gooseneck Level: 100
    Hours Played: 10,000
    Punched:25.5 million times!
    Guild: Slaves