Thread: Firefighting Plus

Default Firefighting Plus

Firefighting has got to be the most boring feature in Growtopia. Nothing, besides daily life goals and that one epic quest, points you towards firefighting. So why not we make an update dedicated into adding new features to firefighting?

Suggestion No. 1: New Types of Fires

I suggest that there should be different types of fires which all have different properties from one another. Some ideas for new types of fire include:

Intense fire. Blue in color. Harder to extinguish in comparison to regular fires but spreads slower. Spawns in randomly due to some in-game event or perhaps a new item.

Ghostly fire. Ghostly green in color. Flames with the ability to change position randomly throughout the world. Ghostly fire has a small chance in spawning whenever a ghost-in-a-jar trapped in a combustible box catches into flames. When extinguished, there is a chance that a ghost is released.

Electrical fire. Regular fire but with noticeable spark effects. Those who try to extinguish this flame using the regular water hose will take damage or maybe die due to electrocution unless using the full firefighter set.

Highly reactive fire. Golden yellow in color. Fire that spreads with incredible haste and efficiency.

Halfway typing through this and I feel that these flames are somewhat too gamebreaking. What do you think? Feel free to leave criticism, opinions and other ideas.

Suggestion No. 2: New Rescuable Loot

I'm quite tired of getting combustible boxes as the only loot. Why not add some new types of loot obtainable by firefighting?

I was thinking about burnt variants of blocks which is breakable to the public like public lava or garbage blocks. Maybe scrap that "breakable to the public" part.

Maybe a new component which could be rescued and used to create a new item/clother.

Gems however I don't think should be a type of loot. That would break the game's economy much further.

Suggestion No. 3: New Ways of Starting Fires

Imagine cooking a dish and all of the sudden when you're not paying attention, you overcooked your dish. How about making it so that there's a chance that a fire could start? This doesn't just have to stick with cooking, it could be with other things too.

A patient who dies due to their temperature rising too high might cause a fire. Even a new malady related to fire would also be cool too.

Suggestion No. 4: People can be Caught on Fire

People that stand near fires or had fire spawned on them will be caught on fire and would die after a period of time. Makes firefighting much more interesting.
    Last edited by JicinIsInvalid; 12-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.

How about not giving a care for firefighting and leave it be? I'd be happier if they remove the feature altogether without any possible consequences but hey, we don't always get what we want.

royal locked trade world owners are big dumb
    don't change my mind

+1, Firefighting is currently boring, hopefully they'll add this.
    ign : Bundestag
    discord : Phoenix#8204
    ig : @bunder_stags_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    Depression is "Why am I alive" and "Why am I doing this anyways, it's not gonna change anything" and not your stupid "oH No i BRoke UP I HaVE dePRESsi0N"

Man, I forgot that fire figting even existed. +1 to this, i want to see the water hose being used more than just a knockback item.

Quote Originally Posted by Apeiron View Post
    How about not giving a care for
    firefighting and leave it be? I'd be happier if they remove the feature altogether without any possible consequences but hey, we don't always get what we want.
    Its just a suggestion my guy. Suggestions aren't always added, don't worry about that.

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet

My english is deteriotiating :[

Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3

Quote Originally Posted by Apeiron View Post
    How about not giving a care for firefighting and leave it be? I'd be happier if they remove the feature altogether without any possible consequences but hey, we don't always get what we want.
    Noted, I guess my idea is very flawed and destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by JicinIsInvalid View Post
    Noted, I guess my idea is very flawed and destructive.
    there's two people who liked your idea and you just focused on the guy who doesnt like firefighting. If ubi adds this then they'll nerf it, so just go crazy with your ideas.

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: hey_im_eaglet

My english is deteriotiating :[

Pl0x Don8 in EagDonate yes

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    there's two people who liked your idea and you just focused on the guy who doesnt like firefighting. If ubi adds this then they'll nerf it, so just go crazy with your ideas.
    Sorry if I'm being rude. I'm just trying to improve the idea. Whenever ideas that involves death and abilities comes out there happens to be players that can take advantage of the update and eventually exploit it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread, it means a lot. I was in the middle of writing a response to Apeiron and I didn't notice that others had commented on the thread.