Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: Inviting developers to train atleast 5 Apprentices

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    702

    Default Inviting developers to train atleast 5 Apprentices

    Hundreds of posts about 1 to 3 level apprentice limit ignored (We just asked for change it to 1-10), Now inviting developers to train atleast 5 Apprentices and make them level 20 so devs can see how hard is it to do that and maybe, maybeee they can realize it and change to 1-10. Think about doing 500-1000-2000-4000 Apprentices
    Loading...

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    👏I👏agree👏​​​​​​​​​​
    h
    IGN : C21H23NO5


  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer dcArmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Imagine how many mentors will train 4000 apprentices

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcArmy View Post
    Imagine how many mentors will train 4000 apprentices
    not even 1 haha

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    mods still hasn't said anything,

    imagine if they just closed the thread without explanation
    h
    IGN : C21H23NO5


  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    East Pole
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    I agree with this thread.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

    ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    And then you all complain about why the bugs in-game aren't fixed

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    And then you all complain about why the bugs in-game aren't fixed
    LMAO

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer RedyMeosjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Philippines 🇵🇭
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    And then you all complain about why the bugs in-game aren't fixed
    Well, that escalated quickly.

    Also Ubisoft is not forcing us to do the Mentorship stuff and if you don't feel like it, then its your choice to continue or not.
    WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)


    VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)



  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedyMeosjin View Post
    Well, that escalated quickly.

    Also Ubisoft is not forcing us to do the Mentorship stuff and if you don't feel like it, then its your choice to continue or not.
    No one is forcing you to write these comments. Would you still write comments if you had to solve 5 captchas every time you wanted to comment? No?
    Then please stop with those non-arguments. You're not contributing to the discussion.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    737

    Default

    As an active mentor myself, I think adding 5 apprentices a day won´t be of any help.
    Realise there´s a max of 50 apprentices at a time. By adding 5 players a day you will have your max within 10 days. Out of experience I know no real newbie will reach level 20/30 in 10 days.

    Besides that, the apprentices are in need of help. You won´t be able to help 5 apprentices per day time-wise. It usually takes me around 2 hours to learn someone the basics they need to know. Realistically no one will spend 10 hours a day mentoring.

    The problem is in the quantity of apprentices and recruits needed to get the rewards. I'm planning on making a thread anytime soon on detailed information on what to change.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hagie View Post
    As an active mentor myself, I think adding 5 apprentices a day won´t be of any help.
    Realise there´s a max of 50 apprentices at a time. By adding 5 players a day you will have your max within 10 days. Out of experience I know no real newbie will reach level 20/30 in 10 days.

    Besides that, the apprentices are in need of help. You won´t be able to help 5 apprentices per day time-wise. It usually takes me around 2 hours to learn someone the basics they need to know. Realistically no one will spend 10 hours a day mentoring.

    The problem is in the quantity of apprentices and recruits needed to get the rewards. I'm planning on making a thread anytime soon on detailed information on what to change.
    Imo the real problem is the inability to evaluate quality of mentorship.
    Coupled with the new recruiting system and the impossibly high quota this has become a recruiting program instead of a mentorship program targeted towards assisting and guiding newer players, which is fine, but the name's not fitting anymore. Quite misleading, actually.
    Increasing the amount of apprentices you can take on daily makes sense in the way, that not every apprentice you take on reaches lvl 20. Likely not even 20%.
    Even if we take your estimate of 2 hours to teach someone the basics we're still ignoring the very likely possibility, that your apprentice will ask you for help at a different day again.
    Forget 50 apprentices at that point. Just a few could be quite the handful.
    Instead of being an actual mentor the only plausible way to reach some of the better rewards would be to advertise your recruitment link somehow.

    I doubt, that the current system will be changed entirely, but - just as I've done some time ago - I would advocate towards an apprenticeship system, where random growtopians can call for a helper in their language any time they need. Add a functionality to report abuse and a trust score and you'd have something that might actually help independent of lvls.
    Experience does not equal ingame time, or ingame level.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •