Thread: the problem with only letting crafter roles make items

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Default the problem with only letting crafter roles make items

So it has been more than a year since roles were released and we haven't seen any new items from them in a long time and I can't help but think it's because of the role items can only be turned into new items by crafter roles.
    By limiting the supplier role items to only being used in recipes for crafter role items you get:
    - supplier items being used in few recipes(some items are only used in 1 recipe)
    - crafter roles having a lot more things to craft than supplier supply roles *cough* builder role *cough* and eventually having too many to add more
    - limited uses for supplier items since they are only being used in crafter roles

I propose that supplier items could be made to go into normal recipes too without the need for a crafter role. Crafter roles can still be special by having unique/helpful items (I quite like the items that the builder role and chef role make as they are quite handy). Some supplier items are in very useful things like, the tesseract manipulator and gaia's beacon making them valuable, but other items aren't in high demand because they aren't used in recipes that are that handy or they are in good recipes but in low quantities. By having supplier items used in normal recipes more value can be brought to supplier items and more people will do roles.
    Professional thread killer

Master Sorcerer RandomGrowtopiaChicken's Avatar

so BASICALLY destroy the idea of crafters and make suppliers better than crafters?
    No thanks, if a person chose to go for a supplier role, they should understand that they can't craft items.
    -1 from me.
    hi

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    so BASICALLY destroy the idea of crafters and make suppliers better than crafters?
    No thanks, if a person chose to go for a supplier role, they should understand that they can't craft items.
    -1 from me.
    I don't mean to destroy the idea of crafters or make suppliers better than crafters.I just think that role items should be used outside of role recipes, the recipes wouldn't be better than what the crafter roles could make.
    Professional thread killer