Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: Growtopia on pc

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Growtopia on pc

    What the heck is happening? I haven't played gt on pc for some time (been active on phone) and when I updated on pc it was so annoying. The game just seems slow and not smooth like it used to be. Surgeries took me double the time they take on phone because of how slow windows pop. The game just seems to be dead on my end. I'm not experiencing lag, and I'm running a 16gb core i7 pc, so I don't see why the game would operate like this. Btw, was perfectly fine in previous versions, dunno what went wrong with the last update.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    What the heck is happening? I haven't played gt on pc for some time (been active on phone) and when I updated on pc it was so annoying. The game just seems slow and not smooth like it used to be. Surgeries took me double the time they take on phone because of how slow windows pop. The game just seems to be dead on my end. I'm not experiencing lag, and I'm running a 16gb core i7 pc, so I don't see why the game would operate like this. Btw, was perfectly fine in previous versions, dunno what went wrong with the last update.
    It has been like this after the November update for me.

    I have Ryzen 5-1600 and 16gb ddr4 with a RTX-2070 6gb card.

    I've pretty much had to get used to the blurry text and lag.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    If this is the case I might not use my pc for gt at all, seems unplayable especially when building or doing surgery
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    14,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    If this is the case I might not use my pc for gt at all, seems unplayable especially when building or doing surgery
    Sadly, PC is still the best platform for Growtopia.

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

    Avatar and sigpic by the amazing Mistrella, thank you so much!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer jigjig420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    i dnt care when u started
    Posts
    613

    Default

    its still fast for me

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard SpeedyNex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Well, lags happen mostly because of the server's instability (unless your internet is bad). Also, Growtopia only uses 1 core from your CPU so the number of cores your Processor has doesn't matter, it will still run very badly. Try cleaning up your hard drives from the bad sectors as well, that made my computer run faster generally.
    Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
    Find me on Twitter!
    Add me on discord: Nex#5964

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    If youre curious about the massive performance and stability regressions refer to this bug report:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...er-chat-update

    Please note that no dev even bothered to answer despite the critical gravity of the matter.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Bump this up
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer NotSeedTopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Malay-asia
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    I have Ryzen 5-1600 and 16gb ddr4 with a RTX-2070 6gb card.
    lowkey flexing ur pc specs
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    My gt works on pc just like before. Only when there is much lag, surg windows wont open smoothly, but that's not issue all the time. Lets say that 1/10-20 surgs goes slow and then i'm scared that i get dc.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    My gt works on pc just like before. Only when there is much lag, surg windows wont open smoothly, but that's not issue all the time. Lets say that 1/10-20 surgs goes slow and then i'm scared that i get dc.
    I don't experience internet lag, it's just that the game isn't smooth. The surgery window opens normally, but the opening animation takes longer than usual. That's basically the case for every other activity, and it wasn't like this before.

    I'm guessing it has something to do with their "behind the scenes rendering" update that they dropped recently
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Po3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Milky way
    Posts
    179

    Default

    My Gt also works fine on my laptop.
    Idk if surg what will happen
    IGN : DaunKunyit

    My Quote : ( Ask For Wl, And Get Advice.
    Ask For Advice, Get Wl Twice)

    Goals :

    • Focused Eyes (7/100)
    • Win 2 World Of The Day (1/2)
    • Zeus ( Still So Far Away)
    • Own All Ring ( 5/10 )


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •