Thread: Nuked 179 day lock worlds for new items after updates

Default Nuked 179 day lock worlds for new items after updates

This is an issue that I would like to report and that I noticed has started happening since the time-tossed update. This problem is the 179 day lock worlds getting nuked.

I first observed this happening during the update that brought us the Anubis spirit. The world BUYSUNBLADE was expiring got nuked the day that its lock reached 179 days of inactivity. Curiously enough, this world got un-nuked after the reset time (midnight in Growtopia time) and some random person managed to break the decaying lock and place his own lock in the world.

I also observed this during last Halloween with the worlds BUYCURSEDKATANA and BUYCURSEDKATANAS. Both these worlds got nuked, but strangely, only the second one got un-nuked 1 hour before reset so people could still compete to get it. The first one is still nuked to this day.

Another time this happened was this valentine actually when BUYDANDY and SELLMALLET were nuked for being at 179 days of inactivity. I actually managed to speak with a moderator about BUYDANDY, and I asked them when the world will get un-nuked. They told me it will stay nuked because "It was an auto farming world". Now I know for a fact that it was not an auto farming world, but possibly a world full of auto clicking bots that were trying to get the world. As for SELLMALLET, I'm sure that there was no chance of bots being in there as it was nuked rather early. Both of these worlds are still nuked to this day.

I understand the world getting nuked because of the high amount of auto clicking bots trying to get them, but why do some get un-nuked while others don't? I, as a lock hunter, also find it pretty unfair that some of those worlds stay nuked and some don't. Notice that only during their respective update that the worlds of those new items get nuked, no other 179 day world ever gets nuked usually.

I think that, if the worlds are going to get nuked, they should at least be un-nuked before the reset time or just simply redistributed to the community.
    Only trust people with what you're willing to lose.

Stay safe, don't get scammed, and have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Wipou View Post
    This is an issue that I would like to report and that I noticed has started happening since the time-tossed update. This problem is the 179 day lock worlds getting nuked.

I first observed this happening during the update that brought us the Anubis spirit. The world BUYSUNBLADE was expiring got nuked the day that its lock reached 179 days of inactivity. Curiously enough, this world got un-nuked after the reset time (midnight in Growtopia time) and some random person managed to break the decaying lock and place his own lock in the world.

I also observed this during last Halloween with the worlds BUYCURSEDKATANA and BUYCURSEDKATANAS. Both these worlds got nuked, but strangely, only the second one got un-nuked 1 hour before reset so people could still compete to get it. The first one is still nuked to this day.

Another time this happened was this valentine actually when BUYDANDY and SELLMALLET were nuked for being at 179 days of inactivity. I actually managed to speak with a moderator about BUYDANDY, and I asked them when the world will get un-nuked. They told me it will stay nuked because "It was an auto farming world". Now I know for a fact that it was not an auto farming world, but possibly a world full of auto clicking bots that were trying to get the world. As for SELLMALLET, I'm sure that there was no chance of bots being in there as it was nuked rather early. Both of these worlds are still nuked to this day.

I understand the world getting nuked because of the high amount of auto clicking bots trying to get them, but why do some get un-nuked while others don't? I, as a lock hunter, also find it pretty unfair that some of those worlds stay nuked and some don't. Notice that only during their respective update that the worlds of those new items get nuked, no other 179 day world ever gets nuked usually.

I think that, if the worlds are going to get nuked, they should at least be un-nuked before the reset time or just simply redistributed to the community.
    I'm a minor Lock Hunter myself, but I may never get a lock. I totally agree with redistrubuting, but the problem is many bots would affect the giveaway process. So many measures need to take place. Background on player creation date etc checks.
    "I gave you a plan, I gave you success. STOP THROWING IT AWAY!" - Chill Cultivator

My Youtube Channel

Latest video:

Lesser Wizard

I've seen 3 179 lock worlds get filled with punch bots. That issue needs to be fixed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultivator View Post
    I'm a minor Lock Hunter myself, but I may never get a lock. I totally agree with redistrubuting, but the problem is many bots would affect the giveaway process. So many measures need to take place. Background on player creation date etc checks.
    They were givingaway worlds a few months ago (or a year ago) and they had a few rules and one rule included not selling / trading the world to anybody else, welp some players didnt listen and traded the worlds, this might be one of the reasons why they stopped givingaway worlds.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Banned

Agreed more, this thread should be also in Suggestion box too!