Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Growtopia lost popularity after Current token System!

Quote Originally Posted by Castellated View Post
    It's not just about the tokens we're talkin' but also the sudden decreasing with the number of game worlds in growtopia, i can see only 2-3 bcs containing spleef and fashion contests.
    You can see here that the majority community is just hosting it for the tokens... and not for the true fun to it (idk if it’s true), just referring to your statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Negative sides..
    - Scam Minigames (Give 14 Days nuke world power to Game Guardians, problem solved!)
    Guardians can’t even nuke a world for a day... what are you talking about? 14 days nuke? So the world can be “unnuked” and players can scam again?
    I think the current system is fine, don’t see a necessity to change...
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Or maybe, game was new and exiting and got players while it is now old and kids say it's sooooooo last season or it is soooooooo year 2017 or even sooooo year 2015 that they get bullied at school it their friends would know that they play gt.
    Oh my god, this is exactly happening to me XD
    Since 2013, 2x Vacuum, 2x Scammed...

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    ... This is the main reason why 30,000 people have quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Guardians can’t even nuke a world for a day... what are you talking about? 14 days nuke? So the world can be “unnuked” and players can scam again?
    That's why i said give 14 days nuke&ban powers to Guardians... Also after 14days ban, players will learn his mistake and he won't do it again (My some of friends built fake parkour worlds in the past, after they got banned, they stopped doing that)...
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    That's why i said give 14 days nuke&ban powers to Guardians... Also after 14days ban, players will learn his mistake and he won't do it again (My some of friends built fake parkour worlds in the past, after they got banned, they stopped doing that)...
    Not everyone wants to change.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Or maybe, game was new and exiting and got players while it is now old and kids say it's sooooooo last season or it is soooooooo year 2017 or even sooooo year 2015 that they get bullied at school it their friends would know that they play gt. I bet, this has nothing to do with tokens. And if we think players today, who are toxic scammers, what do you think, would happen if ubi would allow scammers to start get ez tokens by making fake game worlds, fake giveaways and what's best, csn can have honors too so csn host could earn even more. I say, in current growtopia, free tokens from ppl who visit world would be worst possible idea ever. It's so bad that i could even start thinking about quitting if they would allow something so stupid happen.

So yeah. I have kids, and i know why kids wont play. I have heard reasons and reason is that it is embarrassing. There is always trends and today's trend is not growtopia. Same with fortnite rn. If kid admit that he plays it, all laugh for him. So question is not about tokens, questions is: how to make this game be trendy again in kids mind? How make it not embarrassing? How to change their minds so big that they start think that it's cool to be gt player?
    Me and my kids all started June 2013. I’m the only one left who plays. I play very little bit now, but they stopped all together.

Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
    Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
    Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
    IGN: Gooseneck Level: 100
    Hours Played: 10,000
    Punched:25.5 million times!
    Guild: Slaves

Default Eh

Good effort, but not the main reason chief :/

Everyone who says this isn’t the reason clearly doesn’t know anything about the game at all. One thing I’d like to point out is on September 2016, the number of players online skyrocketed only because ThinkNoodles played it on his channel. Thus attracting new players in for a while. So this part of the chart is inaccurate but the rest are.

The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens. After the 2nd change, that’s the end for every world Builders. I’m not talking about those WOTD builders or parkour builders, I meant EVERY builders such as Shop worlds, mini-game worlds and so on. This change discouraged a lot of players such as myself to stop building. Adding on to that, the increase of Broadcast Price made it even more unappealing for players to build worlds.

As a shop world builder myself, I love the idea of opening a shop because we get to trade our things for something else other than wls. That’s one of the main point of the game, trading. But due to this change and the increasing price of broadcasts, it’s not worth my time and effort to open Or even build one.

If you ask me, I’d rather take the old token system any day. Yes there’ll be more scam worlds but it’s a small sacrafice in compared to the decreasing amount of players every month. No system is perfect.

Okay boomer let's dance
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 56/125
    Sell Some STUFF IN OQ60

Current Goals
    Get WOTD Once! ( seriously ) --Never Lucky-- -
    Get atleast to 50 Gtokens - 33/50
    Have atleast a UT -

The playerbase was starting to go down even before the growtoken change but it definely did not help. I do not think changing it back would change much sadly as the playerbase already lost the players who hated the change. Maybe some players would come back but majority wouldn't.
    Retired poster

That is one of many factors. But if you wanna talk about the old token system they should fix the game's coding first because no matter what update they come up with, there will be abuse and exploit waiting. If I'm correct the game itself is made by Proton SDK (Seth's game engine) and it is outdated and very easy to hack. Growtopia is still a .exe since when it launches, why not put it in Steam and maybe install BattlEye. If the game cannot be hacked it will open doors to many possibilities since we don't have to worry about hacker and bots. I personally like the old token system than the current one because it makes world-building have meaning and reason, I know about scam minigame and parkour but I think it worth it because it makes Growtopia feels alive again. People will put more time in the game and it will be less boring.

Yeah and how about Growtopia 2. Just like what Runescape did to their game. If it has so many problems and stuff why not make a new version (solution to art styles like what you said in that thread, outdate game UI and other things)(no idea why they put Growtopia on consoles and now it a ghost town)

IGN:Supermarine

While all the growtoken systems have been flawed I don’t think the changes made to it were even a major contributor to Growtopia’s decreasing popularity. 2016 was simply the natural peak of its popularity. It’s important to note that 2017 was when Ubisoft took over Growtopia, and in spite of their attempts at marketing the game the situation has not improved. People who are just getting into Growtopia wouldn’t know about Growtokens (and besides, the game’s popularity was rising just fine before they were even added before 2014), older players started leaving, decreasing word of mouth, and newer players got more easily overwhelmed the more stuff was added.

Also, rather than revert to the original growtoken system, which started the trend for scam worlds, maybe suggest something entirely new. There was a reason it was changed, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    But bro, why does a middle-aged man working at a carnival need 14 fishnet stockings?

GrowID: Krazynewb

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Everyone who says this isn’t the reason clearly doesn’t know anything about the game at all. One thing I’d like to point out is on September 2016, the number of players online skyrocketed only because ThinkNoodles played it on his channel. Thus attracting new players in for a while. So this part of the chart is inaccurate but the rest are.

The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens. After the 2nd change, that’s the end for every world Builders. I’m not talking about those WOTD builders or parkour builders, I meant EVERY builders such as Shop worlds, mini-game worlds and so on. This change discouraged a lot of players such as myself to stop building. Adding on to that, the increase of Broadcast Price made it even more unappealing for players to build worlds.

As a shop world builder myself, I love the idea of opening a shop because we get to trade our things for something else other than wls. That’s one of the main point of the game, trading. But due to this change and the increasing price of broadcasts, it’s not worth my time and effort to open Or even build one.

If you ask me, I’d rather take the old token system any day. Yes there’ll be more scam worlds but it’s a small sacrafice in compared to the decreasing amount of players every month. No system is perfect.
    Ppl have changed. I can bet all my dls that taking old system back wont a. Give more honest players b. help us in any way. What we would get is only scammers and scammers and more scammers. Honest ppl wont get anything cause ppl have worlds where they hang out, they doesn't come in ur world if you wont host giveaways. As we see, ppl build amazing parkours for wotd and guess what, no players in there, cause current players doesn't like parkours. I'm sure that all todays scams and hacks were possible back in 2014 but ppl didn't do that cause they were different than now days gt players. So nothing, absolutely nothing can bring your old times back. Just like in real life. I can tell that life was easier and funnier back in 1995, cause there was no smartphones, there was internet but i didn't have it, there was no social media. But if we take smartphones now away, that doesn't make world as nice place as it was back in 1995. Cause we have changed. I would hate every day without net and smartphone. So while in memories all seems better than now days, it's only cause time makes old days feel better. It's illusion not reality.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE