Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Growtopia lost popularity after Current token System!

Default How Growtopia lost popularity after Current token System!

I want to show you Analysis about Growtopia popularity(from Google). It's about How Growtopia lost popularity after changing First token system.

Name:  Token_system_Analysis.png
Views: 1154
Size:  42.6 KB

• First Token System implemented into the Growtopia in March 2014, Popularity=32
      > After this amazing update, growtopia gained really a lot of players. People build a lot of worlds(PARKOUR, LOCKMAP and more..) for getting tokens.

• September 2016, First token system changed to Rate 1-5 with System Update, Popularity=88
      > The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens, also we broke record in 2015-2016 with 72.000 Online Players but...

• In January 2017, Rate system changed to current growtoken system, Popularity=83
      > After this change, growtopia keep losing players everyday, everyweek, everymonth! It's changed growtopia a lot, players stopped building collection, parkour and other good things. Because
    currently there is no reason to build and host them.
    • Current popularity=34 (Which is almost same as March 2014
      > I don't think any of these new updates can replace old token system. We just need it back!

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Everyone who says this isn’t the reason clearly doesn’t know anything about the game at all.
    The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens. After the 2nd change, that’s the end for every world Builders. I’m not talking about those WOTD builders or parkour builders, I meant EVERY builders such as Shop worlds, mini-game worlds and so on. This change discouraged a lot of players such as myself to stop building. Adding on to that, the increase of Broadcast Price made it even more unappealing for players to build worlds.

As a shop world builder myself, I love the idea of opening a shop because we get to trade our things for something else other than wls. That’s one of the main point of the game, trading. But due to this change and the increasing price of broadcasts, it’s not worth my time and effort to open Or even build one.

If you ask me, I’d rather take the old token system any day. Yes there’ll be more scam worlds but it’s a small sacrafice in compared to the decreasing amount of players every month. No system is perfect.

Suggestion: Brick back old token system
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 01-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

No offence but it’ll be stupid to only look at the vague statistics of the game and only blaming it on some Token system.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius

Default I Agree

But I Prefer Both Systems To Stay Because Old System Was Like For Rich People. Role Quests Good Daily Quests Good Life Goals Good Too. If Old System Comes Again And The System We Are Using Stays That Would Be So Good. People Can Build World If They Want Growtoken And If They Get Growtoken That Would Make More Players To Build. And The People Who Cant Build or A Little Lazy To Build Can Get Growtokens With Other System Too. That Would Make A Lot Of Players Happy.

Banned

This theory is basically saying that for example: "My supermarket has lost popularity because the manager removed the vegan hamburgers.".

One irrelevant thing doesn't lead to a massive change, I don't see any correlation between the two things here.

Or maybe, game was new and exiting and got players while it is now old and kids say it's sooooooo last season or it is soooooooo year 2017 or even sooooo year 2015 that they get bullied at school it their friends would know that they play gt. I bet, this has nothing to do with tokens. And if we think players today, who are toxic scammers, what do you think, would happen if ubi would allow scammers to start get ez tokens by making fake game worlds, fake giveaways and what's best, csn can have honors too so csn host could earn even more. I say, in current growtopia, free tokens from ppl who visit world would be worst possible idea ever. It's so bad that i could even start thinking about quitting if they would allow something so stupid happen.

So yeah. I have kids, and i know why kids wont play. I have heard reasons and reason is that it is embarrassing. There is always trends and today's trend is not growtopia. Same with fortnite rn. If kid admit that he plays it, all laugh for him. So question is not about tokens, questions is: how to make this game be trendy again in kids mind? How make it not embarrassing? How to change their minds so big that they start think that it's cool to be gt player?
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

i miss hosting spleefs and mini games and waking up the next day to receive 4 tokens :c
    Ign : Netrex
    Level : 77
    Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoFire View Post
    Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    Don't worry, I will...
    Windwall that lux ult

Lesser Wizard

I remember when the servers had to be upgraded because of thinknoodles playing growtopia

"There's daggers in men's smiles"

I would like to agree with this thread. Growtopia would be more fun if we visit random worlds to be greeted with parkours/spleefs and other mini games instead of a nude noob punching for gems to become pro.

Growtopia has lost its social sense ever since magplants and raymans were implemented. But i dont blame it on them together with the old token system. It's just growtopians nowadays are aiming to get high amount of dls instead of maxing out their friendlists.
    Every sunset is a proof that everything has an ending ~

I played gt for at lease 2yrs. I have 323 token.
    so do this thread means the old token system is more easy to get tokens?

How about the old farm vs today's farm?
    players can get easy world lock. "BFG and farm"
    also you can earn wls doing buy/sell.

I only wanna say that is anyone can afford to get tokens while having fun, not just "/sb" and wait. Just like a boss.

Ø

Quote Originally Posted by OofLimits View Post
    I played gt for at lease 2yrs. I have 323 token.
    so do this thread means the old token system is more easy to get tokens?

How about the old farm vs today's farm?
    players can get easy world lock. "BFG and farm"
    also you can earn wls doing buy/sell.

I only wanna say that is anyone can afford to get tokens while having fun, not just "/sb" and wait. Just like a boss.

Ø
    It's not just about the tokens we're talkin' but also the sudden decreasing with the number of game worlds in growtopia, i can see only 2-3 bcs containing spleef and fashion contests.
    Every sunset is a proof that everything has an ending ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    No offence but it’ll be stupid to only look at the vague statistics of the game and only blaming it on some Token system.
    Absolutely. Also, I can imagine having a re-implementation of the world token system would cause the game to lose popularity. Most people would try to exploit it like they do every other thing in this game, and as such scam worlds would become extremely popular again. Growtopia staff is already dealing with enough between updates and moderation, this would be totally unnecessary and would probably have more negative effects than positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    it’ll be stupid to blaming it on some Token system.
    Changing old token system affected everything in growtopia. Worlds, socializing, fun(spleefs, fashions) and biggest feature Punch, >build<, Grow. It wasn't the only token system.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    This theory is basically saying that for example: "My supermarket has lost popularity because the manager removed the vegan hamburgers.".
    If that vegan hamburgers were the reason to gain popularity for supermarket, removing it would be stupid, right? Like if Nusr-et 'Saltbae' stop doing shows while cutting meats, he would keep losing popularity. It's same.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!