Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Growtopia lost popularity after Current token System!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I want to show you Analysis about Growtopia popularity(from Google). It's about How Growtopia lost popularity after changing First token system.

Attachment 229123

• First Token System implemented into the Growtopia in March 2014, Popularity=32
      > After this amazing update, growtopia gained really a lot of players. People build a lot of worlds(PARKOUR, LOCKMAP and more..) for getting tokens.

• September 2016, First token system changed to Rate 1-5 with System Update, Popularity=88
      > The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens, also we broke record in 2015-2016 with 72.000 Online Players but...

• In January 2017, Rate system change to current growtoken system, Popularity=83
      > After this change, growtopia keep losing players everyday, everyweek, everymonth! It's changed growtopia a lot, players stopped building collection, parkour and other good things. Because
    currently there is no reason to build and host them.
    • Current popularity=34 (Which is almost same as March 2014
      > I don't think any of these new updates can replace old token system. We just need it back!

Suggestion: Brick back old token system
    This is only ONE of the many reasons why gt's popularity is declining. A lot of factors play a role in this too, for example, let's say someone's PERMA banned (this is what the devs are doing now), do you actually think this player's best friends/group is going to play without him? I'm not saying banning is bad... I'm trying to say that perma banning someone or even banning them for more than a month is ALOTTTT of time. Popular games like League of Legends only bans for 7-30dls (sometimes perma but that's cause this person has refused to let go of his attitude/toxic problems. Also, Gt has been A LOTTTT of items rn like I don't even know 30% of Growtopia's items because there are just SOOO many. Back then, people would grind to get a certain item (for ex: Ice dragon). This is what made growtopia so popular because nowadays, everything's cheap and wls are super easy to earn. Instead of adding so many items, maybe just focus on making the current items/events or whatever better...
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

The current token system is the best..
    The first was unsure for poor players (whether they got tokens or no they had to wait a whole day to get disappointed, also some rich owners of the most famous worlds just exchanged the ownership of their worlds with multiple accounts and then sold the accounts to the most offering players)
    Rating system was too easy to exploit at the point of finding 1 player owning the top 10 rated worlds... Yes all of them just by adding some bots and farming rates.
    Yes I liked the first token system but you had to super broadcast and broadcast all the day which was very annoying, now we just do the quests we want whenever we want, atleast it adds a sort of a goal in this vast game.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanJr View Post
    The current token system is the best..
    The first was unsure for poor players (whether they got tokens or no they had to wait a whole day to get disappointed, also some rich owners of the most famous worlds just exchanged the ownership of their worlds with multiple accounts and then sold the accounts to the most offering players)
    Rating system was too easy to exploit at the point of finding 1 player owning the top 10 rated worlds... Yes all of them just by adding some bots and farming rates.
    Yes I liked the first token system but you had to super broadcast and broadcast all the day which was very annoying, now we just do the quests we want whenever we want, atleast it adds a sort of a goal in this vast game.
    The first token system was the reason why people actually started building creative worlds, parkours or whatever. Also, the new token system doesn't make sense because any rich player can easily get 2-3 tokens a day (by rich, I'm talking about 100dls?).

Default 10 tokens a day old system player be like : Am I a joke to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    The first token system was the reason why people actually started building creative worlds, parkours or whatever. Also, the new token system doesn't make sense because any rich player can easily get 2-3 tokens a day (by rich, I'm talking about 100dls?).
    3 a day?! Are you joking? You could easily get 3 a day with 10dls, back in the day it was 10 a day for the rich people that had the monopole of the famous worlds that's why they sold accounts with Focus eyes and golden pickaxe, also people mostly built bad worlds for tokens like scam prize world that are still alive till now, also if you live something you simply do it because you love it you shouldn't expect something in return, people that stopped building because of the change were just looking for " profit" or " fame".

3 easy tokens with Daily quest, Daily goals, roles.
    The 4th is by completing all the daily bonuses, you could get more by doing 100 surgeries or startopia a day that's how much rich people can get. Not 3

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanJr View Post
    3 a day?! Are you joking? You could easily get 3 a day with 10dls, back in the day it was 10 a day for the rich people that had the monopole of the famous worlds that's why they sold accounts with Focus eyes and golden pickaxe, also people mostly built bad worlds for tokens like scam prize world that are still alive till now, also if you live something you simply do it because you love it you shouldn't expect something in return, people that stopped building because of the change were just looking for " profit" or " fame".

3 easy tokens with Daily quest, Daily goals, roles.
    The 4th is by completing all the daily bonuses, you could get more by doing 100 surgeries or startopia a day that's how much rich people can get. Not 3
    I meant realistically because If I really wanna tryhard I'd probably do 1-3k surgeries a day. Also, they could nerf the amount (instead of 10, it would be MAX 3). To add on, the devs have their way of catching people who buy/sell their accounts so I don't think it would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    I meant realistically because If I really wanna tryhard I'd probably do 1-3k surgeries a day. Also, they could nerf the amount (instead of 10, it would be MAX 3). To add on, the devs have their way of catching people who buy/sell their accounts so I don't think it would be an issue.
    Trying to get the old system is a huge time waste as the devs stated over and over that it's not coming back.

no, gt lost popularity because of u-
    h

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    no, gt lost popularity because of u-
    10characters
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 105
Size:  2.00 MB
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

10characters
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 105
Size:  2.00 MB
    no, not u u, but u- u-, u know? the u-
    h

Default owo__

I wish it still be here
    IGN:Realnaufal23
    Second IGN:FrostFloofy

[Goals]
    I Have No Goals,Later I Have To move another account hh

I <3 GT

Also, punchas and astinotrix are my senpais

Squire

I want to show you Analysis about Growtopia popularity(from Google). It's about How Growtopia lost popularity after changing First token system.

Attachment 229123

• First Token System implemented into the Growtopia in March 2014, Popularity=32
      > After this amazing update, growtopia gained really a lot of players. People build a lot of worlds(PARKOUR, LOCKMAP and more..) for getting tokens.

• September 2016, First token system changed to Rate 1-5 with System Update, Popularity=88
      > The first Token system change in 2016 affected a lot of players but majority still kept going because of the rating system making it possible for worlds to earn tokens, also we broke record in 2015-2016 with 72.000 Online Players but...

• In January 2017, Rate system change to current growtoken system, Popularity=83
      > After this change, growtopia keep losing players everyday, everyweek, everymonth! It's changed growtopia a lot, players stopped building collection, parkour and other good things. Because
    currently there is no reason to build and host them.
    • Current popularity=34 (Which is almost same as March 2014
      > I don't think any of these new updates can replace old token system. We just need it back!

Suggestion: Brick back old token system
    I'm not exactly convinced that the decrease in Growtopia popularity is directly related to the change of the token system, though it is smart for Ubisoft to temporarily bring it back and test whether or not it improves Growtopia popularity

Why doesn't Ubisoft just revert back to the old Growtopia if new updates aren't really working? A lot of successful games do that so why doesn't Ubisoft just do that? I'm talking about token system, chat update, broadcast cooldown, etc...