Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLOOMYDUSK - need feedback

Default GLOOMYDUSK - need feedback

Hi everyone, I just finished building my latest wotd attempt, and I want your feedback (do you like it, where can I improve etc..)
    Here's the render:
    Name:  gloomydusk (1).png
Views: 32
Size:  214.0 KB
    This is the old render
    Name:  gloomydusk (2).png
Views: 92
Size:  199.3 KB

Also, which one looks better?
    Last edited by ooopsi; 01-30-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Updated render
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Sewing and smithing service!

I’m sorry but idk what’s happening here... love the neon theme tho
    tu me manques.
    IGN : ecrivain
    My Insta : ecrivain.is.asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

same I dont know what is it about but love those neons
    IGN : SukaProjek
    Level : 48/50
    WOTDs : 1/3

a nub forumer n player
    follow my ig:@sukaprojek_gt
    <3

Oh! I forgot to check your world after you msged me, sorry.

Anyway, theres not much to say about this world since its meant to look simple and basic. Well neon.

The letters can have an improvement but its not that much of a deal but if you can come up with a better and more style of the letters G L O O M itd look more better.

As for the open spaces, just try adding more connectors to some parts and maybe itll look more like something since as i said, you ained for its basic look.

Maybe you can try some blocks that will fit well on being painted as charcoal so it wouldnt feel empty on some parts of your parkour.
    listening to a song with a tragic message often helps me to convey my emotions by being in the singer's position to feel it...

Glow~

one day,
    ill be playing a guitar on a rainy day,
    singing about it~

pretty empty
    Retired poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Oh! I forgot to check your world after you msged me, sorry.

Anyway, theres not much to say about this world since its meant to look simple and basic. Well neon.

The letters can have an improvement but its not that much of a deal but if you can come up with a better and more style of the letters G L O O M itd look more better.

As for the open spaces, just try adding more connectors to some parts and maybe itll look more like something since as i said, you ained for its basic look.

Maybe you can try some blocks that will fit well on being painted as charcoal so it wouldnt feel empty on some parts of your parkour.
    Well thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    pretty empty
    That was really helpful

Any suggestions to improve the world?

Banned

A bit empty, maybe try mixing more blocks, making a parkour in there?
    Maybe some more paint also.

Well, I paid the world a visit and honestly, I'm surprised and impressed at the same time but there's something I want to point out.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_36_44 (2).png
Views: 52
Size:  65.5 KB

Pardon my skills but it took me some time to understand what's going on inside, I literally didn't understand what I was supposed to in the first few minutes, though, that's just my bad skills. The world is too dark, I can't even see the blocks.

There's this one thing I like about this world which I want to point out is that we're supposed to find our own way on our own. My first impression was quite negative however after going deep in the world, it seems that the world is fun.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_43_42 (2).png
Size:  61.2 KB

Damn, the world is pretty neat. I was trying to understand why there was a public small lock inside the parkour and this is what I woke up to

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_48_43 (2).png
Size:  43.5 KB

Okay well yeah, the world is pretty good and I can see overall how much DLs were used in the world. The world feels like an ultra labyrinth which contains parkour.

Just a random thought, this world reminds me of one of those games in Carnival though a different version.

Ok, so this is, like the rest of the tower, where you hop from one to another and I think that you can have more spikes used while hopping from one place to another. Here's what I'm talking about

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_55_26 (2).png
Views: 54
Size:  62.7 KB

Talking about the middle of the tower, you can put some spikes down here like a few and give us a place where we can land (Let's say I'm standing in where I'm currently am in the picture and there are spikes next to me). You could also hide them with painting them to black or putting the background behind it however if you want to do that, possibly give us a checkpoint so we don't go back to the latest checkpoint.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_57_42 (2).png
Views: 51
Size:  67.4 KB

I like how you have to go up and down just for the key, that was good. (Note: I like the usage of one-way blocks and the usage of adventure items)

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 04_05_30.png
Views: 53
Size:  306.8 KB

I like the usage of the chains which direct me while I'm trying to arrive at the end otherwise it would just be chaos.

Overall, the first castle was very impressive in my opinion. The world felt like playing that one Carnival game and I had a lot of fun, especially in the first castle. The second castle was easy and the usage of one-way blocks was quite a lot however it was fun. I like the world, deserves that trophy!
    Join Forumers United!
    Discord: TobyLerasco#0001

Lesser Wizard

I can't see anything sorry. (even zoom-ed in)

Quote Originally Posted by Growchitect View Post
    I can't see anything sorry. (even zoom-ed in)
    Sorry not much can be seen on render but in game there's alot going on
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Well, I paid the world a visit and honestly, I'm surprised and impressed at the same time but there's something I want to point out.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_36_44 (2).png
Size:  65.5 KB

Pardon my skills but it took me some time to understand what's going on inside, I literally didn't understand what I was supposed to in the first few minutes, though, that's just my bad skills. The world is too dark, I can't even see the blocks.

There's this one thing I like about this world which I want to point out is that we're supposed to find our own way on our own. My first impression was quite negative however after going deep in the world, it seems that the world is fun.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_43_42 (2).png
Size:  61.2 KB

Damn, the world is pretty neat. I was trying to understand why there was a public small lock inside the parkour and this is what I woke up to

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_48_43 (2).png
Size:  43.5 KB

Okay well yeah, the world is pretty good and I can see overall how much DLs were used in the world. The world feels like an ultra labyrinth which contains parkour.

Just a random thought, this world reminds me of one of those games in Carnival though a different version.

Ok, so this is, like the rest of the tower, where you hop from one to another and I think that you can have more spikes used while hopping from one place to another. Here's what I'm talking about

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_55_26 (2).png
Views: 54
Size:  62.7 KB

Talking about the middle of the tower, you can put some spikes down here like a few and give us a place where we can land (Let's say I'm standing in where I'm currently am in the picture and there are spikes next to me). You could also hide them with painting them to black or putting the background behind it however if you want to do that, possibly give us a checkpoint so we don't go back to the latest checkpoint.

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 03_57_42 (2).png
Views: 51
Size:  67.4 KB

I like how you have to go up and down just for the key, that was good. (Note: I like the usage of one-way blocks and the usage of adventure items)

Name:  Growtopia 21.01.2020 04_05_30.png
Views: 53
Size:  306.8 KB

I like the usage of the chains which direct me while I'm trying to arrive at the end otherwise it would just be chaos.

Overall, the first castle was very impressive in my opinion. The world felt like playing that one Carnival game and I had a lot of fun, especially in the first castle. The second castle was easy and the usage of one-way blocks was quite a lot however it was fun. I like the world, deserves that trophy!
    Thanks for the visit! The thing with spikes is you can't put too many since the world is dark and it would become too difficult to complete. Adding more checkpoints defeats the purpose of the world being a sort of labyrinth and not parkour, and I prefer a simple world as to not distort players. Thanks for the feedback and hope you had fun!