33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (comment yesyes)

31 93.94%
  • No (please elaborate)

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback/Complaint - December Updates

Default Feedback/Complaint - December Updates

Been a while since I've written one of these. I wasn't too fond of December's updates and I'll explain why in this thread. This thread is not intended to offend or dishearten anyone - purely feedback. I'm a passionate player so sorry if I get carried away at times in this thread.

Royal Winter Seals
    I don't mind a grind in an event, hell I don't even mind an option to pay to skip progress... HOWEVER the Royal Winter Seals was NOTHING like the Guild Clash Events. In the Clashes, the amount of tokens needed to complete the branches vastly outweighed how many were rewarded in the IAPs, so the IAPs were an option but not somewhat necessary. Regarding the Royal Winter Seals however, if you decide to take the hard road without any IAPs, you need to fire off approx. 12k Winterfest Crackers. This is heavily unbalanced and by far one of my least favourite updates.

It gets better, the *only* way for an Ancestral item to reach level 6 is if you get like 9k (I forget the exact number) of these blooming seals. This is effectively a paywall. Yes you can grind but it'll take you a fair chunk of time over the 2 weeks of Winterfest. Mind you Winterfest goes over the holiday season, so you should have time as long as you don't waste too much time buying Christmas presents, preparing food/whatever for Christmas, celebrating Christmas, spending time with family, enjoying slacking off on boxing day (that's right grinding doesn't really count as slacking off), or you know - doing holiday things other than just blasting Crackers all day.

Ancestral items shouldn't have been increased past level 5 but since we've thrown that common sense out the window already, I'll leave that argument aside. The worst part is, for everyone who didn't succumb to the paywall - or managed to grind their way up, when further levels are inevitably made available in future events, they won't apply to anyone who missed out on Winterfest. That is quite obviously a flaw.

I know there's been lots of suggestions for event quests, but if this was an attempt at producing that, it was poorly done. Points shouldn't be awarded for a single activity - it defeats the purpose of enjoying the full event.

In short, Ancestral level 6 should never have been hit with a paywall and it should not be exclusively available to a player's performance (*cough* spending) in a single event.

Armored WinterBot - Feet
    Hard/challenging recipes are one thing, but making a recipe that uses 3 random items in 3 random quantities, with almost no hints is ridiculous. This is a game, we want to have fun, the last thing we want is the new and main "flashy" thing from an update being one recipe out of our reach for a whole year. It's frustrating that the only player in the game with the full WinterBot is a moderator who spawned it in. If the community is struggling with a recipe, it'd be nice to get more hints before the end of the event. Unlike Ice Skates of Winter where around 3 different teams obtained the recipe, there were no reports of players finding the feet and so it would not have negatively impacted recipe finders if we had received more hints.
    I mean it's obvious this Bot and it's pieces took a fair chunk of development time for Winter, so why keep it from us for a year?

Thanksgiving Trophies - 2019
    The Bad Trophies I'm going to talk about include the Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday Trophies. (Note, this also kinda includes the Balloon Warz trophies that had a bloody year on them). Before these were introduced all we had to worry about was WOTD, VOTW and Tournament. Nice and simple. When these trophies were introduced, it was trophy overload. There were so many trophies it was laughable, they were a joke - nobody gave a damn about them. When the trophies had their year removed it seemed like something was being done right, the trophies could be given out in small quantities each year to ensure that they still remained rare, without overloading the game with "rares". Rare oneoff glitch items like seeds that aren't meant to exist are fun things to collect, a pile of trophies that were all released at once and never to be released again - not so much.

However, as the 2017 trophies had already gained a notorious status, they were unique collectables in their own right and I can at least respect them maintaining their 2017 label. What really takes the cake though, is that we have blinkin' 2019 trophies. Like what the heck, we finally had a chance for a coherent release of trophies, and instead we got more year-specific junk. It's not too late, just please change the 2019 trophies to a crown or something, there are no 2018 trophies and there aren't even 2019 trophies for all the types. It makes the game feel messy.

Growtopia is losing consistency and it kills.

Frosty Wings (Calendar 2019)
    The calendar was great this year, we finally got a grand prize, and it was great to add a third calendar to the collection. A big let-down was that the Frosty Wings - the grand prize - did not flap. The wings are literally frozen solid (ha..) unless your character is falling. IMO the wings would look far better if, like other wings, they were continuously flapping. I'm not too fussed about the wings having a minimal effect though, I wouldn't have minded the Diamond Wings/Diamond Flashaxe effect being reused if creating a unique effect for it would have taken time.

IOTM
    Ok this is *very* minor, but I'm a collector. I collect all the IOTMs, I have the 2019 IOTMs in a single row and until December I could put 4 variants of the IOTM on a single Display Shelf. As there are only 2 variants this month, I had to replace the display shelf with 2 display blocks. If you're going to do a theme for the first 11 months, please just continue it for the final one.

Name:  IOTM.png
Views: 349
Size:  43.0 KB

Please vote on the poll and reply with your own opinions; I may add more if I think of any, if I do add more I'll probably write them in a separate post and then update my original post later. The points listed were my main issues with December's updates.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

i agree with all your statement

pls wait( my battery almost dies)
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

But wait bro. There's a catch for the feet. You need Winter fest to happen to craft it. IOTMs it's okay to have 2 since we don't need to have too many varieties to choose from. Kinda like Pay2WIN. 2 Varities are okay. at least will different attracting points to a player. Trophies supposed to have dates like those event building contest. There supposed to be a date so at least you where notified that you own that trophy. Those are kinda collectibles
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 52/125
    Sell SOG 40/WL IN OQ60

BUY TONS OF BOUNTIFUL PACK 2/1 LEAVE MSG IN OQ60

Aphelios wasn't talking because he was reading all of his abilities

+1.

I was especially annoyed at the lack of hints they gave. And the two hints they did give were irrelevant and vague.

'Oh, its chilly out here' - What the frick is that supposed to mean, there's at least 100 items which it could be referring to.
    Growtopian name- BellaSock

Hmm... idk yet what i think, but if seals was any way meant to be for everyone, there should be more steps. Like noob steps. Newbie can't get 250selas in 2 weeks in most cases. So maybe there should be some cheap stuff with small seal steps and for rich pro players could then be harder where they can use million crackers and tons of money. Next year, lets add more winter seal steps. Ik that this was seal test drive so now when we saw how hard it was to get even 3k seals (yes, i got them with money), i hope that next year with 3k i get little more stuff, cause i earned maybe 400 seals and well, couldn't get anything with those earned seals, cause i used money first day on fest and then i had 3k. After that i got those 400, what i couldn't use in anyway.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

yesyes

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

I’m glad to see you give feedback again, I enjoy these little pieces of commentary/lecture/idk.

IGN:StarByte

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    my tum tum hurts.

Was a bad update bringing back old items constantly
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 66
    Gems: 342k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

This update left me hanging for the feet

Royal Winter Seals
    I don't mind a grind in an event, hell I don't even mind an option to pay to skip progress... HOWEVER the Royal Winter Seals was NOTHING like the Guild Clash Events. In the Clashes, the amount of tokens needed to complete the branches vastly outweighed how many were rewarded in the IAPs, so the IAPs were an option but not somewhat necessary. Regarding the Royal Winter Seals however, if you decide to take the hard road without any IAPs, you need to fire off approx. 12k Winterfest Crackers. This is heavily unbalanced and by far one of my least favourite updates.

Ancestral items shouldn't have been increased past level 5 but since we've thrown that common sense out the window already, I'll leave that argument aside. The worst part is, for everyone who didn't succumb to the paywall - or managed to grind their way up, when further levels are inevitably made available in future events, they won't apply to anyone who missed out on Winterfest. That is quite obviously a flaw.

In short, Ancestral level 6 should never have been hit with a paywall and it should not be exclusively available to a player's performance (*cough* spending) in a single event.
    Definitely agree that Ancestrals shouldn't have been increased past L5 (particularly the Tesseract of Dimensions). I love buffs, they're a cool concept to benefit players using them properly - but they should in no way be as overpowered as an even higher level Tesseract of Dimensions. I hope 6 is the cut off point.

Royal Winter Seals weren't as bad as they were initially believed, IMO. Was it boring? Sure. But it was very possible. I still believe that a task system would be much more beneficial (you can easily incorporate IAP into it, too - I understand the need to promote sales).

I'd love something such as a Path of WinterFest - where you have a task sheet. You'd be given a task (try to incorporate as many aspects of the game as possible!) and once you completed it you'd get another one. At milestone numbers (10, 25, 50, 100 for example) you'd claim a reward. For those looking to rush with IAP you'd be able to buy a pack of items that allows you to skip tasks that you don't want to do.

Armored WinterBot - Feet
    Hard/challenging recipes are one thing, but making a recipe that uses 3 random items in 3 random quantities, with almost no hints is ridiculous. This is a game, we want to have fun, the last thing we want is the new and main "flashy" thing from an update being one recipe out of our reach for a whole year. It's frustrating that the only player in the game with the full WinterBot is a moderator who spawned it in. If the community is struggling with a recipe, it'd be nice to get more hints before the end of the event.
    I'm all for having really obscure, hard to obtain/discover items. I think we need more of them. But I absolutely don't think a limited time seasonal event is the best place to include them. Now we have to wait another year for them, which is a bit of a buzzkill and wasted effort for those who put in lots of time attempting to find them.

Strongly against the support-staff showing the item off, as well. Ruins the surprise of it, IMO. Let the player who discovers an item first be the one to show it off.

Thanksgiving Trophies - 2019When the trophies had their year removed it seemed like something was being done right, the trophies could be given out in small quantities each year to ensure that they still remained rare, without overloading the game with "rares". Rare oneoff glitch items like seeds that aren't meant to exist are fun things to collect, a pile of trophies that were all released at once and never to be released again - not so much.

However, as the 2017 trophies had already gained a notorious status, they were unique collectables in their own right and I can at least respect them maintaining their 2017 label. What really takes the cake though, is that we have blinkin' 2019 trophies. Like what the heck, we finally had a chance for a coherent release of trophies, and instead we got more year-specific junk. It's not too late, just please change the 2019 trophies to a crown or something, there are no 2018 trophies and there aren't even 2019 trophies for all the types. It makes the game feel messy.

Growtopia is losing consistency and it kills.
    Completely agree - there's no need to have so many trophies and variants of them. Sure, 2017 items became incredibly rare and valuable and it'd be a potential kick in the face to those who won or collected them. They ideally shouldn't have had years to begin with.

But the 2019 trophies also having their own unique dates feels like we're going backwards when it finally felt like we were going forwards in terms of trophies. +1 to making the 2019 variants yearless - and continuing that trend for future competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    Was a bad update bringing back old items constantly
    Old items coming back is literally part of yearly events - they're not standalone, revolutionary updates. This is the one time of the year where players can obtain and produce items from past years and discover new items from this years. Not bringing them back would be ridiculous.
    The Forum Manual!

Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.

You should've added at least two more options to the poll:
    Mostly Agree
    Mostly Disagree

Minor Disagreements:
    I agree with most of your points. I just think that Frosty Wings are fine the way they are. Not everything has to be "cool"[in terms of looks]. Frosty Wings are a lot more mild, some players might like that....although I think the wings would be better if it was more consistent. In my case I'd prefer it to not move, but you want it to always move.

I also think, although I see your point with the IOTM, the IOTM was too bad. I know you said it was a minor thing, this comment abiut the IOTM is also very minor. Its simply that if Ubisoft gets a good idea, they should stall to try it.

Disagreements
    For Winterbot - Feet, apparently someone found found the recipe. Although it is kinda a jerk move by the devs to not reveal any hints, if someone already found it, that would be mean of them to do.

Edit: Looking back at everything...it seems I disagreed with most if the things on the thread.....I still mostly agree with your thread tho. Disregard my minor disagreement, they are just my opinion. The Winterbot - Feet is also kinda an opinion, but a strong opinion that is shared by mods and stuff, I think. So.... yea.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

yesyes

Locke came a day late smh